Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar admits to drug problem

Kinda hard to feel sorry for some dip-shit worth $200 million +, what a fucking dumb-ass.

''Rock bottom was recently,'' De La Hoya said in an interview that aired Tuesday on the Spanish-language network Univision, according to an English-language transcript provided by the network. ''Within a couple of years, just thinking if my life was even worth it. I don't have the strength; I don't have the courage to take my own life. But I was thinking about it.''

De La Hoya said he has been sober for three months after undergoing treatment and joining Alcoholics Anonymous.

He said he was unfaithful to his wife and that they were separated for a while.

De La Hoya admits addictions in TV interview - News | FOX Sports on MSN

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar admits to drug problem

My heart bleeds,

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Oscar wanted to die all he had to do was call Fernando Vargas. He'd be happy to help with an "assisted suicide".

In all seriousness though, I hate reading about someone I respect admitting to thinking about suicide. I find it to be the weakest most immoral thing one can do aside from being a child molester or something.

Not surprised Oscar cheated on his wife. Big shocker there.

Good luck to him.

I for one would still like to see him get back in the ring and fight Tito Trinidad in one last hurrah for each.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just assume every statement he ever makes is one narcissistic plea for attention.

He probably saw that coming out about personal demons humanised Ray Leonard and made people warm to him so thought he'd have a bit of that himself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought DLH admitted he had a drug problem a few months ago when he checked himself into rehab?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    I thought DLH admitted he had a drug problem a few months ago when he checked himself into rehab?
    No that was due to "stress".
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    No that was due to "stress".

My bad, i just assume when you go to rehab you usually have a drug problem of some kind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oscar's been through a lot of wars. addiction is nothing to laugh about. i wish him all the luck in the world...has everyone forgotten the wars he has given us, don't let that pretty face fool you.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess OScar decided to take a page out of Ray Leonard's book and figured that opening up his personal issue will gain him sympathy.. I like Oscar but Im not buying into his sob story.. It's like standing next to a homeless person and complaining that you only have $100 in your pocket while that other motherfucker is starving and shit..

This dude has achieved everything most men can only dream of yet he's coming out with all this sad violin and shit. I understand he misses his mom but she passed away well over 20 years ago and at his age, he needs to cope that loss in different ways rather than resorting to alcohol/drugs, womanizing and all that other mess.. There's no excuse for that..

Oscar is just going through that boredom faze that many retired boxers go through.. He's a person who thrives off competition but now that he's having to watch behind the sidelines, he's hella bored and losing interest in life.. Drug and alcohols was just another way for him to feel that rush since he couldnt get that fix inside the ring anymore..

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate it when celebs decide to 'come clean' in front of a national media. It is so phoney and seems to be something endemic within American celebrity culture. Tiger Woods with his 'opening up' and now Oscar doing the same thing.....with cameras and millions watching. A complete setup.

Clean up in private you attention seeking orange faced whore.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usually I have a belief that whatever a man does on his own time is his business. There are some people that have got to know so bless them. I never liked this man and he did even less to behave like one but he was smiling and I think he liked it so I say this, To each his frigging own. I don't feel sorry for him because I always rooted for the other guy whenever he fought since that robbery of Whitaker's title happened. The alcohol and the cocaine did not call Oscar by his name and say,Drink me and snort me! It was a voluntary thing. He was also smiling in that photo and no one was tickling him and she wasn't kicking his ass or was he acting out a fantasy for a dominatrix ready to spank him? Oh well now he's crying about the alcohol too.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he is saying for a person who has it all, he still has nothing. In reality he does, but just chooses not to see it and use it as an excuse to indulge in extra activities.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information