Thread: AJ is a disgrace to the sport!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: AJ is a disgrace to the sport!

It all started with Usyk complementing AJ saying he was strong. AJ took it the wrong way and said it is skill that wins not size or strength which is true and AI does not have enough to beat Usyk.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Was a pretty strange post big fight day. As predicted the initial actions of AJ and his follow up expressing regret were all..literally all..the talk from what I've seen. Aside from a clip of Usyk at the airport he's been relegated to secondary news in what is and should have been celebrated as his biggest night and his highest high at a time when maybe he as an individual also outside of the ring needed it the most given what he's seen back home and represented over the last 6 months. Watching the unedited full aftermath there's one thing that's clear, his professionalism and genuine character may be the only things bigger than his actual skill on display. AJ is going to have to shoulder this for the rest of his career. And frankly needs to be reminded of the entirety of it. I'm not down with beating a man repeatedly over the head when they implode and rage like that after it's acknowledged it but that's just the start. The last thing he needs is to be talking about is fighting anytime soon. He has some big time some soul searching to do.
    Damn. That was seriously a good post. Bullseye πŸŽ―πŸŽ―πŸŽ―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―% πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It all started with Usyk complementing AJ saying he was strong. AJ took it the wrong way and said it is skill that wins not size or strength which is true and AI does not have enough to beat Usyk.
    Sure looked like that pressure cooker started as the decision was being read. Not to 'Zapruder' the vids but you can see it as he waltzed away from his entire team and vice versa. Man was adrift.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Sure looked like that pressure cooker started as the decision was being read. Not to 'Zapruder' the vids but you can see it as he waltzed away from his entire team and vice versa. Man was adrift.
    aj was angry immediately following the announcement. he went over to loma & another guy in oleksandr's team & fist bumped them both, looked to be unusually hard. aj needs a bit of time off & he needs to get someone in his team that he respects & has his best interests at heart, that he can trust to tell him what's what, without the bullshit & blowing smoke up his ass. how fighters come back from loses shows me what they are made off & both times so far aj has improved, i think he regrets the end of fight outburst & behavior & hopefully he'll continue to work on himself. it's all we can do to try & be better people than we were yesterday
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First of all, if you know anything about boxing you would realize that Usyk was not hurt in the 9th round and was just riding the wave.

He made AJ gas.

AJ was a complete muppet after the fight and his team were too scared to stop him talking.

He is not the champion and had no right to rant after the fight like that.

Wilder and Wlad lost their belts and never behaved in this manner.

19 stone Tyson Fury can throw combinations so there’s no excuse from AJ.

The better man won.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still some big fights for him out there if he wants them. Or Eddie can convince him he does.

Wilder or Ruiz III but needs an easy one to get back into it. Arena fight
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Throwing belts around and generally making a tit of yourself is not a good look. Joshua made himself look a right Charlie. I don't have a problem with the verbal exchange with Usyk. Crossed wires, heat of the moment. They were both actually being complimentary to one another but with Joshua being steamed up the way he was it came out as if derogatory which I don't believe it was for one second.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a back handed complement from Usyk when he said to AJ that he was strong. He was really saying you are not skilled as me and you are dumb for giving away all your advantages. I would never be as silly as you losing twice to me.

AJ obviously got upset and threw away belts that were not even his in the first place.

AJ starts blubbering about how hard it is to be a famous multi millionaire living the luxurious life and having everything handed to him. Grow up you big baby and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    I love how you lot have gone graveyard silent on Anthony Joshua's disgraceful behaviour. Very championship like for him. Tyson Fury was never wrong on these Dosser's and posers.

The difference between AJ and Fury is that Fury knows he ain't shit but tries to be a bit better every day, it's a fight through Christ who saves. AJ tried to hide he ain't shit but when the pressure is on him, he bitches out like the little bitch he is!

Shit, even Wilder took his ass kicking from Fury like a man.
    Why is Joshua held to a higher standard than any other fighter ?

Look at how the media heavily criticize Lewis Hamilton, but other Formula 1 drivers can act like a complete mess.

People may wonder why I'm not just blatantly coming out and saying things bluntly. I don't think I need to. Everyone know's why AJ's getting sh*t for his behaviour in the ring straight after the fight........ but I'm not gonna go there.

