1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo will disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    canelo says he might not return until next september after having his surgery, if that's the case then hopefully some of these other guys will face off against each other in the interim
    Beterbiev v Bivol would be a good start.

Canelo has no business at 175. Best he start paying attention to that other Mexican clamoring for him at 168. Oh right... Canelo doesn't fight Mexicans.
    That would be easier and more realistic fights for Canelo than face the real light heavyweight champions.
    @TITO Fan is right. Canelo is irrelevant at LHW. HE is a SMW , end of.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if canelo is out that long then i'd definitely expect fights like artur v dmitry & david b v caleb to be made but with the history of good fights falling apart i won't be surprised if they don't happen
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if canelo is out that long then i'd definitely expect fights like artur v dmitry & david b v caleb to be made but with the history of good fights falling apart i won't be surprised if they don't happen
    as i say that caleb says he's signed a contract to fight david b next year
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ARTUR BETERBIEV reckons he has the beating of pound-for-pound king Canelo Alvarez.

Undisputed super-middleweight king Canelo is back in the crosshairs of the Russian following his return to the light-heavyweight division.

Canelo conceded both height and reach to Dmitry Bivol after stepping up to 175lbs back in May.

And the Mexican paid the price, losing for just the second time in his career.

Speaking before Alvarez's shock defeat, Beterbiev told SunSport: "I disagree with your assessment that he is pretty much unbeatable.

"It is not true. He lost to [Floyd] Mayweather, he had equal fights verses GGG [Gennady Golovkin].

"With that said, Canelo is undoubtedly a good fighter, he has the technique, he works nicely on the ring, and he has a good punch.

"Of course, I will do my best to beat him, because he is not unbeatable.

"His loss to Mayweather and equal fights vs. GGG is proof of that.

"I don’t consider myself worse than Mayweather or GGG as a fighter.

"So the result of our fight will show who is the best between the two of us."

Beterbiev reckons a dust-up with the Guadalajara gladiator would be a box-office smash.

He said: "I am sure that would be a mega-fight. It will be one of the huge events over the last years."

Canelo's ferocity was on full display in consecutive stoppage victories over Anvi Yildirim, Billy Joe Saunders and Caleb Plant.

He recently got back to winning ways, dispatching Gennady Golovkin in their trilogy match.

But Beterbiev doesn't have the slightest concern about the punching power possessed by the four-weight world champion.

He said: "I think his technical side outweighs his physical force.

"His asset in the boxing is his thinking, he is a smart fighter.

"As for his punch power, I think there are fighters in our division who are stronger than him, who hit harder.

"I don't follow up closely other fighters, but Canelo seems to be training hard and he gets what he wants.

"As for how I am going to beat him, I don't want to reveal it to anyone.

"Generally speaking, I would be following the same guidelines I used in my previous fights.

"I will do my best to be fully prepared for this fight and stay 100% focused on it."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17607...eatable-power/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ginger won't go back to 175. Especially to fight Beterbiev. So it's all pointless conjecture.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo being out until next september could be the best thing for boxing around one sixty eight & one seventy five. caleb v davib b is already signed & dmitry is talking about legacy over money. this is the best thing canelo could have done, he gets to rest up & refresh while these other guys are forced to fight each other instead of waiting on the golden egg

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo says he may be able to return in may next year as his hand is healing well

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For someone who prides himself on not being taken for a mug, it’s laughable how you hang on his every word and take it as gospel.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CANELO ALVAREZ expects to make his boxing return in May after successful hand surgery and will do so seeking revenge.

The Mexican superstar went under the knife for a left hand injury which has plagued him since last year.

Canelo, 32, beat Genaddy Golovkin, 40, on points in their trilogy bout in September and faced being out for a year.

But now, the four-division champion could be back by May and has called out Dmitry Bivol, 31.

Canelo told Bet365.mx: “We will seek revenge.

"I lost trying to make history in another division, complicated, for me, it is number one in the 175-pound division.

“I think I’ll be ready for May again. I am here to face the best and have the best fights in boxing; all those fights interest me; whatever leads me to make history, that’s why I’m here."

Canelo was beaten on points by Bivol in May, failing in his WBA light-heavyweight title challenge.

The Russian has since beat Gilberto Ramirez, 31, and insisted a unification title clash with Artur Beterbiev, 37, was his main goal.

Promoter Eddie Hearn acknowledged a rematch with Canelo is massive but undisputed glory remains priority.

Hearn said: “It’s pretty obvious that Dmitry Bivol is about legacy and about belts. And he wants to become undisputed.

"That is his absolute main focus. Obviously from my side we want to make the biggest fights possible.

"The Canelo Alvarez rematch is a very big fight. But the priority for Dmitry is to be undisputed."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20433...ry-next-fight/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bivol should give him the rematch... knock him out... and leave him to look around at 168 and then get knocked out by Benavidez. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it happens you have to respect Canelo making a Bivol rematch. The guy can fight anyone he chooses, choosing someone that beat you easily shows gumption

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We'll see when the conditions are set. Rehydration clauses... other diva demands... those would signify reverting back to the Canelo M.O., and would warrant no respect from me.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No matter how much I can do without it I can't fault Bivol should Canelo be lined up again. Finacial security is paramount. But half of my noninterest is knowing we're going to be once again sitting through the 'Canelo Que' giving the return from surgery and it'll be a fight after a fight possibly. If not more. Bivol isn't going to sit around until late next year and needs to maintain momentum. But bigger for me is that the experiment answered for itself and was the biggest crutch heard after Bivol spanked him. "He's not a lt heavyweight, he dared to be great but Bivol was too big" etc. But they'll except Bivol boiling down for the best interest of Canelo?! It's literally manufacturing something that has already played out and I just don't want to see Bivol still in that "just happy to be here and oblige" role when he is perfectly poised to follow fighter of the year with a career defining mega fan friendly unification. If-when Benavidez gets over Plant and does so impressively, he was-is and will be the 800lb gorilla still making himself at home in Canelos's house. Right there, feet kicked up and his table eating out of his fridge. Work to be done by Benavidez with Plant. First things first. But that's the Canelo work to be done and biggest remaining threat at 168...still.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meanwhile the circus continues... with Usyk hinting he could return to cruiserweight, and Canelo saying he likes "feeling in danger." Usyk obviously looking to beat the cash cow... and Canelo desperately trying to build his (cough) legacy with stupid fights. Let's not forget he toyed with facing the "formidable" Ilunga Makabu for a cruiserweight trinket to add to his other trinkets.

So let's see... we've got Bivol saying he's not really interested in a Canelo rematch (but probably would for the right price)... Usyk wanting to drop down for the cash cow... and meanwhile Benavidez feeling ignored because Canelo won't (cough) "fight fellow Mexicans." Either way, the Canelo fan base will spin it in a positive fashion for Canelo... which is why I still hope whoever fights him next just knocks him out and end all this nonsense. Bivol could've done it if he pressed... and maybe he'll do it if there's a rematch.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    canelo says he might not return until next september after having his surgery, if that's the case then hopefully some of these other guys will face off against each other in the interim
    Beterbiev v Bivol would be a good start.

Canelo has no business at 175. Best he start paying attention to that other Mexican clamoring for him at 168. Oh right... Canelo doesn't fight Mexicans.
    That would be easier and more realistic fights for Canelo than face the real light heavyweight champions.
    @TITO Fan is right. Canelo is irrelevant at LHW. HE is a SMW , end of.
    yep I predicted Trump reinstated August 2021 but atleast he got Canelo prediction right, I agree, I also said in summer 2020 that Canelo had about 5 good fights left in him.

Thread Information