Thread: Do you want David Haye back?..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you want David Haye back?..

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    If he was injured before the fight, and the Achilles was caused by that same injury, he should lost his purse, and the promoter should be in court for defrauding the public.
    Just like Pac for the Floyd fight.

Haye will be back with a vengeance. Topple Bellew and then the Briggs/ Oquendo winner. From there the sky's (Joshua) the limit and the money.
    I honestly think Haye is finished as a top fighter but the route you gave will be but with a 3rd match against Bellew to milk it as much as possible.

Haye would get beat by Briggs, his body is shot.
    If Haye beats Briggs I'm going to by you a 'I love Haye' t-shirt that you must wear every Sunday.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he was injured before the fight, and the Achilles was caused by that same injury, he should lost his purse, and the promoter should be in court for defrauding the public.

Haye will be back with a vengeance. Topple Bellew and then the Briggs/ Oquendo winner. From there the sky's (Joshua) the limit and the money.
    I honestly think Haye is finished as a top fighter but the route you gave will be but with a 3rd match against Bellew to milk it as much as possible.

If Haye beats Briggs I'm going to by you a 'I love Haye' t-shirt that you must wear every Sunday.
    Before the Bellew fight I would never have wrote such a thing but after I do not think he can get at the level he once was and would be happy to wear anything you want.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before the Bellew fight I would never have wrote such a thing but after I do not think he can get at the level he once was and would be happy to wear anything you want.
    Lets see him back in the ring 1st then take it from there. I could see you in a Borat one piece.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye has piled an enormous amount of bulk and muscle on what is actually quite a small physical frame (look at the size of his wrists, ankles and fists). You get away with that if you're a bodybuilder, but boxing is much much more physically demanding and puts incredible strain on your tendons and ligaments.

He was always breaking new ground with quite innovative training methods too, maybe some of those weren't doing him too much good?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye has piled an enormous amount of bulk and muscle on what is actually quite a small physical frame (look at the size of his wrists, ankles and fists). You get away with that if you're a bodybuilder, but boxing is much much more physically demanding and puts incredible strain on your tendons and ligaments.

He was always breaking new ground with quite innovative training methods too, maybe some of those weren't doing him too much good?
    That's probably all true. He has been in the pros for 15 years so that also takes its toll.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's probably all true. He has been in the pros for 15 years so that also takes its toll.
    As I said his body is shot, X just put it a lot better with fancy words, blue and genuine detail but it was not as good as what I wrote.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Haye was half a fighter.
    Always has been
    Been saying this for years. I can't believe how long people kept buying the same con
    Sorry guys but thats nonsense. Dislike him all you will but to say he's always been half a fighter is way off the mark.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm... I don't know about that. Haye is the ultimate Monopoly player in the boxing circuit, and he seems to have amassed a bunch of "Move directly to GO... collect $200" cards. He doesn't do intermediates. It's the champ or nothing. Isn't that what he did with Wlad? I say he guns straight for AJ, and people fall for the con.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Hmm... I don't know about that. Haye is the ultimate Monopoly player in the boxing circuit, and he seems to have amassed a bunch of "Move directly to GO... collect $200" cards. He doesn't do intermediates. It's the champ or nothing. Isn't that what he did with Wlad? I say he guns straight for AJ, and people fall for the con.
    AJ is occupied by real fights and mandatories than get embroiled in the circus that is Haye.

Haye will at least have to fight once, to prove his fitness, before he can fight a champion be it Briggs, Parker or whoever.

That in all probability will be Bellew.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant understand why anyone wouldn't want him back, arm chair fans in particular

when he fights its at the very least entertaining, every time

I think to not want him back, when all you would do would be watch it in your living room, you must have some personal demons
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its like saying

would you like to sit in your living room and watch wlad klit fight again? - do I fuck, his fights are total dog shit and he holds like fuck all the way through them, why the fuck would I want to watch that again, frustrating, boring

would you like to sit in your living room and watch david haye fight again? - course why not, its exciting, and entertaining, only shit fight he has ever been in was against wlad klit and wlad klit has been in loads of shit fights
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    its like saying

would you like to sit in your living room and watch wlad klit fight again? - do I fuck, his fights are total dog shit and he holds like fuck all the way through them, why the fuck would I want to watch that again, frustrating, boring

would you like to sit in your living room and watch david haye fight again? - course why not, its exciting, and entertaining, only shit fight he has ever been in was against wlad klit and wlad klit has been in loads of shit fights
    If you want to keep watching a one legged cocky twat get beat up by a fat scouser the just go to Liverpool every Saturday night.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well whatever you think of Haye he is definitely knuckling down and back in training so clearly he's serious about a return.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/spo...ram-video.html
    @Ron Swanson To suggest he has been a "half fighter" is bollocks too, i've been ringside (Fragomeni) and seen him in wars where he's had to dig deep, cuts etc and turn fights around then getting off the floor against Mormeck and smashing him up in his own back yard is another example.
    He'll def have one last roll of the dice and let's face it he will have a tune up fight then simply stroll into a Bellew rematch, Title eliminator or a title fight as he's still that big a draw and one of the most marketable Box Office fighters on the planet. That is fact

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ is occupied by real fights and mandatories than get embroiled in the circus that is Haye.

Haye will at least have to fight once, to prove his fitness, before he can fight a champion be it Briggs, Parker or whoever.

That in all probability will be Bellew.
    Yeah exactly with AJ tied up a rematch with Bellew and/ or a shot at the Briggs/ Oquendo winner make sense. The WBA belt also gives him a bargaining chip in the AJ negotiations.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know, haye is a very smart fellow, he called out wladimir and vitali for a year or two then masterfully sidestepped them and took on valuev to get the wba belt and improve his negotiating position.. I wouldnt be surprised if haye does something similar again and tries to grab a belt from one of the lesser guys before actually taking a joshua fight... I suspect injuries have caught up with him though( even though he apparently faked every one of them :S) and time has run out for him... He could easily get a joshua fight though...

Thread Information