Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "quality" opponents Wlad "fought"

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    @Max Power Stop making up stories Brewster was finished the second time they fought.

Lennox would force the fight with Wlad because he panics when anyone gets in close. Wlad would not take the punches his brother did. Just imagine that uppercut landing on Wlads chin.

Why do you post so much rubbish?
    All I can say to that, as you already know my position on basically everything by now, is that you are "slightly" overrating Lewis and Vitali here and "MASSIVELY" underrating Wladimir.
    So you have to make up stories to back up your own claims?
    I never make up stories. I just "educate" the uneducated and sometimes am the one who ends up being educated myself lol
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by roberto duran legend View Post
    Lennox would absolutely destroy Wlad , there is no argument there,he is not in same league.
    Yeah, just like he destroyed Zeilko Mavrovic.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no issues with the likes of Mariusz Wach because if that's the best we have around then that ain't Wlads fault. Not only that, Wach was big and did pose a threat, In fact he caught Wlad and had him worried for a sec in that fight.

========================

My Issue is with people like Francesco Pianeta who no one had heard of
    -Lets take a look at that statement for a second.

So "no one had heard of" Francesco Pianeta yet he is fighting for 4 heavyweight world titles? CLEARLY an attempt to just make a little money with no risk. Now love or hate Mayweather, he would never fight someone unheard of just to make a little cash when he can fight high ranked fighters and make a killing.

He posed absolutely no threat!
    -How can you sell a fight like this? Wlad toyed with him for 6 rounds and almost as if he decided he was bored, turned on and stopped him like he could have done it with his first punch!

Someone said to me that with low ranked fights (and some high ones) some fighters can charge a decent amount of $£$£$£ per commercial/advert. So if Wlads promotion had this, it benefits Wlad more to take the fight to at least the middle rounds.

Hence why Wlad decided 6 rounds was enough and just sparked him out.

NOW - I am not sure how true the advert/commercial thing is, but it is an interesting thought.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    I have no issues with the likes of Mariusz Wach because if that's the best we have around then that ain't Wlads fault. Not only that, Wach was big and did pose a threat, In fact he caught Wlad and had him worried for a sec in that fight.

========================

So "no one had heard of" Francesco Pianeta yet he is fighting for 4 heavyweight world titles? CLEARLY an attempt to just make a little money with no risk. Now love or hate Mayweather, he would never fight someone unheard of just to make a little cash when he can fight high ranked fighters and make a killing.

-How can you sell a fight like this? Wlad toyed with him for 6 rounds and almost as if he decided he was bored, turned on and stopped him like he could have done it with his first punch!

Someone said to me that with low ranked fights (and some high ones) some fighters can charge a decent amount of $£$£$£ per commercial/advert. So if Wlads promotion had this, it benefits Wlad more to take the fight to at least the middle rounds.

NOW - I am not sure how true the advert/commercial thing is, but it is an interesting thought.
    Interesting thought and interesting post.

I don't think Pianeta is a thrashing machine at all.

But Pianeta, as coddled as he might have been, was very big and strong. He always has a punchers chance vs Wladimir, however slight.

He WAS a credible opponent, you don't go around 30 fights unbeaten if you are not a decent boxer.

If you hadn't heard of him that's fine. There were obviously many who had.

If your trying to say that a guy like Pianeta...

THIS guy...

http://www.badculture.net/wp-content/uploads/wlad1.jpg

Is one of Wladimir Klitschko's shittest opponents, what that really means is that Wladimir Klitchko's resume must really be o good that it blows all other resumes completely out of the water.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

========================

But Pianeta, as coddled as he might have been, was very big and strong. He always has a punchers chance vs Wladimir, however slight.

He WAS a credible opponent, you don't go around 30 fights unbeaten if you are not a decent boxer.

THIS guy...

Is one of Wladimir Klitschko's shittest opponents, what that really means is that Wladimir Klitchko's resume must really be o good that it blows all other resumes completely out of the water.
    When the fight was announced I created a thread, something like "who the fuck is Francesco Pianeta" and I can't remember anyone saying that they knew of him.

30 fights is fuck all, when they tried to sell it all they had was a win over a 47 year old Oliver McCall.

His second best win was against 44 year old Frans Botha! In 2009 he beat Matt Skelton who was 42.

IN FACT - If you look through like the 7 guys he fought before Wlad most of them are in their 40's and late 30's.

Lets not fuck about, looking good with pecks and a six pack doesn't mean you can box. Pianeta was 28-0-1 and had not had a single test in his career.

He was however lick your lips good for Wladimir Klitschko. He was unbeaten, in shape, had a win over a name (regardless how old).

It's ridiculous that he was even considered to be in the same arena as Wlad, when his best win was against McCall who was ranked 100+ in the world at the time.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 01-01-2015 at 02:15 PM.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

========================

THIS guy...

When the fight was announced I created a thread, something like "who the fuck is Francesco Pianeta" and I can't remember anyone saying that they knew of him.

30 fights is fuck all, when they tried to sell it all they had was a win over a 47 year old Oliver McCall.

His second best win was against 44 year old Frans Botha! In 2009 he beat Matt Skelton who was 42.

IN FACT - If you look through like the 7 guys he fought before Wlad most of them are in their 40's and late 30's.

Lets not fuck about, looking good with pecks and a six pack doesn't mean you can box. Pianeta was 28-0-1 and had not had a single test in his career.

He was however lick your lips good for Wladimir Klitschko. He was unbeaten, in shape, had a win over a name (regardless how old).

