Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Return of the Mighty Quinn

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/TheMightyMightyQuinn

Twitter - Twitter

He's baaaaaaaaacK! - 2012

Join #TeamPage as former WBA Welterweight Boxing Champion James Page returns to boxing on a quest to make 'hiStory'. NO ATHLETE has ever return to their sport after a 10 year inactivity, to win a championship of any kind. Page looks to be the FIRST! We know it's been a long time and a lot of fans were left hanging, but we will be sure to make our remaining supporters, PROUD!

Champ: "Im in the greatest shape of my life!"
    Last edited by Millinc; 06-04-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Return of the Mighty Quinn

The enthusiasm for this one can be seen in the responses. Same big talk from the fighter and little interest from the fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    The enthusiasm for this one can be seen in the responses. Same big talk from the fighter and little interest from the fans.
    Seriously dude?? You should question yourselF, and wonder why u dont have anything better to do, besides criticize someone who is trying to do something right. You'll probably be the same one on his nuts when he does accomplish what he set out to do. Being you hiding behind a post in a forum and talking shyt, you're a NO-BODY. I really don't even know why i'm responding to your worthless comments. I guess i'll give u YOUR 15 SECONDS of fame HERE in the forum! lol. God Bless YOU!

NO ASSHOLES OR IDIOTS will keep us from accomplishing our goal. Just sit back and #witness!

#TeamPage2012

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets not be cruel here.

Honestly all I remember of James Page was him getting KO'd by Six Heads Lewis after George Foreman talked him up as a legit threat to Shane Mosley or Oscar at 147. He may have been very good at one time but that was a long time ago.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Lets not be cruel here.

Honestly all I remember of James Page was him getting KO'd by Six Heads Lewis after George Foreman talked him up as a legit threat to Shane Mosley or Oscar at 147. He may have been very good at one time but that was a long time ago.

Don't know whO u were talkn' about, being cruel....cause i sure as hell didn't come into this forum to be thaT way. Promotions is my job. So any1 having a problem with me doing that for my fighter, they can knock their own selves out.

True, he lost to Lewis, but for anyone knowing boxing, SHOULD knoW, that there are LOTS of things that go on 'behind' the scenes of fans. And if anyone remembers that far back, there was contract disputes w/promoter, which led to a stripping of the title...which then led to an 'inactive' Page, but then led to an offer by the promoter and organization to have the right to fight for his title back....which who wouldn'T accept that opportunity back....so, with all said, an offer to a 'non-trained' Page (or ANY other fighter for that matter), would lead to a 'dismal' performance....

Let's talk NOW. He's bacK. In shape. Hungry. Not to mention DANGEROUS.

Not asking for ANY of you to jump up and start cheering for us. Would NEVER expect that from forum ppl. Most in forums have nothing but negative things to say about other ppl anyway, and for the ones who don'T, i'm sure you are appreciated by the ones you do support.

All i can do is say, Stay Tuned.

#TeamPage2012

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't post on a forum then, you tool. You're talking about a 40 something year old welterweight who hasn't fought in over a decade after getting blitzed by Andrew Lewis, why the hell should anyone be inerested. If he does come back, I hope he doesn't get hurt and makes a bit of money that morons like you don't rob him of, that's all.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ames-page.html

For realzzz this time

Still hope he doesn't for his personal well being. It will end badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miilinc you need to quit your day job as a promoter because you seem to have no clue
    Everyone on this forum is a fight fan and has an opinion for you to jump down people's throats like that is out of order pure and simple
    U need to jump off a bridge mate do us all a favour
    As for the comeback I wish him all the luck in the world because believe me he will need it

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Millinc View Post
    Seriously dude?? You should question yourselF, and wonder why u dont have anything better to do, besides criticize someone who is trying to do something right. You'll probably be the same one on his nuts when he does accomplish what he set out to do. Being you hiding behind a post in a forum and talking shyt, you're a NO-BODY. I really don't even know why i'm responding to your worthless comments. I guess i'll give u YOUR 15 SECONDS of fame HERE in the forum! lol. God Bless YOU!

NO ASSHOLES OR IDIOTS will keep us from accomplishing our goal. Just sit back and #witness!

#TeamPage2012
    Firstly. Chill.

I was merely pointing out that the press release was big on bluster and low on content to back it up with, and that no one else had responded to the thread.

Maybe wait for him to get through a couple of journeymen and maybe get a win against a gatekeeper of the division before making claims that he is going to come back after 10 years out and win a world title. There is a very good reason that this hasn't been achieved, and if he does it then I'll fall on my sword and accept I was wrong.

I wouldn't have responded, but the cliche at the end (Champ: "Im in the greatest shape of my life!") kind of made me laugh. And hey, at least five or six more people probably read this thread after I responded to it, so you did get some attention after all!

Good luck to him, and hope your boy doesn't get hurt like so many others coming back after a long layoff.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good luck James Page.

Why the 10 years off? Hope he has been training and living clean during that time.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Millinc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Lets not be cruel here.

Don't know whO u were talkn' about, being cruel....cause i sure as hell didn't come into this forum to be thaT way. Promotions is my job. So any1 having a problem with me doing that for my fighter, they can knock their own selves out.

True, he lost to Lewis, but for anyone knowing boxing, SHOULD knoW, that there are LOTS of things that go on 'behind' the scenes of fans. And if anyone remembers that far back, there was contract disputes w/promoter, which led to a stripping of the title...which then led to an 'inactive' Page, but then led to an offer by the promoter and organization to have the right to fight for his title back....which who wouldn'T accept that opportunity back....so, with all said, an offer to a 'non-trained' Page (or ANY other fighter for that matter), would lead to a 'dismal' performance....

Let's talk NOW. He's bacK. In shape. Hungry. Not to mention DANGEROUS.

Not asking for ANY of you to jump up and start cheering for us. Would NEVER expect that from forum ppl. Most in forums have nothing but negative things to say about other ppl anyway, and for the ones who don'T, i'm sure you are appreciated by the ones you do support.

All i can do is say, Stay Tuned.

#TeamPage2012
    I was saying Superheavyrhun was being cruel. Most posters on this forum are hardcore boxing fans who love boxing and have great respect for pro fighters especially guys who have been at the top of their division such as Page was once.

If you opinion of people on boxing forums is so low then you should not have posted here in the first place. There are always going to be negative people and detractors particularly on the internet. You got to take the good with the bad.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information