Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Floyd vs berto is ppv thoughts ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd vs berto is ppv thoughts ?

What if Berto knocks Floyd down and it becomes an exciting fight where Floyd has to dig deep just to survive?

Win or lose? Will it still be a shit fight?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    What if Berto knocks Floyd down and it becomes an exciting fight where Floyd has to dig deep just to survive?

What if I grow wings today? Would u consider me an angel?

More relevant question would be: "What if the fight goes exactly as all other Floyd fights go and is a clinic on defense and ring generalship with little to no excitement? Would u feel like a jack ass for wasting ur money again?" Hint: answer should be "yes".

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post

More relevant question would be: "What if the fight goes exactly as all other Floyd fights go and is a clinic on defense and ring generalship with little to no excitement? Would u feel like a jack ass for wasting ur money again?" Hint: answer should be "yes".
    You're such a hater, you aren't even willing to admit that a good fight could happen.

Even if Floyd gets knocked down once or twice. Even if he loses.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're such a hater, you aren't even willing to admit that a good fight could happen.

Am I REALLY a hater? Is that REALLY ur comeback/counterpoint? I'm saying that Floyd is so superior to Berto that it is a foregone conclusion that Floyd will easily dominate and u r saying I'm a HATER?!?!? Have u been eating retard sandwiches again?

The odds of this being a great or ppv worthy fight are the same as me growing wings today. The odds that it will be a boring, dominant and wide UD are close to the odds that the sun will come up tomorrow. Waste ur money if u want to, but just admit that u love the guy and don't care what he is doing in the ring, just seeing him and his slick defense is enough to excite u and worth ur $70.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I REALLY a hater? Is that REALLY ur comeback/counterpoint? I'm saying that Floyd is so superior to Berto that it is a foregone conclusion that Floyd will easily dominate and u r saying I'm a HATER?!?!? Have u been eating retard sandwiches again?

The odds of this being a great or ppv worthy fight are the same as me growing wings today. The odds that it will be a boring, dominant and wide UD are close to the odds that the sun will come up tomorrow. Waste ur money if u want to, but just admit that u love the guy and don't care what he is doing in the ring, just seeing him and his slick defense is enough to excite u and worth ur $70.
    Statistically there is a far greater chance of Berto knocking Floyd down than there is a chance of you growing wings.

You are clearly a moron if you believe otherwise.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It could be a good fight, even a tough fight for Floyd.

People laughed when he decided to fight Maidana, but Marcos ended up giving him the toughest fight he had since Castillo - and incidentally, a much tougher fight than Pac gave him.

Berto is fast, explosive, and has a great right uppercut (Floyd's not one to lean in or overcommit himself so who knows how Berto is going to land that, though).

But I can name about 10 guys I'd rather see Floyd in there against.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's getting real dim in here, you're one bulb that's all but gone!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Statistically there is a far greater chance of Berto knocking Floyd down than there is a chance of you growing wings.

You are clearly a moron if you believe otherwise.
    Wow. That was what u chose to comment on? Really? Ur that much in denial and that much of a chugger that u focused on THAT Here we go Rocco, broken down Barney style for slow people like yourself: Floyd is an ATG fighter who is taking on a guy three or four levels below him who has had numerous injuries and multiple losses in his recent fights. Floyd earned the right to fight an easy one by beating his perceived biggest threat in Pac, but this mismatch for $70 and a host of equally boring/meaningless fights to endure is a gross rip off. U r dumb and live Floyd, so please feel free to throw ur money away and into his pocket. For all the rational fans out there, I hope u value ur money more than that and don't waste it, only to find urself bored to tears by the eight round and a knot in ur stomach from buyers remorse. Basically, don't be a Rocco, use ur brain and have some self respect.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But... all I want is a serious answer to the question....

What if Berto knocks Floyd down once or twice and it becomes an exciting fight where Floyd has to dig deep just to survive?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Use ur brain" -- @mikeeod

Hahaha!

But on a serious note... Beanflicker makes some good points in his last post.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just fail to see how this fight could be interesting in any way
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    It could be a good fight, even a tough fight for Floyd.

People laughed when he decided to fight Maidana, but Marcos ended up giving him the toughest fight he had since Castillo - and incidentally, a much tougher fight than Pac gave him.

Berto is fast, explosive, and has a great right uppercut (Floyd's not one to lean in or overcommit himself so who knows how Berto is going to land that, though).

But I can name about 10 guys I'd rather see Floyd in there against.
    Maidana was coming off the big win over Floyd's "little brother", the undefeated Adrian Broner, so I would say he earned that shot on PPV. He had also shown in the past the durability and awkward style that might trouble an older Floyd. Berto was beaten handily by Guerrero and Ortiz, and while he comes to fight he doesn't have the durability that Marcos does. Berto has torn his bicep and shoulder tendons in recent fights, suffered horrific swelling in fights and has much more wear and tear than Floyd. Berto hasn't done anything recently to earn this shot on PPV or prove that he has anything to trouble Floyd. Enjoyed reading ur post though, and can see ur point of view (even though I disagree with some of it).

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I just fail to see how this fight could be interesting in any way
    What if Berto knocks Floyd down once or twice and it becomes an exciting fight where Floyd has to dig deep just to survive?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will not be a great fight because it will show how far Floyd has fallen to struggle with a vulnerable Berto and would explain why he took on weak opposition in his penultimate fight.

It would make it an exciting fight which would be a first for Floyd for many many years.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It will not be a great fight because it will show how far Floyd has fallen to struggle with a vulnerable Berto and would explain why he took on weak opposition in his penultimate fight.

It would make it an exciting fight which would be a first for Floyd for many many years.

Berto isn't good enough to deserve a fight against Floyd, but if he beats him you'll be disappointed because Berto shouldn't be good enough to beat him?

Not sure I understand.

Thread Information