It's ridiculous that he was even considered to be in the same arena as Wlad, when his best win was against McCall who was ranked 100+ in the world at the time.
    Yes, Francesco Pianeta did not fight a high level of opposition to generate his padded record. I know this. The best opponents were well past prime.

But your comment trying to degrade Wlad's resume is off base, your claim "he was a good opponent for Wlaidmir though" is in direct conflict with your opening one "he did not belong in the same ring with Wlad".

So which is it? LOL You cannot have it both ways!

I will tell you what Pianeta was, he was a stay busy opponent, certainly not among Wladimir's best wins and was never promoted to be any kind of real threat. He got given an opportunity pure and simple and both made some money.

The thing is, Pianeta, despite his shortcomings, was a DECENT opponent!

He was STILL big and strong and he was STILL an unbeaten opponent.

No champion boxer in the past has ever faced the top competition ALL of the time, so why hold Wladimir to this standard exclusively?

If a guy like Pianeta is the example of a stay busy fight, I am very impressed.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what if he was undefeated. the division is devoid of talent and it is easy to get a title shot by fighting nobody. It is truly awful.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

========================

THIS guy...

Yes, Francesco Pianeta did not fight a high level of opposition to generate his padded record. I know this. The best opponents were well past prime.

But your comment trying to degrade Wlad's resume is off base, your claim "he was a good opponent for Wlaidmir though" is in direct conflict with your opening one "he did not belong in the same ring with Wlad".

I will tell you what Pianeta was, he was a stay busy opponent, certainly not among Wladimir's best wins and was never promoted to be any kind of real threat. He got given an opportunity pure and simple and both made some money.

No champion boxer in the past has ever faced the top competition ALL of the time, so why hold Wladimir to this standard exclusively?

I feel that you are clutching at straws now.

You know exactly what I meant, however the level of idiocy that thrives on this forum never stops amazing me so I'll break it down to you are like a child.

1 - For Wlads personal wealth, Pianeta was perfect, by being undefeated and having beaten Oliver McCall (again old) he had a way of selling a fight with an unknown fighter.

2 - For HW boxing he was a joke of an opponent for the champ and did not belong in the ring with Wlad.

Now I hate being harsh with people but there is no way you can think that Wladimir Klitschko, undefeated in like a decade, holding 4 world titles (3 majors), coming off the back of a decent win against a fighter who is at least a known contender at world level and can pick any fighter he wants to fight.... Picks Pianeta....?

It's ridiculous that he doesn't always aim to fight the top fighters in the division.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Wlads opponents have been discussed enough previously, the undiscussed problem is that there was more than one heavy weight champion which watered down every single contender, and all a top twenty fighter had to do was wait a year for a payday against either brother.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what if he was undefeated. the division is devoid of talent and it is easy to get a title shot by fighting nobody. It is truly awful.
    Well that was really objective @Master, I am stunned by your insight! LOL

Atleast Pianeta got his shot by beating aged former champs and WINNING fights.

Let's now forget how previous champs opponents got their shots, by beating a series of ACTUAL bums and sometimes by LOSING fights! And these were often regarded as credible opponents, not stay busy fights like Pianeta!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well that was really objective @Master, I am stunned by your insight! LOL

Atleast Pianeta got his shot by beating aged former champs and WINNING fights.

Let's now forget how previous champs opponents got their shots, by beating a series of ACTUAL bums and sometimes by LOSING fights! And these were often regarded as credible opponents, not stay busy fights like Pianeta!
    What did he do when he fought Wlad? awful effort.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

========================

THIS guy...

I feel that you are clutching at straws now.

You know exactly what I meant, however the level of idiocy that thrives on this forum never stops amazing me so I'll break it down to you are like a child.

1 - For Wlads personal wealth, Pianeta was perfect, by being undefeated and having beaten Oliver McCall (again old) he had a way of selling a fight with an unknown fighter.

2 - For HW boxing he was a joke of an opponent for the champ and did not belong in the ring with Wlad.

Now I hate being harsh with people but there is no way you can think that Wladimir Klitschko, undefeated in like a decade, holding 4 world titles (3 majors), coming off the back of a decent win against a fighter who is at least a known contender at world level and can pick any fighter he wants to fight.... Picks Pianeta....?

It's ridiculous that he doesn't always aim to fight the top fighters in the division.
    He has basically done exactly that.

- Nobody has fought and beat MORE good 200+ HW's than Wladimir ever,

- Taking on Pianeta was NO DIFFERENT than Lennox Lewis taking on unbeaten Mavrovic which "nobody heard of previously".

Wladimir has subsequently beaten Pulev and Povetkin and has cleaned out the division many times. Please don't try to sell me that Wladimir is avoiding top fighters.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What did he do when he fought Wlad? awful effort.
    The answer? He fought Wlaidmir Klitschko.

Nobody is going to look very good fighting Wladimir.

Just trying to hit the guy requires a good effort.

Lennox Lewis

jon09 Guest

Wow...The champ has ducked not 1 contender unlike some of the lower division p4p champs have. He is doing what a champion should be doing and that is defending against whoever is put in front of him. The better question is what would the heavyweight division look like if the brothers did not exist? I think we might have seen Haye vs Peter for unification. But off the top of my head is Haye, Peter, Rahman, Brewster, Byrd and the 1 handed victory over Austin. Wlad beats Marciano and his entire record of opponents.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OTNB land..

Where Pianeta, Mormeck and LEapai stay busy fights are testament of shame to the champion for beating, but where guys like Ernie Terrell and Alfredo Evangelista were "quality" opponents for a champ?

LOL

Lennox Lewis

Thread Information