Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The moment of truth is soon to be upon us, fans & haters alike. Lacy returns.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The moment of truth is soon to be upon us, fans & haters alike. Lacy returns.

The moment of truth is soon to be upon us, fans & haters alike...

10-07-2006 Jeff Lacy returns against undefeated Allan Green.

Good to see that Lacy's still got heart by taking on someone of merit...the question is:

What will be the outcome?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The moment of truth is soon to be upon us, fans & haters alike. Lacy returns.

Lacy will chop him up....Green, is a little too Green...

And Lacy has been licking his wounds, could be brutal!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The moment of truth is soon to be upon us, fans & haters alike. Lacy returns

I really like Jeff Lacy. After getting the absolute shit kicked out of him for 12 rounds against Calzaghe, a brutal and no doubt humiliating first defeat he elects to come straight against one of the hottest super middleweight prospects out there.

Green can bang, 2005 Ring knockout of the year against unbeaten Jaidon Codrington testifies to that. He took just 18 seconds to leave his opponent lying unconscious on the ropes.

I know he was nearly caught out by McCrary but lets be honest, he took him way too lightly and got caught flush. Even then he composed himself and managed to survive the round even though there was still 1 min 30 secs remaining.

Green looks like a serious threat and yet Lacy elects to bounce straight back against him.

Should be one hell of a fight! Come on Jeff!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The moment of truth is soon to be upon us, fans & haters alike. Lacy returns.

Very interesting, I guess I'd favor Lacy even after the Calzaghe fight. Green's kind of stationary and his defense could be a bit better. Not that Lacy's is good but I think they'll both land and Lacy seems a lot sturdier than Green.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to Jeff Lacy - I would not have thought any less of him if he had've come back with a couple of easier fights!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The moment of truth is soon to be upon us, fans & haters alike. Lacy returns

Yeah hats off to Jeff taking on such a dangerous opponent after coming straight off a pounding from JC. I give Jeff a very small edge in this fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me say this...I have no clue as to which one to pick...atleast not with confidence...only because of the fact that no one knows how Lacy's gonna react to another hard shot.

Look at it like this...there really isn't much more of a beating out there that could surpass the one taken last year...so maybe...just maybe he comes out in top form with a better defense.

Stranger things have happened.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I commend Green for actually challenging Lacy.

This could be very dangerous, if Lacy comes out like he has something to prove then Green is in for a rough and or short night, but if Green is as good as he says he is, he should make this a close competitive fight.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Woohoo!

The SMW division has been throwing up some rather interesting fights recentlly, and I can't wait to have a gander at this one. Jeff LAcy, one of america's great hopes, laid low against JC, against who many on this board have touted as on of the real prospects in the division. Having not seen too much of either, I'll reserve judgement and hope for a top notch fight.

Anyone with any clu when and where this is likely to be taking place?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A few thoughts on this one from someone who is a fan of both but Lacy moreso then Green.

1. Lacy doesn't have any confidence issues. I don't think we'll see anybody other then the fire breathing super middleweight that had all of us picking Lacy KO against Calzaghe. Why do I think this? Well look at his opponent. He takes a beating of Tex Cobb-Larry Holmes proportions and comes back and takes on the hottest guy in the whole division, a guy who Calzaghe was entertaining for his next fight. Doesn't exactly sound like the pick of a broken fighter does it? I mean it's not like he's marching into unchared territories. Fighters have lost....even choked before He has a real strong camp behind them and they won't let him wilt under this pressure. He's way to valuable to them. So that's my first thought. He's worked with the best people in the business after this loss and I don't have many worries about his mental makeup. He'll be fine and I think the Green pick is a testament to that.

2. The fight is going to be won at whatever distance they fight at. Green is faced with the task of keeping Lacy on the outside and scoring with the big 1,2. No one has been able to keep Lacy outside as of yet. He kind of has a dumbed down peek a boo style with a lot of side to side head movement that has let him slip straight jabs and rights in the past to let him get inside. So how do you keep him on the outside? It's something no one has done yet so it'll be interesting to see how Green handles this daunting task. If the fight goes on the inside then it is Lacy's fight to lose.

3. Lacy won't be KO'd. He's been hit with nearly 100 punches a round from a fairly hardhitting champion. The guy has one of the better chins in boxing and Green is going to have to be smart for 12 rounds without ever getting caught on the inside. Does Green have the smarts and the experience to do this? Does he even have the ability to stay safe for 12 rounds while still winning? That'll be interesting to see.

4. Great fight. Great fight for fans. We have a guy who is making his first BIG step up while another is looking to get right back on the map with a victory over the division's hottest prospect. The buzz surrounding this fight is going to be incredible. And we got one giddy Lacy fan over here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    I commend Green for actually challenging Lacy.

This could be very dangerous, if Lacy comes out like he has something to prove then Green is in for a rough and or short night, but if Green is as good as he says he is, he should make this a close competitive fight.
    Win lose or draw...it'll be good for us all.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dito those applauding Lacy for taking this fight, I thought October was too early for Lacy? Oh well its on now.

I think he will beat the piss out of Allan Green
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

Good to see that Lacy's still got heart by taking on someone of merit...the question is:

I dont think it will happen

Look here

After several days of negotiations between promoters Tony Holden and Gary Shaw, Jeff Lacy rejected Allan Green as his comeback opponent for October 7th. "Gary Shaw and I did everything possible to make this fight happen, we were getting it finalized, then Lacy decided he didn't want to fight Allan" said a disappointed Tony Holden

Four days ago Allan Green demolished former Contender star Anthony Bonsante and called out Jeff Lacy in an interview with ESPN. "To be honest, I expected it" said Allan Green. "Jeff Lacy had been protected his whole career until he fought Calzaghe. We all know what happened when he stepped up. So I guess he will go back to fighting bums again" "

With Lacy out of the picture Green is now entertaining an offer to face WBO Super-Middleweight Champion Joe Calzaghe in October. "I will take that fight in a second! I have to meet with my promoter first and look at the specifics, but I am all for it" said Green

Green (21-0), is one of boxing's top prospects after scoring the ESPN and Ring Magazine knockout of the year against Jaidon Codrington and has reeled off four consectuive knockout victories
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jangeorg
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

I dont think it will happen

Look here

After several days of negotiations between promoters Tony Holden and Gary Shaw, Jeff Lacy rejected Allan Green as his comeback opponent for October 7th. "Gary Shaw and I did everything possible to make this fight happen, we were getting it finalized, then Lacy decided he didn't want to fight Allan" said a disappointed Tony Holden

Four days ago Allan Green demolished former Contender star Anthony Bonsante and called out Jeff Lacy in an interview with ESPN. "To be honest, I expected it" said Allan Green. "Jeff Lacy had been protected his whole career until he fought Calzaghe. We all know what happened when he stepped up. So I guess he will go back to fighting bums again" "

With Lacy out of the picture Green is now entertaining an offer to face WBO Super-Middleweight Champion Joe Calzaghe in October. "I will take that fight in a second! I have to meet with my promoter first and look at the specifics, but I am all for it" said Green

Green (21-0), is one of boxing's top prospects after scoring the ESPN and Ring Magazine knockout of the year against Jaidon Codrington and has reeled off four consectuive knockout victories
    That was from about a week ago. I think the fight is on now.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jangeorg

I guess Green's qualified to make that kind of statement about Lacy, after all his two best wins were against the number one dad and a guy that had 9 professional fights.

Thread Information