0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WBC heavyweight title now vacant

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J_C View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Tyson Fury has a point, only himself, Stiverne and Arreola have fought WBC eliminators recently, so only they should be eligible to fight for the title.
    That'll go down as forum shocker. You think Fury has a point? I didn't see that coming!

#1 should fight #2 for the belt unless one of them is unavailable and in this case it goes to #3 to replace the one that is unavailable. Right now, Stiverne is #1, Arreola is #2 and Wilder is #3. Fury is ranked #8, behind Chisora who is #6

World Boxing Council
    #1 already fought #2 about 6 months ago and beat him easily, that would be a pointless fight. The fight really didn't warrant a rematch.

Fury is the guy that deserves it on resume (compared to the others). Hes beaten 2 former WBC title challengers (Chisora, Kevin Johnson) afterall, whilst Wilder has fought no one and Perez has never contested a 12 rounder.
    Exactly, theres some right dick heads in here

Fury is mentioning about the possibility of getting Stiverne over to Manchester for the title. Its getting interesting!
    Are you referring to yourself?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury has a point, only himself, Stiverne and Arreola have fought WBC eliminators recently, so only they should be eligible to fight for the title.
    That'll go down as forum shocker. You think Fury has a point? I didn't see that coming!

#1 should fight #2 for the belt unless one of them is unavailable and in this case it goes to #3 to replace the one that is unavailable. Right now, Stiverne is #1, Arreola is #2 and Wilder is #3. Fury is ranked #8, behind Chisora who is #6

World Boxing Council
    #1 already fought #2 about 6 months ago and beat him easily, that would be a pointless fight. The fight really didn't warrant a rematch.

Fury is the guy that deserves it on resume (compared to the others). Hes beaten 2 former WBC title challengers (Chisora, Kevin Johnson) afterall, whilst Wilder has fought no one and Perez has never contested a 12 rounder.
    You misunderstand. I wasn't saying that is what I think should happen, I was saying that is what should happen as per WBC rules. I agree it would be pointless, but when there is a vacant title up for grabs, #1 fights #2.

However, saying that, you view that Fury beat 2 former WBC Title challengers can only be taken into account for Johnson, since Chisora hadn't challenged for the title when Fury beat him. Wilder beat former WBO Champion Sergey Liakovich and for WBA World Title Challenger Audley Harrison. Do they make him warrant a title shot?
    Yes absolutely because thats how you get a WBC ranking, by beating WBO and WBA fighters

Even the WBC would see the Stiverne Arreola rematch as pointless. It will be Stiverne v Fury, so look forward to welcoming Tyson Fury as THE NEW WBC heavyweight champ of the world.

OMG! Imagine if then there is a unification with Wlad and Fury wins that! He will be the first u disputed heavyweight Champ simce Lewis and instantly trumps Wlads boring career

You will all have a nervous breakdown

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes absolutely because thats how you get a WBC ranking, by beating WBO and WBA fighters

Even the WBC would see the Stiverne Arreola rematch as pointless. It will be Stiverne v Fury, so look forward to welcoming Tyson Fury as THE NEW WBC heavyweight champ of the world.

OMG! Imagine if then there is a unification with Wlad and Fury wins that! He will be the first u disputed heavyweight Champ simce Lewis and instantly trumps Wlads boring career

You're attempting to be smart, but clearly it has some bearing, as Wilder is ranked #3 and Fury is ranked #8.

I agree that the WBC may see the Stiverne vs. Arreola rematch as pointless, but while Fury is ranked #8, it is highly unlikely he'll get the shot. Golden Boy are already pursuing Wilder vs. Stiverne for the title.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're attempting to be smart, but clearly it has some bearing, as Wilder is ranked #3 and Fury is ranked #8.

I agree that the WBC may see the Stiverne vs. Arreola rematch as pointless, but while Fury is ranked #8, it is highly unlikely he'll get the shot. Golden Boy are already pursuing Wilder vs. Stiverne for the title.
    They might make a few noises but I seriously cant see them wanting to risk their investment that is still yet to be tested. He hasnt even gone past 4 yet has he? Unless its shit or bust time now.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They might make a few noises but I seriously cant see them wanting to risk their investment that is still yet to be tested. He hasnt even gone past 4 yet has he? Unless its shit or bust time now.
    Maybe it is. Maybe they're confident in his power stopping Stiverne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You misunderstand. I wasn't saying that is what I think should happen, I was saying that is what should happen as per WBC rules. I agree it would be pointless, but when there is a vacant title up for grabs, #1 fights #2.

However, saying that, you view that Fury beat 2 former WBC Title challengers can only be taken into account for Johnson, since Chisora hadn't challenged for the title when Fury beat him. Wilder beat former WBO Champion Sergey Liakovich and for WBA World Title Challenger Audley Harrison. Do they make him warrant a title shot?
    Certainly not. But I am surprised you think a couple of really over the hill guys getting KOd all over the place are a valid comparison to the guys Fury faced like Chisora, Johnson and Cunningham.

