Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anthony Joshua v Dillian Whyte - Massive Bill

While I may have refused to shell out for last week's Tyson Fury fight because of the complete lack of any kind of support acts, I'm increasingly coming to think that the Anthony Joshua PPV may actually be one I'm willing to pay for.

It is stacked with some of the best of British talent, its got some great matchups, some good up and comers, tidy domestic fighters and even another Kevin Mitchell world title shot. If I'm paying for a card, then six or seven decent matchups do tend to be more my style than one huge fight and limited support.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Dillian Whyte - Massive Bill

I'm exactly the same. Don't have no problem paying a score for half-a-dozen quality fights on the same card - whether it's "world," British or European level. I didn't buy last weeks fight or Pac-Floyd.

Anthony Joshua-Dilian Whyte
    Chris Eubank jr-Spike O'Sullivan
    Kevin Mitchell-Ismael Barroso
    Tony Bellew-Mateusz Masternak
    Luke Campbell-Yvan Mendy
    Paulie Malignaggi-Gianluca Branco
    Josh Warrington-Jorge Sanchez

Tough fights for Mitchell and Bellew, can see possible upsets there. Campbell's opponent went 12 rounds with Postol. Paulie has landed his dream of an all-Italian European title fight in London - as he's an honorary Brit. Completely mad. Brilliant. And the two top fights are genuine grudge matches, someone is getting proper chinned.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'm exactly the same. Don't have no problem paying a score for half-a-dozen quality fights on the same card - whether it's "world," British or European level. I didn't buy last weeks fight or Pac-Floyd.

Luke Campbell-Yvan Mendy

Tough fights for Mitchell and Bellew, can see possible upsets there. Campbell's opponent went 12 rounds with Postol. Paulie has landed his dream of an all-Italian European title fight in London - as he's an honorary Brit. Completely mad. Brilliant. And the two top fights are genuine grudge matches, someone is getting proper chinned.
    To be fair, I can see the value and there are some interesting fights , but I begrudge the whole principle of ppv when I fucking pay a Sky subscription. I have given in on the past, for Floyd v Pac, both Froch v Groves fights in the hope that Froch would get ko'd , and I probably will for Quigg v Frampton.
    Anyway, it's the X-Factor final on the 12th! 😂😂

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I first saw that Joshua v Whyte was going to be PPV, I thought that it was a big pile of shit and that I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, but the card is stacked, and its five or six hours of good competitive boxing. Beers will be in.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any ideas on start times?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Any ideas on start times?
    My best guess would be a five or six pm start to get things done before 1am...

Having checked the PPV starts at 5pm on SS.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Luke Campbell-Yvan Mendy

The fact that Josh Warrington is sixth in the pecking order says everything really. He, warrington who has headlined shows in the past. It's a very good card.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Warrington has a big fanbase.

10.45 is the scheduled ring walk for AJ-Whyte. The Matchroom bills are pretty slick compared to old FW but they must fancy some KO's for their boys, otherwise it will be pushing it a bit.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wonder if this will be radio?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Iv just been on paddypower and looked at some boxing odds.

They have the Fury v Klitschko rematch up and a potential Fury v Joshua match. Bear in mind that Tyson Fury has just beaten the best fighter on the planet with ease and is facing him in a rematch and that Joshua is yet to fight for even a British title and get out of the third round and try to get your head round these odds...

Fury 10/11 Klitschko 10/11

Fury 5/4 Joshua 8/13

The rematch is seen as an even money fight, more 50/50 than the first! Then Joshua is the favourite??
    @Silkeyjoe have you been drinking compiling these?
    Last edited by Master; 12-05-2015 at 04:10 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They have the Fury v Klitschko rematch up and a potential Fury v Joshua match. Bear in mind that Tyson Fury has just beaten the best fighter on the planet with ease and is facing him in a rematch and that Joshua is yet to fight for even a British title and get out of the third round and try to get your head round these odds...

Fury 5/4 Joshua 8/13

The rematch is seen as an even money fight, more 50/50 than the first! Then Joshua is the favourite??
    Fucking Hell! Ross talking about betting again, like he's knows the first thing about it!😂😀😂😂 now he's trying to tell Silkeyjoe his job!
    Toss, (sorry Ross, Freudian Slip.) you may have guessed the outcome of one fight correctly, for which I have given you continuous credit, but please, please don't try to talk about betting, because you know absolutely Jack Shit about it!
    Still , look on the bright side, now he's best Wlad, the odds have changed on him v Haye and he's slight favourite now. Mind you, Haye hasn't fought for 3 years! No Doubt, if Haye beats De Mori, he will be favourite again!! 😂😂

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I'm now interested in the HW division again, for the first time in over a decade..... I'm looking forward to this fight.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/10/...evised-in-u-s/

I just wonder how many of the fights they'll televise over here...... have a feeling it would just be the headliner.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Was driving up to my folks' house tonight with the radio on, and Mike Costello was saying that it will be on Five Live. The fact that they only talked about Joshua/Whyte though made me think it will only be one or two fights that will be on there, which was fine for me last week, but with so many good ones I'd not like to miss them.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Was driving up to my folks' house tonight with the radio on, and Mike Costello was saying that it will be on Five Live. The fact that they only talked about Joshua/Whyte though made me think it will only be one or two fights that will be on there, which was fine for me last week, but with so many good ones I'd not like to miss them.
    Yes they probably will only broadcast the main event. It is wrong they ppv these fights when you have a subscription already. These fights should be on normal sky sports channel.

They can hype the fight up all they want it is just another Lennox lewis v Gary Mason domestic level fight at best.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury 5/4 Joshua 8/13

If you noticed Ross we were stand out on Wlad for the fight with Fury so we rarely get it wrong. I cant see Wlad fighting as badly as he did in the rematch. Has to be more aggressive. As I mentioned before I dont think Fury boxed particularly well against Wlad. He did ok at spells but I think he will struggle if he fights like that against an aggressive fighter like Joshua.

Thread Information