Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wladi Dadi, We Likes to Party

My virgin post....

Here's my take on Wladimir Klitschko's place in the current heavyweight division:

http://bettersports.blogspot.com/200...-champion.html

Shannon Briggs holding a belt. It HAS gotten ugly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladi Dadi, We Likes to Party

hey, ncie post, i totaly agree, wlad is the man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah, you never forget your first time....

Glad you liked it Ethan. As the pics attest, at least he's never dull. It helps to have Emmanuel Steward on your side, too. I'm waiting to see how long it takes conventional wisdom to catch up to the idea that he may have learned to cope with big punchers...

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love this thread title

Welcome to the forum, Testudo
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome aboard. That was a good read.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome to the forum. Im sure you'll be welll redcieved with good posts like that. All the guys and "girls" here (...wacko3205 wears a dress on tuesdays and thursdays) here are quite nice and respectful of others and their opinions. BUT, I however, am an assh0le, and think Wladi is probably the most over-hyped boxer in the history of the sport. Everyone seems so quick do dismiss his many short comings. His chin is more vulnerable than a crystal champagne glass filled with liquid nitrogen at a drunken hammer and anvil festival. He stays indoor during fall and winter lest an errant falling leaf or wispy snowflake should brush against his "chin" rendering him unconcious,shattering his career and the false hopes and vascuous dreams of Klitsch brown nosers like yourself. don't feel bad.....you've got lots of company here at Saddo!

P.S. hope this reply stirs 'ya up enough to make this place just a "bit" more interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Testudo
    My virgin post....

Here's my take on Wladimir Klitschko's place in the current heavyweight division:

We need more people who can see things clearly.Welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My virgin post....

Haha, nice article man. Even nicer was your Snoop dogg reference in the title. Have a cool click

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome to the forum Testudo. Nice artice. CC

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

- Nice first post buddy.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nice first post, keep it up Testudo!
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by landmine950
    Welcome to the forum. Im sure you'll be welll redcieved with good posts like that. All the guys and "girls" here (...wacko3205 wears a dress on tuesdays and thursdays) here are quite nice and respectful of others and their opinions. BUT, I however, am an assh0le, and think Wladi is probably the most over-hyped boxer in the history of the sport. Everyone seems so quick do dismiss his many short comings. His chin is more vulnerable than a crystal champagne glass filled with liquid nitrogen at a drunken hammer and anvil festival. He stays indoor during fall and winter lest an errant falling leaf or wispy snowflake should brush against his "chin" rendering him unconcious,shattering his career and the false hopes and vascuous dreams of Klitsch brown nosers like yourself. don't feel bad.....you've got lots of company here at Saddo!

P.S. hope this reply stirs 'ya up enough to make this place just a "bit" more interesting.
    Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't get more of this here, right down to the 3rd grade reading level playground chatter. You mention Wlad's "many short comings", then name only 1. The others? But I do think you are right ... in 2003. HBO certainly did build him up even after he'd been shown up by Ross Purritty and without him ever being really tested. But things change. I'll be waiting to see Wlad knocked out again sometime soon -- 'cause you said so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good article...but I don't think Emanuel improved SH's ability to take a punch just his ability to try to avoid taking one
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Liked the article and this quote especially
    "If he makes it to a decision, then he wins it."
    Hes nothing too amazing and at a time when the division was more competitive he might not have been number one but hes currently the best around and thats all anyone can really hope to be.
    Anyway a good read and worthy of my first welcome to the forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by landmine950
    Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll be well received with good posts like that. All the guys and "girls" here (...wacko3205 wears a dress on Tuesdays and Thursdays) here are quite nice and respectful of others and their opinions. BUT, I however, am an assh0le, and think Wladi is probably the most over-hyped boxer in the history of the sport. Everyone seems so quick do dismiss his many short comings. His chin is more vulnerable than a crystal champagne glass filled with liquid nitrogen at a drunken hammer and anvil festival. He stays indoor during fall and winter lest an errant falling leaf or wispy snowflake should brush against his "chin" rendering him unconscious,shattering his career and the false hopes and vascuous dreams of Klitsch brown nosers like yourself. don't feel bad.....you've got lots of company here at Saddo!

Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't get more of this here, right down to the 3rd grade reading level playground chatter. You mention Wlad's "many short comings", then name only 1. The others? But I do think you are right ... in 2003. HBO certainly did build him up even after he'd been shown up by Ross Purritty and without him ever being really tested. But things change. I'll be waiting to see Wlad knocked out again sometime soon -- 'cause you said so.
    Please refrain from disrespecting grade three. Those were the best 4 years of my life. I did not, however, learn the words vacuous, vulnerable or errant, nor about the loss of the ductility of glass at low temperature there but at the University of Alberta where I garnered a degree in Engineering (Bsc P. Eng.) and subsequent membership in the International Society of Petroleum Engineers.

I don't mean to be overly critical of any athlete, just to provide a sense of balance to what are, in my opinion, overly biased opinions.

If I may... I assume the article you presented was written by you?

You stated..
    The Heavyweight Champion of the World used to be a public figure on par with the president. ..... who's the man?
    I submit that it is Wladimir Klitschko

Are you saying that Wladimir Klitschko should be held in the same regard, respect and esteem as the leader of the greatest nation in the Free World? Really?
    Nice how you took the crown held jointly by 4 belt holders and placed it on the head of one of them.
    How easily you have dismissed the 3 other current belt holders none of whom Wlad has faced, never mind defeated.
    Valuev who is undefeated, Briggs who has less KO losses and the same # of KO wins as Wlad against better opposition, and Maskaev who has shown real KO power (Wlad's weakness) against Rahman.

With regards to his other shortcomings:

1) Weak self confidence.
    2) The chin obviously but the chin is a result of
    3) Poor defense,...that is,he allows himself to be, or at least, can be, hit cleanly by sub-par fighters. Its not that he got KO'd its who he was KO'd by! Purity who was 24-13, Sanders ,who had never fought for, never mind held a major belt. And Brewster who had fought nobody. You said 2003. Peter was in late 2005, and the unskilled raw puncher landed massive punches at least 3 times. You said He doesn't need to be a great defensive fighter. With the ability to outlast the headhunters, he should be able to consolidate the belts and have a lasting reign. I disagree.
    4) An unimpressive record. You said "He has been... gaining experience at a very high level" people like to criticize Valuev's record.But look at Wlads! Who's on it? He even takes 1/2 a step up and he gets whacked out!
    Squeaked by Peter (again the defense issue). Toney went 24 rounds and NEVER GOT HIT with a legitimate legal blow by Peter! How did he gain the Title? He beat Byrd who weighed 213 lbs. Did you previously consider Byrd so great during his 4 year undefeated IBF reign?
    5) Robotic Style. You mention his Athleticism. I don't see it. Yes he is well conditioned but he possesses none of the natural skill or ability of a Byrd or James Toney. He is very limited in what he can do,and can't adapt. In other words.."slick" or versatile he ain't.
    6) Conditioning. (your quote)

I'm not saying he's not good or even that I don't like him. I like the style personally, It's logical for a big tall guy. But when I read things you say like
    "he is among the best [size=22pt]ever
    "[/size]
    I really must respond. 1 out of 10 I'm certainly in the minority
    He's a ways away from earning the title you have placed on him and an
    even longer way from building a legacy. And with the state of the HW division he will have a hard time doing it.
    It will require:
    1)Unifying the titkes with decisive wins over the other belt holders.
    2)Retiring the vets
    3) A string of victories by Valuev to gain world wide interest, followed bya trilogy with the Giant ala Ali/frazier, Holyfield/Bowe may be his only hope of a lasting legacy of true "all time" greatness.

Hope you enjoy the response.

Or,if you prefer I could just leave all you Klitsch "bitches" to have a pat-on the back "your so right he's the greatest" sausage party.

Thread Information