Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone is forgetting Marquez v Juarez this wekend too!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Everyone is forgetting Marquez v Juarez this wekend too!!!

No-one care for this fight? To be honest,if I were not such a big JMM fan,I would not care either! Honorio v Guerrero could be a good fight too>?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Everyone is fogetting Marquez v Juarez this wekend too!!!

I didn't forget and to be honest I was getting ready to make a thread about it. You're too quick for me
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did a search last night when I created the Chambers vs. Brock thread to see if their was a thread already made but I fell asleep and never got around to making it.

Good thing you did...

I care about JMM. I think Juarez is gonna start off well that'll be due to the fact that JMM is somewhat a slow starter.
    Juarez IMO is gonna fight a come forward fight and will probably try to impose himself on JMM.
    Cause I sure as hell hope Juarez is not thinking about out boxing JMM....

Should be a good fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juarez has gotta know that this is his last big shot - actually not sure why I said that considering he seems to be one of those guys that gets shot after shot after shot.

Allright forget that, lets just say hypothetically Juarez knows this is his last shot, it would really be dissapointing if he just plodded around and threw one punch at a time every forty five seconds or so. Not saying he should turn into Juan Diaz but he's gotta be more active.

I'm semi interested in Guerrero-Honorio, just don't like Guerrero, always root against him.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Juarez has gotta know that this is his last big shot - actually not sure why I said that considering he seems to be one of those guys that gets shot after shot after shot.

Allright forget that, lets just say hypothetically Juarez knows this is his last shot, it would really be dissapointing if he just plodded around and threw one punch at a time every forty five seconds or so. Not saying he should turn into Juan Diaz but he's gotta be more active.

I'm semi interested in Guerrero-Honorio, just don't like Guerrero, always root against him.
    Ouma you and I are on the same boat.
    I originally predicted a Honorio win in a thread weeks back but for the sake on the Prediction League I went Guerrero UD.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez: Juarez is small fry compared to Calzaghe: Kessler really.

Juarez has shown how he can be beat. A number of times! Marquez will probably do the same.

It holds little interest to me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

Ouma you and I are on the same boat.
    I originally predicted a Honorio win in a thread weeks back but for the sake on the Prediction League I went Guerrero UD.
    Yeah I went with Guerrero too even though I didn't want too. I just haven't seen that much of Honorio to be honest. I know he beat Luevano, didn't see it though. Couple other guys too but I think I've only seen him once and I don't remember too much about him. Seems solid enough but gotta go with Guerrero.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think people forgot but with that other minor fight this weekend....I wish rocky luck, i like most will be stuck at home not getting anything done this weekend. Brock tonight...joe and kessler tommorow, along with this fight, basketball, the pats vs colts. Man i'm glad i have a wife that loves sports or i'd be in trouble.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad there is some interest. All boxing=good boxing(for me anyway!).

I honestly have a strong disliking of Juarez. For such an accomplished amatuer,he is a poor poor fighter. He is with Ronny Shields now so maybe he will let his hands go more but I would be HUGELY dissappoiinted if JMM lost. JMM does NOT need to come forward as he has been doing in his last few fights. He just needs to counter and he'll win easy. If he comes froward,he risks getting hit with Rockys only decent punch at all imo,that big left hook.

I was about to choose Honorio too,because I don't rate Guerrero at all if I'm honest. Honorio also has beaten another southpaw in Luevano so I don't know. It'll be a good fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for assuring me that I wasn't hallucinating about this fight, El Gamo... As good as he may be, I thinks Juarez doesn't have got much chance here. It just a matther of match-up and imo his style perfectly suits that of Marquez'. Who knows, he might surprise us though, but ... naw, most likely not.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc CutMeMick..... you've always been a good guy, thanks for saying happy b-day too.

haha, enough of that though... we gotta great fight weekend guys!

Juarez IMO is gonna fight a come forward fight and will probably try to impose himself on JMM.
    Apparently your not keeping up with Current Events!

The last time I seen Juarez impose himself on another fighter......
    sheesh... I don't even think I was a member of Saddo's yet.

I'm watching this fight ONLY for JMM.

I don't care for his "opponent" anymore, because that's how he fights...
    like an "opponent" and not a true challenger.

Hope JMM can help secure a promising matchup with The Destroyah Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    cc CutMeMick..... you've always been a good guy, thanks for saying happy b-day too.

cc#373 Gyrokai...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Everyone is forgetting Marquez v Juarez this wekend too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by penalosafan
    Thanks for assuring me that I wasn't hallucinating about this fight, El Gamo... As good as he may be, I thinks Juarez doesn't have got much chance here. It just a matther of match-up and imo his style perfectly suits that of Marquez'. Who knows, he might surprise us though, but ... naw, most likely not.
    No worries man. Juarez is not that good. He may land a big punch but even if he does,I don't think he has what it takes to KTFO JMM with 1 punch. I'd really like to see Juarez get whooped.

He is the Judah of the lower weights. So much potential and promise,a big mouth at times and so little delivered. Oh yeah,and lots of undeserving title shots.Bastard! When is Soto,who beat his ass,getting a title shot"!!! Juarez has had 3 now!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai

A big, big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you. Hope you enjoy that fight... and 'hope Marquez beat the heck out of Pacman some day' - but that's just for your birthday though. Haha.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Everyone is forgetting Marquez v Juarez this wekend too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Quote Originally Posted by penalosafan
    No worries man. Juarez is not that good. He may land a big punch but even if he does,I don't think he has what it takes to KTFO JMM with 1 punch. I'd really like to see Juarez get whooped.

He is the Judah of the lower weights. So much potential and promise,a big mouth at times and so little delivered. Oh yeah,and lots of undeserving title shots.B******! When is Soto,who beat his a**,getting a title shot"!!! Juarez has had 3 now!
    Don't worry El Gamo, you'll get your wish. I doubt Juarez, who's shorter right?, can reach Marquez. He hardly touched Barrera in the rematch.

Thread Information