I have seen on social media people stating that Joshua's mask slipped. Again this proves that he is held to a higher standard.
    Are you implying that he is held to a higher standard because.....wait for it!..... he's black? Because if so, that is bollocks. ANY fighter, purple, green, pink, white or black, who has no killer instinct, doesnt follow up when has a fighter hurt, doesnt fight using his God given blessings of HUGE size and power, and then acts like an utter juvenile delinquent with the microphone pissing on Usyk's chips, should be called A DISGRACE TO THE SPORT. Did Joe Frazier act like that after getting blown out in Kingston? Did Cooney act like that when Holmes whipped his ass? AJ is a fucking disgrace. Stop making excuses.
    A lot of pricks here in the UK have done just that. Fury can be juiced to the eyeballs, pretending he has covid, do more lines than Hamlet, and yet he is supposed to be some kind of role model. Joshua acts like a dick after one fight and they are queuing up to claim he isn't British. he is a disgrace, he is a racist for suggesting that Black people in the UK should support Black businesses, etc. Nobody is pretending his behaviour is Ok but to pretend that somehow he is now a disgrace to the sport is beyond a joke, Fucking clowns.
    Last edited by Beanz; 08-23-2022 at 09:43 AM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a back handed complement from Usyk when he said to AJ that he was strong. He was really saying you are not skilled as me and you are dumb for giving away all your advantages. I would never be as silly as you losing twice to me.
    Christ you read a lot into one word . I think like AJ you've got the wrong end of the stick mate. He used the word strong, could have been good, skilled, whatever. His English is OK but not great. AJ took it literally and assumed it was a knock on his skill level. I don't think it was that at all and I don't think that's what Usyk is about either.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Christ you read a lot into one word . I think like AJ you've got the wrong end of the stick mate. He used the word strong, could have been good, skilled, whatever. His English is OK but not great. AJ took it literally and assumed it was a knock on his skill level. I don't think it was that at all and I don't think that's what Usyk is about either.
    I know Usyk did not mean to insult AJ but he must be thinking what I said. These heavyweights are limited compared to him and he is making millions showing them up.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's not forget how Joshua supports local businesses

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    As long as you do not lose your mind over the statement you will be ok. Some have embarrassed themselves and never recovered.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    I like AJ. He looks like he trained extremely hard and truly felt he would be victorious so I can see him being frustrated, exhausted, emotional, and then having the additional impact of career ramifications. Losing a tough fight like that in front of millions is hard enough, but add the financial implications and it likely makes you feel a little hopeless and scared. I wish he had handled it better, but I’m sure that today AJ wishes that he had handled it better way more than anyone else.

I would like to see AJ take on a couple of easy fights before moving into a Wilder super fight. Heavyweight is kind of thin right now to me, so not sure how many interesting fights remain for him. I would pay big money to watch him fight Wilder.

I like AJ too. Plus, you're right about AJ likely wishing he had handled it better more than anyone else.

But sometimes we can't gloss over a humongous screw-up just because we like the fighter involved. To be clear, many other fighters have lost under pressure-packed conditions, to their utmost frustration. Yet many of them have managed to muster the gumption and comportment to handle the situation professionally. AJ failed miserably.

The victim here was Usyk. It was HIS moment, not AJ's. Nobody needed (nor wanted) for AJ to go into a self-serving monologue, mic in hand.

No, I didn't watch the fight. I'll be sure to watch it at my first available opportunity. Thanks to all the gents who provided a wonderful RBR. I also followed it on a live update site. But I did watch the whole aftermath. It's on plenty of YouTubes.

Let's not fall into the typical double standard trap. We've all blasted Deontay Wilder for all the stupid crap he utters, and cringe every time he opens his mouth. As with Joshua, I like Wilder also. He's made the most of what he has. I still think a matchup between him and Joshua would be extremely interesting and fan-friendly. It would be a huge fight, regardless of whether a title is involved. Should've happened years ago.

Had Joshua reigned in his unfortunate impulses and behaved more normally, letting Usyk have his well-deserved day in the sun... he would've immediately multiplied his fanbase. But he didn't. He f*cked up. Not to mention going on an expletive filled rant which probably broke a world record in bleeps for a post-fight interview.
    I don't disagree with anything you wrote- Joshua should have been respectful and classy in defeat. Usyk and the Ukrainian people deserved their moment- especially right now. My point was more towards the comment or thought that AJ is a disgrace to the sport. His actions that night were inexcusable, but were they so severe that we are saying AJ is a disgrace to boxing?? That seems harsh for someone who has represented the sport well and been a great ambassador for 99% of his time in the eyes of the public.

100%.

"Disgrace to the sport" is totally unwarranted and a huge overreaction. Joshua screwed up BIG TIME... and someone from his team should've tried to do a bit of damage control before it went too long... or the mic should've mysteriously stopped working. To excuse any part of his strange rant is to overlook the obvious. But Joshua, IMO, is a good human being. Good human beings are not "a disgrace to the sport." Let's save that moniker for fighters who have really earned it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    As long as you do not lose your mind over the statement you will be ok. Some have embarrassed themselves and never recovered.
    What?

Thread Information