Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cotto macthed mosleys speed at times your not the same at 37 put it to rest

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cotto macthed mosleys speed at times your not the same at 37 put it to rest

My last ventin on this topic guys, once and for all you are not the same physically at 36-37 as you are when your 27 its not even close, cotto matched mosle yin times in speed and guys cotto is no where near as fast as a young shane. Im not bashing cotto he did what hes supposed to do but please stop saying shane wasnt better at 27 cmon be real.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto macthed mosleys speed at times your not the same at 37 put it to rest

Quote Originally Posted by pacdog
    My last ventin on this topic guys, once and for all you are not the same physically at 36-37 as you are when your 27 its not even close, cotto matched mosle yin times in speed and guys cotto is no where near as fast as a young shane. Im not bashing cotto he did what hes supposed to do but please stop saying shane wasnt better at 27 cmon be real.
    Can you please direct me to who said that Shane wasn't better at 27.
    I'm a huge Cotto fan but really want to see who made that statement as you say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto macthed mosleys speed at times your not the same at 37 put it to rest

Tell that theory to BHOP. He was pretty good at 37, probably better than he was at 27. Same with Joe C, he is better now at 36 than he was at 26......
    U may lose some speed but u gain loads of experience.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    Tell that theory to BHOP. He was pretty good at 37, probably better than he was at 27. Same with Joe C, he is better now at 36 than he was at 26......
    Very good point eagle, well said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

taeth heres one bu there are numerous others i have to find stating that mosley was smaller didnt hit as hard, not much faster etc...

What I don't agree with is that a younger Mosley would have done way better against Cotto... I think thats bs. Mosley was better in his prime, but not as much as many of you think. Mosley is a still a good fighter, and I think that this version of him would stack up pretty well against other versions of MOsley in terms of speed and power, and he has become a more skilled boxer along the way. I think Cotto gives any version of Mosley a great fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

very rare but..... none of those guys rely on speed.... and hopkins against a young fast fighter who he cant counter would lose, look at jones he still has good speed (not freaky speed) his legs are shot, his reflexes are not close to what they were, experienc eis great but id be willing to bet hopkins peaked at 32-34 and hes a bigger man smaller men dont have as long careers, george foreman another expmaple, his skills were not what he was when he was 27 but he was more calm in there and he had power the last thing to leave and eventually he got lucky but not before lsing and awful lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

very rare but..... none of those guys rely on speed.... and hopkins against a young fast fighter who he cant counter would lose, look at jones he still has good speed (not freaky speed) his legs are shot, his reflexes are not close to what they were, experienc eis great but id be willing to bet hopkins peaked at 32-34 and hes a bigger man smaller men dont have as long careers, george foreman another expmaple, his skills were not what he was when he was 27 but he was more calm in there and he had power the last thing to leave and eventually he got lucky but not before lsing and awful lot
    Joe C doesnt rely on speed? Have u actually wathced Calzaghe fight, his main weapon is his speed.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe C doesnt rely on speed? Have u actually wathced Calzaghe fight, his main weapon is his speed...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosely was a lightweight in his "prime", hell yeah he was faster then. One of the fastest fighter ever IMO, that was then, this is now. I really hope that someone isnt using that but in his prime shit.....please shut the fuck up with that shit. Nobody forced Shane to keep fighting, everyone gets old and gets losses. Deal with it and quit making excuses. Shane isnt saying oh if I was 24 I woulda kicked his ass..he's got class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe C doesnt rely on speed? Have u actually wathced Calzaghe fight, his main weapon is his speed...

Good comeback there. Really showed your immense boxing knowledge.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Neither am i as he shoudnt cotto looked good and did what a good champion does what pissed me off is many of the guys ont his forum judge a fighter byt the end of his career ignorant comments such as a few for example, tyson got koed by danny williams and kevin mcbride how good was he? Holyfield got knocked out by james tony a middle weight it goes on and on.... cotto would have destroyed misley in his youth worse. While I think the latter is just the opposite i would respect your decision if you had said it would be a much tougher fight for hi, put it to bed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Neither am i as he shoudnt cotto looked good and did what a good champion does what pissed me off is many of the guys ont his forum judge a fighter byt the end of his career ignorant comments such as a few for example, tyson got koed by danny williams and kevin mcbride how good was he? Holyfield got knocked out by james tony a middle weight it goes on and on.... cotto would have destroyed misley in his youth worse. While I think the latter is just the opposite i would respect your decision if you had said it would be a much tougher fight for hi, put it to bed...
    You are the one that said Joe C doesnt rely on speed. After an ignorant comment like that why shoulds anyone listen to you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if thats your defintion of handpseed i cant help you,, heres the truth and it hurts calzaghe is a horrendous champion he fights like an amteur has the slap speed pitty pat grabage he looks like hes fighting as an amateur, the guys hes beat are b level fighters, he sucks, ricky hatton i love the guy but he comes over here with his 40 and o record and basically loses to collazo Collazo? The guys from overseas need style adjustments like klitchko has done...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know what forget it, heres the truth and it hurts calzaghe is a horrendous champion he fights like an amteur has the slap speed pitty pat grabage he looks like hes fighting as an amateur, the guys hes beat are b level fighters, he sucks, ricky hatton i love the guy but he comes over here with his 40 and o record and basically loses to collazo Collazo? The guys from overseas need style adjustments like klitchko has done...
    HAHAHAHAHA im no great Calzaghe fan but to say he is a horrendous champion is ridiculous. Kessler is a great fighter with almost perfect technique and Joe beat him. U really need to think about what u are saying cos its just rubbish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

are you from the uk?? Your gonna take offense to this then, guys from over seas have that particular style which does not work well against a seasoned guy trained in the us. its the type of style they figh there, lennox lewis was horrendous in his fight against frank bruno beacuse of it, lewis had all the tools but bad technique you see how much he improved when he came here, has nothing to do with americans are better europeans are better its styles that work well in europe not here. its like for example disputing that ju jitsu is not neccesary to compete in mma you cant compete without it

Thread Information