Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Some help needed (videos)

hi all, this is my first post, so ive been training myself for like the past year on and off due to having a couple operations etc,
    anyways as you can see im overweight and always have been, and find it VERY hard to lose weight and am having major trouble
    getting rid of the fat. Also ive seemed to develop a sleeping problem where sometimes i only get like 2 hours a night, Which is
    seriously effecting my energy levels. So my problem is, i really want to join a boxing gym and compete, but i wanted to lose my f
    at and get my stamina up first so i can keep up with the workout, but this is becoming very difficult. So my questions are...

1. Does anyone have any advise on sleeping problems? (ive been to the docert but they didnt seem to care)
    2. Whats the best workouts to do to increase stamina, and anything i can do to boost my energy?
    3. As ive not had any training yet, apart from this online stuff, hows my technique and what can i do to improve. Ive just started doing abit sparring with
    a friend ov mine who is a karate blackbelt, so its not really ideal, but better than nothing.

thanks for any replys.

Shadowboxing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARtkU...e=user&search=
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RHs8...e=user&search=

Heavybag
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2jLm...e=user&search=
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNLhP...e=user&search=
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au7gd...e=user&search=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some help needed (videos)

for more stamina i recommend running intervals, and doing burpees, check out rossboxing for more help though.

you do look like you have a lot of power, but when your shadowboxing make sure your not to squared on and get full extension on your punches.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sleep is a habit.
    If you break the habit of what time your retiring to bed it is a good start.
    Go to bed early, eat heavy first thing in the morning not so heavy during the day so your work or training works it off and your body isnt doing it while you try to sleep.
    Eat very light before retiriing that helps drop weight and helps sleep.
    Cut down on coffee and tea etc.
    Try decaf towards the latter end of the day if you have to have it.
    Try a bath with epson salts in it before bed.
    Try rubbing a small amount of lavender oil onto your temples.
    Dont put ya fingers near ya eyes :-)
    Try laying in bed and tensing up your toes and relaxing them ,then go up your body piece by piece until you have tensed then fully relaxed each section.
    You can go from the top of your head to your face to your ears to your neck,shoulders ,arms fingers,chest upper back ,mid , lower ,hips upper legs ,lower etc etc or reverse way around or both.
    To really relax you have to experience the reverse first.
    You have to give your self the gift of time for your self in order to relax.
    People who feel that they are ran by life have sleep and relax probs.
    people who feel that they run their own time find peace in their own time.
    Try to simply watch your thoughts go through your mind like clouds passing through instead of gettting emotionally tied into them.this will eventually free you from the ones that keep you thinking and awake. IT will also eventually make you realize that you are not what you think,you are seperate and observing what you think until you get emotionally attached.

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok stone here i go

first i want to say, dont wait, go to the gym now, its the best way to get in shape, u may look and feel weak at first cuz u cant keep up but in a months or 2 at the gym will fix it, i used to want to get in shape before i hit the gym until i found out its takin forever and how foolish it sounds, and i felt horrible first but it pays off, go to the gym

now ur big guy (no not fat), so u need to put ur body into ur punches so u can really hurt someone, i see ur not pivotin on ur left hook or right hand, u gotta put ur hip in it and put ur body behind it, ur jus throwin it out, like u would a jab

also ur 2 squared up, get sideways a lil moer be at more of an angle, that way the target is smaller

and u tend to pop ur chin up sometimes and drop ur hands below ur chin, weld ur hands to the side of ur cheeks and keep em there and bring them back there after every punch (thas best for the type of style i see in u)

one more thing ur not fully extendin, roll ur shoulders wen u punch

and thas bout it,

it sounds like alot of mistakes but almost eveeryone makes them so ur alright , u do sumtin most people neverdo and thas good head movemnt, i suggest u watch some tyson fights cuz i see thas wat ur goin for

last thing

GO OT THE GYM ASAP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    Sleep is a habit.
    If you break the habit of what time your retiring to bed it is a good start.
    Go to bed early, eat heavy first thing in the morning not so heavy during the day so your work or training works it off and your body isnt doing it while you try to sleep.
    Eat very light before retiriing that helps drop weight and helps sleep.
    Cut down on coffee and tea etc.
    Try decaf towards the latter end of the day if you have to have it.
    Try a bath with epson salts in it before bed.
    Try rubbing a small amount of lavender oil onto your temples.
    Dont put ya fingers near ya eyes :-)
    Try laying in bed and tensing up your toes and relaxing them ,then go up your body piece by piece until you have tensed then fully relaxed each section.
    You can go from the top of your head to your face to your ears to your neck,shoulders ,arms fingers,chest upper back ,mid , lower ,hips upper legs ,lower etc etc or reverse way around or both.
    To really relax you have to experience the reverse first.
    You have to give your self the gift of time for your self in order to relax.
    Try to simply watch your thoughts go through your mind like clouds passing through instead of gettting emotionally tied into them.this will eventually free you from the ones that keep you thinking and awake. IT will also eventually make you realize that you are not what you think,you are seperate and observing what you think until you get emotionally attached.

I like the espon salt bath.. i add a bit of sperment oil to it, refreshes the puss ! Good stuff mate . CC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never took an espon salt bath. Would you mind telling me what it's good for? Why add salt to your bath anyways?
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It really relaxes you mate,dont know how but it does when your bones ache or when you got the flu.
    ITs the cheapest thing too you can get it in a plastic bag from the supermarket shelves.
    I think it softens the water for a start,not sure if it soaks through easier becuase of that but its nice and its the right price.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not bad, your problem is physical your right hip youve got problems with and its affecting your shoulders and there movement get it sorted and you will improve the biomechanics of what youre trying to achieve
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hi guys, thanks for all the replies and help. Well anyways after only gettin about 2 hours sleep, i had to take the day off, and as soon
    as i had done that, i fell asleep with no problems. So basically when i no i have to be up for work i cant sleep. Like Andre said...
    Which is hard to do in the day and age. So im going to have to look for some other kind of work, mabye nightshifts i dunno. Anyways i tried to workout today, but it was all half arsed because lack of energy, but i did manage to make a couple new clips, consentrating on what you guys said so here they are.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Q-Yo4xCyE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOuGyXoPGDg

P.s Scrap, im not sure what you mean about my right hip, do i not twist it enuff??

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tystone I mean your hips are out of line, and its affecting your shoulder movement.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Tystone I mean your hips are out of line, and its affecting your shoulder movement.
    Actually noticed that within seconds,Scraps totally right here,your lead foot is totally wrong and its screwing your hips

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can you tell him how to fix it?
    We are all holding our breath here, its uncomfortable.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id have to see how bad they are,it looks about 4%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey scrap, im still not quite sure what you mean "out of line"?? do you mean out of line with my shoulders??
    I have quite abit of fat around my ass, lower back and love handle area so that might make it look worse i dunno.

Trainer Monkey, whats wrong with my front foot, where should it be
    Thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You consistently had your front foot back,and cocked so your taking away your center of balance.In other words your upper body is going past where your center of balance should be.You get caught with a punch in that position your going down

Thread Information