Thread: Who could beat Floyd at 130?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who could beat Floyd at 130?

So Corales did not look weight drained and knocked down loads of times because Floyd was a monster puncher?

@Beanflicker has finally gone mad!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well you have to remember Floyd started his career as a boxer-puncher with power in both hands at 130. By the time he moved up to 135 he was like 27-0 with 20 KO's. He was a dangerous guy at those lower weights.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd looked fantastic that night, his hook was so fast. Like I've said previously; Floyd defeats Chico at any point. But to deny that Corrales was weight drained is delusional.

A fighter loses body fat through their camp, about a week out they just start drinking a heap of water, around two days out they cut that out and start to dry out for the weigh-in. After the weigh-in they then rehydrate and eat a few small meals. Because the body is starved it absorbs all the nutrients. Rehydrating to a much higher weight is common.

Corrales was over 6' and thinly built. He was already dried out before the Friday. Then to cut 8 pounds step on the scale and still be 132. Boil that off in the sauna to hit the mark. Of course once he starts eating and drinking again he is going to put on weight, it's common sense. There was even talk of him eating a sub in the dressing room.

I'd like to see a link that say Salido lost 20 pounds on the day of the weight-in.

Corrales still would have lost to Floyd at 135 or even 140 but it would have been a more competitive contest.

And again if it is so easy to lose the weight why didn't Mayweather lose his 2 pounds for Marquez?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lineal View Post
    I'd like to see a link that say Salido lost 20 pounds on the day of the weight-in.

Corrales still would have lost to Floyd at 135 or even 140 but it would have been a more competitive contest.

And again if it is so easy to lose the weight why didn't Mayweather lose his 2 pounds for Marquez?
    Well what was the 20lbs he put back on? Fat and muscle? It's all water weight man.

I know what weigh cutting is, I know how it works. I just posted about 10 fights on the other page where guys put on more than 10lbs after the weigh in. My point is that EVERYONE cuts weight in the sport except Manny and Floyd.

He had a tough weight cut. Ok, cool. So do a lot of guys and they go out and fight and win. If Floyd had asked him to fight at a weight lower then he was accustomed to - like Pac did to DLH or Ward did to Dawson - then maybe I could buy the weight drained excuse. But 130 was a weight class that he had fought like 33 times previous to that. It was his weight class.

Diego doesn't win a round against Floyd no matter what weight they fought at. It was a total mismatch in terms of skill.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lineal View Post

Well what was the 20lbs he put back on? Fat and muscle? It's all water weight man.

I know what weigh cutting is, I know how it works. I just posted about 10 fights on the other page where guys put on more than 10lbs after the weigh in. My point is that EVERYONE cuts weight in the sport except Manny and Floyd.

He had a tough weight cut. Ok, cool. So do a lot of guys and they go out and fight and win. If Floyd had asked him to fight at a weight lower then he was accustomed to - like Pac did to DLH or Ward did to Dawson - then maybe I could buy the weight drained excuse. But 130 was a weight class that he had fought like 33 times previous to that. It was his weight class.

Diego doesn't win a round against Floyd no matter what weight they fought at. It was a total mismatch in terms of skill.
    So no link hah? Like I said fighters come in dried out at the weight-in ready to make weight then rehydrate. They don't lose that 10 - 20 pounds on the day of the weigh-in, they are probably bang on about 3-4 days out, living on a piece of fruit and water a day until after the weigh-in.

The Gomez fight was called off this weekend just passed because it was thought it would be too dangerous for him to lose the almost 8 pounds in such a short period of time. Show me links that state the guys you posted put on weight, had to lose that amount the day of the weigh-in.

It's well documented that Corrales had struggled to make weight in his previous defences prior to fighting Mayweather and it's a fact he struggled going into that fight.

I agree it's Corrales faults for accepting the fight at 130, but like he said"They made me an offer I couldn't refuse". He had a court case coming up and a lengthy expected prison sentence. That 1.4 mil was something he couldn't really pass up.

Corrales was always a relatively slow puncher but he seemed deathly lethargic that night. I think a healthy Corrales puts on a more competitive performance. He probably still gets dropped a few times because he had terrible footwork and seemed to get caught of balance a lot. But I think it's a very different fight.

Thread Information