Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is there life after death? Of any kind? What do you really think?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is there life after death? Of any kind? What do you really think?

I don't want to speak for other people but I always felt that every single person's wish would be to live forever in either the physical sense here on Earth or after death in some kind of way whether it's reincarnation in another physical sense or whether it's in some spiritual way.

I mean there is not even any evidence that we have a soul or a spirit. If you think about all the chickens and cows and sheep and horses that have been slaughtered and eaten and all you have at the end is a pile of bones it makes you think that that is all that will happen to us as well.

I had a friend who did not seem to care at all about the possibility that after he died he would simply rot like a piece of rotten meat that we throw out when it starts to stink. He very emphatically said that he does not want to have any kind of existence after this life whether that be physical or spiritual or some other kind of way

I was born into a Roman Catholic family which really was a bit over the top and always trying to make you feel guilty for every little thing and basically the narrative was always that you were a bad kid and that they were such great parents and that they did not understand how a kid could be so bad and you always felt like you were getting scolded for such trivial and sometimes invalid reasons. You would get physical punishment for things that they interpreted wrongly and to actually did not do

I don't know how much of this came from Roman Catholicism in general in terms of their general belief that if you are humble and humiliated and realize you are nothing then you shall inherit the earth but they took it to the extreme so I don't know if it was just their mental illness or if there's also some cause and effect there what the Roman Catholic belief system.

In any case I believe it's both and for what it's worth when I was 15 or 16 I rejected both Roman Catholicism and Christianity not because I did not believe in a possible afterlife or that we had a soul but because I did not see any reason to believe in the dogma and indoctrination that a man was the Son of the creator of the universe. In that sense we are all sons and daughters of the creator of the universe. So basically I found organized religion to be a closed system

Yet I continue to hold out hope that there is some life after this in some way, although I now think of it in a non-religious way

Do any of you believe in life after death of any kind whatsoever?
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; Yesterday at 09:06 PM.

Thread Information