Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default David Price teams up with Adam Booth

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Price teams up with Adam Booth

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

AH HA! I knew this would happen! I think it's a quality move for both parties. I'm not the biggest Adam Booth fan, but he's loyal to his fighters, he gets them in top physical condition, he has great confidence in his stable of fighters, and of course that confidence will help Price get back on his feet as a good boxer, which he is, he always has been.

Perfect match, and this could really boost Booth's legitimacy as a trainer if he rights this ship. I think he is an unconventional trainer, he constantly thinks outside the box, he will get Price prepared and in adding Booth I think it shifts some of the focus from "Can Price recover" to "Can Booth get the most out of Price".

I have a lot of faith in this move. I believe Price will have some warm ups to get used to Booth as his trainer and to exorcise any demons that the Thompson matches may have found their way into Price's head.

I don't like Adam Booth, but he's a very wise choice for Price at this point in time

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to agree and yes you called it early, quite a while back if I remember. Price started with Booth as promoter and then moved to Maloney on Booths advice. I think Price has the fundamentals in place he just needs to learn how to tie up better and get his head sorted out. I have never rated Booth much on basic skills but mentally he is a great motivator and that is what Price needs. I think his nerves and tension left him spent against Thompson not stamina issues and Booth will help relax him.

El Kabong Guest

Yeah, I think the problem with Price in both fights vs Thompson is that he was looking to KO a guy (yes in both fights) who #1 has exceptional defense #2 has a very sturdy chin and #3 has only been KO'd by THE Heavyweight champion. Whether or not Price figured he could KO Thompson or his team figured he could is now irrelevant, Booth is a smart fella, he will need to ease Price back into winning rounds and allowing the KO to come to him. And in all honesty that's how Wladimir KO'd Thompson twice, he let the knockout come to him.

Price could stand to learn about tying up and using his size as a greater advantage, but I believe the main things he's going to have to learn about himself are A) that he CAN survive a knockdown. Just because he hits the canvas it doesn't mean the fight is over. and B ) If a fighter can take his clean power punches for the first half of a fight there's no need to panic, just keep landing them and they'll do their work eventually.

I'm not necessarily a fan of Price, I'm certainly no fan of Booth, but I do hope they find success working with each other.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Blimey, you feeling alright Lyle? This is Adam Booth you're talking about? Adam Booth!

Good choice for Price because Booth thinks he's the psychological daddy and Price needs his head sorting out.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Blimey, you feeling alright Lyle? This is Adam Booth you're talking about? Adam Booth!

Good choice for Price because Booth thinks he's the psychological daddy and Price needs his head sorting out.
    Yeah and Booth trained Haye to fight against Valuev and Wlad 2 really tall guys who knew how to use their height to their advantage. So at the very least Booth knows what to get Price to do to make it difficult for his opponents. And yeah Booth's confidence should affect Price in a positive manner.

Like I said, I don't like Booth, but I think he'll pair well with Price. What were Price's other reasonable options? He could have called on Jon Banks who is an unknown quantity aside from being able to keep Wlad on the winning streak.

Who else could Price get? Roach, McGirt, Shields, Goosen...hell I don't know of any other solid British trainers...Calzaghe?

I think Booth is the right choice

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this will tell us how good both of them really are in their respective departments. I've never really thought much of Adam Booth as a trainer but if he can get David Price to world level and teach him some new tricks he'd of definately shown his class.
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bo-Bo24 View Post
    I think this will tell us how good both of them really are in their respective departments. I've never really thought much of Adam Booth as a trainer but if he can get David Price to world level and teach him some new tricks he'd of definately shown his class.
    Absolutely, if he gets Price to regain his form then Adam Booth will be THE hot commodity in England as far as trainers are concerned.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a good move, Booth should get the best out of Price if he can instil some confidence into the soft lad.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Price is the architypal bully.

People like to say Mike Tyson was but he went down fighting.

Price was fine against none threats but against Thompson who a man of his size and power should have been able to take care of relatively easily, he just gave up.

I dont think he really wants to fight any more and the next live body he faces his reluctance will rear its head again.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The best bit of that article was this -

I was sparring with Mike Tyson at 21 and even though he would probably have beaten me

"Probably" have beat you Glenn?

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was sparring with Mike Tyson at 21 and even though he would probably have beaten me

You don't think it was 50/50 then Fenster , the rampaging unbeaten animal Tyson , v Glenn ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

You don't think it was 50/50 then Fenster , the rampaging unbeaten animal Tyson , v Glenn ?
    I like Glenn but he's about as poor a "world" champion as there has ever been. Johnny Nelson would have slaughtered him let alone Tyson.

Thread Information