Default Froch vs. Groves: Predictions?

Who wins? How's it going to play out?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs. Groves: Predictions?

Froch destroys him!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves has it in him to win this on points but I cant see him keeping Froch off for 12 rounds.
    Froch by late stoppage around 10th BUT I think Groves will shock a lot of people and win a load of early to mid rounds.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the record I cant wait for this , really do think this is gonna be an absolute belter of a fight ;-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like groves. I know he's a big underdog but I can see him winning maybe by ko. Froch is going to come right for him and I could see groves putting him on his arse.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Groves is gonna frustrate him with his movement and smack that big nose all over the shop. Froch has been down and wobbled when caught with sniper counters and that's Groves game. Make the plodder chase.

Groves KO 1 or PTS. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mid round stoppage either way, after a cagey opening with both trying to establish their jab. Someone will get tagged after a while and it will turn into a war.

If I have to pick, then Froch gets Groves up against the ropes a la Bute and a wave happy Howard Foster stops it.

I have bet Froch KO @ around Evens and Groves KO @ 12/1
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a very interesting fight that I'm highly anticipating. I see experience playing a big role in this one because Groves has approximately 95 professional rounds and Froch has near 300. That kind of experience usually counts in big fights. This fight may be too early for Groves. Groves has balls though. It's also odd that Groves split with Booth before the biggest fight of his career. How will that play into this fight?

I know I keep coming back to it, but look at the difference between Groves' trajectory and DeGale's. It's night and day.

We all know speed troubles Froch, but at the same time, Froch has beat faster fighters multiples times before. He's got exceptional timing and he's rangy.

In my opinion, the question will be whether Groves can break out to an early lead on the cards. Win the first four rounds or so and then nick a couple down the line for a disputed points win. Also, we'll see if Groves can handle Froch's power over the full 12. I have a hard time seeing Groves stopping Froch.

Froch, on the other hand, needs to scare Groves with his power early and then win rounds on ring generalship, by forcing the action. I don't have hard time seeing Froch stopping Groves.

To me, this goes one of three ways, Groves on the cards, Froch by disputed decision, Froch by KO.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has Groves been wobbled or stopped dead in his tracks in his professional career?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anderson dropped Groves but he got up and done him in the 6th round.
    But Froch was put on his ass by Taylor and went on to smash him in the last seconds.
    Froch seriously needs to be aware of Groves chopping right handers early on.
    Frochs low left hand is asking for it ;-)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

# and the new...never seen so much shit in my life, trust me groves is going to be put to sleep next weekend and it's going to be one sided ...like the Bute fight. People thought Froch was going to be outboxed by him and the complete opposite happened and the same will happen next weekend trust me. The difference between Up and comers and proven elite level fighters will be shown next weekend mark my words. Sorry to piss on your fire Groves fans but your all in for a harsh dose of reality next weekend and there's only one word to describe what the cobra is going to do next weekend and that word is brutality. Because that's what we are going to see next weekend, brutality in the ring and the cobra will move one step closer to getting ward back in the ring again!!! He's coming for you Ward and there's nothing u can do about it

I posted this Groves' Facebook not too long ago but that's my prediction.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing Ward can do about it? Like except beat him by an even wider margin this time

I think Groves is a very live dog in this, he has the tools to beat Froch if he can avoid getting caught early on imo.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Nothing Ward can do about it? Like except beat him by an even wider margin this time

I think Groves is a very live dog in this, he has the tools to beat Froch if he can avoid getting caught early on imo.
    I'm in the same boat. Experience and power all Froch, but Groves is a mover and Froch has trouble with them. I think I am just going to enjoy this one as I can't pick. It should be a good fight.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

groves on points

styles make fights
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heart says Groves
    Head says Froch

It depends how they approach it, if it ends up being a slugfest Froch will stop him mid rounds.

But if Groves can stay on the back foot and land jabs and eye catching right leads, and just try and avoid Froch all fight, I think he could take a points decision.

One thing I'm sure of is that it won't be the 1 sided demolishing of Groves that everyone seems to think.

Groves is mandatory for a world title for a reason and credit to him for taking a risky fight that he didn't have to take so early in his career.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 11-21-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Thread Information