Stiverne v Fury, its the fight imo. Who is more deserving than Fury (other than Stiverne)?

Pulev is the only other guy I can see. But he isn't ranked in that top 10 with the WBC for some reason
    Last edited by J_C; 12-18-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Certainly not. But I am surprised you think a couple of really over the hill guys getting KOd all over the place are a valid comparison to the guys Fury faced like Chisora, Johnson and Cunningham.

Stiverne v Fury, its the fight imo. Who is more deserving than Fury (other than Stiverne)?

Pulev is the only other guy I can see. But he isn't ranked in that top 10 with the WBC for some reason
    Johnson is a punching bag that moves. He doesn't try. Cunningham was a 37 year old guy who'd lost 3 of his last 4, and when Fury beat Chisora he beat a guy well out of shape that wasn't taking boxing seriously. I used to hate Chisora because he thought he could win without even trying to get in shape. It is only recently he has started to get his act together. You can pick holes in Fury just like you can Wilder. Both have been protected and carefully moved up the rankings and until they make a serious move, I won't buy into the hype of either.

On paper, Robert Helenius & Tomasz Adamek have better record than Fury. I agree with Pulev and Stiverne being the most deserving.

While you may not want to see a Stiverne-Arreola rematch, my point is that the fact they're rated #1 & #2 means it will likely be ordered unless Golden Boy wave the cash at the WBC. Unfortunately for Fury he has Mick Hennessy promoting him and Hennessy couldn't sell shit to flies so I honestly don't see Fury getting the shot.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On sky sports news Wlad has said that he wants the WBC belt and he intends on being the first unified champion in over a decade. Fair play to him!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Johnson is a punching bag that moves. He doesn't try. Cunningham was a 37 year old guy who'd lost 3 of his last 4, and when Fury beat Chisora he beat a guy well out of shape that wasn't taking boxing seriously. I used to hate Chisora because he thought he could win without even trying to get in shape. It is only recently he has started to get his act together. You can pick holes in Fury just like you can Wilder. Both have been protected and carefully moved up the rankings and until they make a serious move, I won't buy into the hype of either.

On paper, Robert Helenius & Tomasz Adamek have better record than Fury. I agree with Pulev and Stiverne being the most deserving.

While you may not want to see a Stiverne-Arreola rematch, my point is that the fact they're rated #1 & #2 means it will likely be ordered unless Golden Boy wave the cash at the WBC. Unfortunately for Fury he has Mick Hennessy promoting him and Hennessy couldn't sell shit to flies so I honestly don't see Fury getting the shot.
    That bit in bold is true enough! Im not sure a shopping centre could accommodate a world title fight!

I have to pick you up on Adamek and Helenius though. Did you see the Adamek/Cunningham fight? Adamek got a bit of a gift. Which is why I think Furys win over Cunningham holds weight. The same also goes for Helenius. Chisora beat him hands down, that was one of the worst robberies ive ever seen. And Fury beat Chisora. Fury wasn't exactly in the best shape either back then. Im aware you said 'on paper' but as boxing fans we know the score right?
    Last edited by J_C; 12-19-2013 at 04:54 AM.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw that myself, at least he's got something to aim for again, it's going to be interesting how this is all going to play out

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Colinc View Post
    I saw that myself, at least he's got something to aim for again, it's going to be interesting how this is all going to play out
    Wlad will soundly beat Lepai in a first easy defence of 2014, then he will UD Pulev in a snoozefest... Probably similar style to the Povetkin win. Then by this time somebody would have won the WBC belt and this will probably be Stiverne and then Wlad will close the year with another routine victory against him and be the undisputed heavyweight champion. Easy as hell for him...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Arreola's Promoter Focused on Vacant WBC Title - Boxing News

Arreloa sees him getting a shot straight away, but Stiverne wants to fight wilder for the vacant belt, but apparently Stiverne is having troubles with Don king that's going to keep him out of the ring. So I don't know what's happening there.

Tyson fury posted on twitter that's he's trying to get Stiverne to come to
    Manchester and fight for the vacant belt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury needs a warm up fight first, I fear for him if his next fight is against a puncher because he'll have some ring rust. As for a title shot not a chance untill he's a mandatory with Mick promoting him.
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bo-Bo24 View Post
    Fury needs a warm up fight first, I fear for him if his next fight is against a puncher because he'll have some ring rust. As for a title shot not a chance untill he's a mandatory with Mick promoting him.
    I know what your getting at with the ring rust. Although I do think he needs someone who will bring a bit of respect and discipline out of Fury. Against Cunningham Fury saw a smaller man that he thought couldnt hurt him. Hes learnt a valuable lesson but unlike other fighters who had to learn from losses he fought his way back to a very good win, a legit, early KO.

I think Arreola would be ideal for Fury but there is a recent interview with his trainer that leads me to believe they wouldnt fancy the fight.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B0cg5Gc3srg
    Last edited by ross; 12-19-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Thread Information