Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Golovkin/Lemeiux build up- Being handled properly!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin/Lemeiux build up- Being handled properly!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Golovkin's chin has well and truly past the test. Funker has never been decked in 400 fights.

If you get knocked out by a fighter like Lemeiux it's not really because you're chinny it's because he's a sicko puncher. If he catches you right he could chin anyone. Just like the sicko middleweight punchers from back in the day - Jackson, Hearns, G-Man, Benn etc.
    Can't subscribe! If you get caught with a perfect shot by any decent fighter you can get chinned, and obviously GGG has fought guys with enough power and delivery, in the ams and pros. Lemieux definitely has a great punch, but I don't see him as a guy who hides his shots very well or has a lot of variety. N'dam got caught with absolutely everything Lemiuex could have hit him with and he IS chinny, yet imo he still came on stronger and won the 12th round of their fight doing some damage of his own. On the flip side.... Lemieux is not a great boxer, doesn't have a great chin, and has been stopped before by a guy who was fodder for GGG. Don't buy that he's that improved nearly enough to make this interesting myself.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tried but cannot get hyped for this as PPV but two potential quick shoot out fights..aka early tkos. It'll depend on how long the work day went because they will replay it in a week. We're caught in extremes some weekends, decent competing cards like last Saturday and you miss out or you have to pay for the only action available King Kong Ortiz on the undercard being handed a wba heavyweight trinket. Lemeiux is a legit puncher but he'll be broken down and busted up in the wheelhouse of Golovkin midway.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Golovkin's chin has well and truly past the test. Funker has never been decked in 400 fights.

If you get knocked out by a fighter like Lemeiux it's not really because you're chinny it's because he's a sicko puncher. If he catches you right he could chin anyone. Just like the sicko middleweight punchers from back in the day - Jackson, Hearns, G-Man, Benn etc.
    Can't subscribe! If you get caught with a perfect shot by any decent fighter you can get chinned, and obviously GGG has fought guys with enough power and delivery, in the ams and pros. Lemieux definitely has a great punch, but I don't see him as a guy who hides his shots very well or has a lot of variety. N'dam got caught with absolutely everything Lemiuex could have hit him with and he IS chinny, yet imo he still came on stronger and won the 12th round of their fight doing some damage of his own. On the flip side.... Lemieux is not a great boxer, doesn't have a great chin, and has been stopped before by a guy who was fodder for GGG. Don't buy that he's that improved nearly enough to make this interesting myself.
    Not sure i'd call N'dam chinny. Yeah he's been floored a million times but he always gets up.

Regardless, I think Lemieux has improved and think he has a punchers chance. Do I think he will win? No.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Tried but cannot get hyped for this as PPV but two potential quick shoot out fights..aka early tkos. It'll depend on how long the work day went because they will replay it in a week. We're caught in extremes some weekends, decent competing cards like last Saturday and you miss out or you have to pay for the only action available King Kong Ortiz on the undercard being handed a wba heavyweight trinket. Lemeiux is a legit puncher but he'll be broken down and busted up in the wheelhouse of Golovkin midway.
    I have to agree with @Spicoli once again (it's shameful). Both are good, solid fights, and I'd watch them in a heart beat if they were on regular HBO. I'm not sure I can stomach forking over $60 to watch GGG and Chocolatito dominate. On the flip side of the coin, the card is pretty stacked from top to bottom, with Tureano Johnson versus O'Kane and a heavyweight fight that I'm blanking on now. As I think about it, the GGG vs. Lemieux fight is between two guys with top ten KO percentages in all of boxing, and I think when Viloria is on his game, he's a tough outing for anyone. If Choco runs through him, he's probably as special as we think he is. Damn it! I'm getting tempted to buy it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These are silly between respectful bods but whatever. I'd love to see Max sitting between Dillian Whyte and AJ. 30 seconds in he wouldn't be able to get his lines out. Bum gone.

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information