Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: De La Hoya Sturm coming soon....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default De La Hoya Sturm coming soon....

The German will start fast..............
    I'm never drinking again (I am a liar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re:De La Hoya Sturm coming soon....

Round 1
    Sturm comes out gunning and Oscar whacks him with nice body shots. Big body punches from Oscar as he’s going for it hard. Sturm is covering up and blcokgin most of them but Oscar is trying to set the tone. Hook and a jab from Sturm. Jab from Sturm. Righ to body by Oscar. Left from Sturm. Right by Sturm and Oscar looks more like his typical boxing style. Sturm is moving forward and Sturm lands a couple soft shots. Good stiff, persistent jab from Sturm. Left by Oscar and Sturm landed hicely in return. Right from Sturm. Not much power on it but he’s shown he can reach Oscar. Nice hook by Sturm and right by Oscar. Very good round for both, with action galore. Body shot by Oscar. Jab from Sturm. Hook from Sturm. Oscar is fighting the Mayweather style, keeping his head low in front of Sturm and trying to juke and counter him. Nice hook by Ocsar and Sturm gets rocked. Oscar’s nose is bleeding.

Oscar wins round 10-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 2
    Oscar threw 103 punches in the first round. ODLH eats a jab and Sturm is moving forward, willing to pay the price and clearly not intimidated. Nice right by Sturm. Nice six punch body combo by Oscar. Jab from Sturm. Osar is wiling to trade in close and seems unafraid of Sturm’s shots. Hook by Sturm and his best shot so far. He’s fighting and didn’t come to lose. Jab from Sturm. Body combo and another by Oscar. He’s whacking Sturm but Felix partially blocks much of the body shots with his elbows, as Ike Quartey used to. Body shots from Oscar and a good jab from Sturm. Jab from Oscar, but he’s hardly utilizing it, instead loading up power shots. He’s fighting more like Floyd Jr. than his typical self.

Oscar wins round 10-9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

now it's a fight....

Round 3
    Floyd Sr. tells ODLH to “take a round off and just box. Make him miss.” He might be a little concerned about ODLH giving Sturm too many shots. Lots of jabs from Oscar and Sturm blocks them. Sturm isn’t getting hit in the head very easily but the body is more open Hook from Sturm. Two shots from Sturm partially land. Body shot from Oscar and lots of snakelike jabs in doubles and triples, but they don’t land hard or clean. Uppercut from Sturm and a nice right. Three pnch body combo from Oscar. Right from Sturm lands clean. Another right by him as Oscar’s left is low and across his body. Sturm is explointing eholes in ODLH’s Mayweather style right now but maybe Oscar just isn’t worried about getting hurt. Nice jab from Sturm and ODLH lands a body shot. Uppercut from Sturm. Jab from Sturm. He’s shooting a nice jab and it’s getting Oscar’s attention, probably more than the power shots he lands. Two mean body shots by ODLH and another. It will be interesting to see how the body shots factor into the fight. Oscar’s left eye is swelling now.

Sturm wins round 10-9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 4
    Jab from Oscar. One two from Oscar. Sturm trying to catch Oscar who is moving now. Nice right by Sturm and Oscar whacks the body. Right by Sturm. Body hook by Oscar. Right by Sturm and a stiff jab. Jabs from Oscar and Sturm fires a jab in return. Another body hook by ODLH. Nice jab from Sturm. One two by Sturm. Close round. Jab from Sturm. He’s landing it flush on the puss. Big right by Oscsar and huge left hook. It’s enough to take a close round.

Oscar wins round 10-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 5
    Jab from Sturm and Oscar hits the body. Jab from Sturm. Nice three punch cobo by ODLH. Sturm misses a combo back. Nice hook by Sturm lands partially. Body shot and right by Sturm. Combo to head by ODLH. Another body shot. And another. Another. He’s working the body more than any fight in his career. Uppercut by Sturm and Oscar combos him in the head. Right by Sturm. Oscar lands a right back and Sturm comes with a cross in close that lands nice. Right by Sturm.

Sturm wins round 10-9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 6
    Oscar lands jab. Oscar is moving back and lands a nice left. Sturm is pressing forward and trying to land. Jab from Sturm and Oscar fires his left back. Body shot by Sturm. Right by Sturm. Another right and a one two in return by Oscar. Jab from Sturm. Hook by Sturm. He’s doing well. One two from Oscar falls short. Left hook by Sturm. One two by ODLH and another right and Sturm hits a jab flush. Good uppercut by Sturm and Oscar’s nose is bleeding again. Body shot by Oscar. Another right to body by him.

Oscar wins round 10-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar by Desision unless Strum stops him.

Why...politics...business.

The biggest money fight being Hopkins won, now Oscar has an automatic, unless he gets stopped.

I'm predicting now. Oscar by Desision unless he get's stopped, and no I don't mean knocked down, Felix could knock down Oscar every round from here on out and still not get a desision, if you get my drift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 7
    Oscar is shooting jabs and they are being blocked. Both guys seems to have lost a touch of spunk. Slow minute before Oscar lands a nice hook. Uppercut from Sturm. Right from Sturm. Double hook from Oscar. Right from Sturm and anice jab. Ocsar moves back. Jab from Sturm. Another jab. Oscar is not doing much this round. Nice one two from Felix. A jab from southpaw and Felix is looking good.

Sturm wins round 10-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Purist
    Oscar by Desision unless Strum stops him.

Why...politics...business.

The biggest money fight being Hopkins won, now Oscar has an automatic, unless he gets stopped.

I'm predicting now. Oscar by Desision unless he get's stopped, and no I don't mean knocked down, Felix could knock down Oscar every round from here on out and still not get a desision, if you get my drift.
    Yeah, but one of the reasons why Sturm was chosen was his lack of a pop so really it's an Oscar UD no matter what!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

two Felix's in one career, and both undefeated, and both for world titles, How DOES he do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They have stopped updating the fight??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it's over...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 8
    RLeft by Sturm and he’s fighting confident. Oscar might be tiring. Jab from Sturm. Oscar is fighting at distance now. Right from Sturm. Overhand right from Oscar is blocked. Oscar’s power is clarly much less at 160 than lower weights and he seems a little frustrated that his shots simply aren’t affecting Sturm. Right by Oscar. Triple jab from Strum. Body shot from Oscar. Right from Oscar. Twenty seconds left and Oscar rallies with body shots. He needs something big to take the round. Hook by Sturm. Right by Sturm.

Sturm wins round 10-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

more coming....

Round 9
    Jab misses by Oscar. Boyd shot from Oscar. Body combo by Oscar but Sturm blocks most of it. Nice head combo by Oscar. Left by Sturm and he is shooting apersistent jabs. Nice hook by Sturm. Oscar is not dictating the pace of the fight, nor the action, and Sturm is picking spots and occasionally clipping hi. Double jab from Sturm. Big hook by Sturm. Oscar doesn’t buckle when nailed but he’s just not firing back enough to discourage Sturm’s head shots. Nice body combo by Oscar. Nice hook by Sturm as Oscar throws a shoeshine body combo that doesn’t land clean. Right lead by Sturm.

Sturm wins round 10-9

Thread Information