Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default what

Now I dont want any porkys, What was the first thing that went through your head, when for the first time your coach said this.Right get some gloves on your sparring, tell the truth
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what

To be honest I was afraid and very nervous even the first round of boxing I still was afraid and nervous because everyone was telling he was very good,I didn't do anything just defense in the first round.Round 2 and 3 went better when I realised that the other guy wasn't going all out on me.But I learned a lot from that and I now have learned to control the nervousness.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mathias cc
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was a bit afraid, but i knew the guys at our club dont go to hard on the begginers, first round was just jabs next 2 light tap spar , i was surprised gow tiring it was first time, now i cant get enough of it!.
    good thread by the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i was excited but still a bit nervous at the same time the 2 lads i sparred with the first time i ever sparred one is a 3 time midlands junior champ and the other has been in the final of the aba national championships but had to pull out with illness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't sparred yet but I hope my first time is against a 12year old who's half my weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't sparred yet but I hope my first time is against a 12year old who's half my weight.

First of all why would you wanna spar smaller kids, your not going to learn anything, and second of all i have seen kids spar smaller kids and get there asses wooped, so please dont underestimate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Firts of all I'm pretty sure that at 33 I can take almost any 12year old you put in front of me. Second, it was a joke there genius. I think you've been hit once too many times.

Besides, I wouldn't need to box a 12year old. I could just wring his neck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When he first asked I didn't have a gum shield with me, so I was off the hook. He said to tell him when I had one so I could have a go, so the ball was effectively in my court when I wanted to spar. I hesitated for a few weeks, I wasn't scared, but I didn't want to sound cocky asking to spar.

My first sparring session was against a smaller guy, but who was more experienced. Just jabbing for the first round and he was going easy on me. The feeling I most remember from that experience was being caught in the eye early on, and then realising I was on my own in there. I'd been used to competing in team sports like rugby, where it is easy to 'hide' for a while after getting a knock so you can recover. All in all I enjoyed and have been back for more since.

Thread Information