Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Klitschko-Fury Set for October 24 in Dusseldorf, Germany

Sure, Fury's chin is questionable, but I really don't see an early knockout or easy win for Wlad.

To be honest, I think Wlad will be more cautious than ever before due to the sheer size of Fury and he'll barely let any punches go, let alone full on power shots. Even when he fought Haye, who basically ran all night, Wlad didn't let his hands go at all. At the end of the day, he's been bombed out himself and his powers of recovery aren 't great either, so he'll be in full survival mode looking to nick it on the cards.

I see this as a 50/50 fight and if Fury fights the right fight and slowly and sensibly applies the pressure, I've no doubt that he can win. He could walk on to something, but even if he does, he's been down before and always gets straight back up no problem. Sure, he hasn't faced someone who hits as hard as Wlad, but I just don't see him going down and staying down from a single punch.

Wlad is going to have his hands full in this one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Furys chin is up for debate to be honest especially if Wald hits him which is whole different story. Wlad most of the time beats bigger fighters easier and say what you want about Haye but he finished Fury best win with ease. I think Wald knocks him out and goes for longest champ ever record at heavyweight does not have many years left to go really. I do not care to much for Wald but he has been champ for over 10 years no and i have him in top 10 now because i can not see how you cant put him there.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We all have our theories , and we know Ross would pick fury to beat Godzilla , however at least we are talking about a Wlad fight when we all know he is pretty boring to watch usually.
    My opinion is a quick win for Wlad but I think it will be a talking point right until the dust settles in the aftermath.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea it nice to talk about a hw fight for a while the last time it was big was Haye the fight was crap but the shit talk and long threads were good. I do not think Fury is much better then Haye if at all they share there best win and Haye destroyed him. Anyhow i am going Wald i feel like he is to ahead of curve even at 40 years of age. I used to not like him so much but you know man been champ for ever say what you want about comp hw only had few great eras 1970 and 1990 the other ones are shit as this era. The man reason it sucks is because we have not had a American champ lineal champ since Holyfeild. I know we have Wilder but i dont really think he is the real deal yet or close to it we will have to wait and see his last fight was shit really against a not contender.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    THe KO or the withdrawal? We tend not to quote on them because you only get bets when the price is wrong, someone knows the fight isnt happening or knows one is an injury doubt etc. Basically its not worth going up big prices as we will only take bets if it is wrong. Realistically id say its about an 8/1 shot not to take place.
    8/1 would be very tempting for a grand bet
    The withdrawal. 7/1 is top price the KO, Id say the points is more likely. 9/1 points looks an ok bet to me. Im already invested for him to win a world title this year so not going to dive in again.
    Yeah withdrawal. I think Wlad will pull out.
    Wlad tends to do that when he knows he has a live and dangerous opponent.
    A) Yeah, but this is Tyson Fury we're talking about and B) Examples
    He didnt want any part of Tysons left overs and pulled out twice!

Wladimir Klitschko's trainer Manny Steward says Dereck Chisora poses a big risk to the IBF/WBO world champion.

The Londoner takes on Klitschko in Germany on April 30.

And veteran trainer Steward says he would have preferred it had Klitschko not faced him.

"Chisora is the most dangerous opponent Wladimir will have fought in many years, because Dereck brings energy and confidence and youthfulness that's different from what we've been fighting in recent fights," he told Sky Sports Ringside.

"I think Dereck Chisora is a very tough fight. If it was up to me, I would not fight Dereck. I would prefer to fight with David Haye.

"But Wladimir has to make the decision."
    You do know that every trainer and coach say whoever there fighter is fighting poses a big threat. Its called hyping a fight. Its how they make money.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    THe KO or the withdrawal? We tend not to quote on them because you only get bets when the price is wrong, someone knows the fight isnt happening or knows one is an injury doubt etc. Basically its not worth going up big prices as we will only take bets if it is wrong. Realistically id say its about an 8/1 shot not to take place.
    8/1 would be very tempting for a grand bet
    The withdrawal. 7/1 is top price the KO, Id say the points is more likely. 9/1 points looks an ok bet to me. Im already invested for him to win a world title this year so not going to dive in again.
    Yeah withdrawal. I think Wlad will pull out.
    Wlad tends to do that when he knows he has a live and dangerous opponent.
    A) Yeah, but this is Tyson Fury we're talking about and B) Examples
    He didnt want any part of Tysons left overs and pulled out twice!

Wladimir Klitschko's trainer Manny Steward says Dereck Chisora poses a big risk to the IBF/WBO world champion.

The Londoner takes on Klitschko in Germany on April 30.

And veteran trainer Steward says he would have preferred it had Klitschko not faced him.

"Chisora is the most dangerous opponent Wladimir will have fought in many years, because Dereck brings energy and confidence and youthfulness that's different from what we've been fighting in recent fights," he told Sky Sports Ringside.

"I think Dereck Chisora is a very tough fight. If it was up to me, I would not fight Dereck. I would prefer to fight with David Haye.

"But Wladimir has to make the decision."
    You do know that every trainer and coach say whoever there fighter is fighting poses a big threat. Its called hyping a fight. Its how they make money.
    Yeah that logic doesnt work.

How was Steward saying he didnt want Wlad to fight Chisora because hes dangerous but would rather he fight Haye because its easier hyping the Haye fight?

He pulled out of the Chisora figt you numpty! It was hyping it, it was genuine concern

Again, how did belittling Haye hype the Haye fight?

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody believes Chisora would have beaten Wlad he is fucking shite , Haye KOED him and Haye didn't lay a glove on Wlad.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Nobody believes Chisora would have beaten Wlad he is fucking shite , Haye KOED him and Haye didn't lay a glove on Wlad.
    This was before the Haye fight and also before the Vitali, Helenius and Fury fights. Chisora only had something like 13 fights at the time and I remember thinking how daft it was that he was getting a world title shot so soon. Chisora's next fight after Wlad was advised not to fight him was his first loss to Fury.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    This was before the Haye fight and also before the Vitali, Helenius and Fury fights. Chisora only had something like 13 fights at the time and I remember thinking how daft it was that he was getting a world title shot so soon. Chisora's next fight after Wlad was advised not to fight him was his first loss to Fury.

So ? Chisora was proved to be utter shite , just because Wlad didn't fight him means nothing.
    Chisora has lost every fight of importance in his career , he is garbage.
    Its like saying Ustinov is better because fury pulled out against him , this also means nothing.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 07-23-2015 at 08:27 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Alright, so how was Chisora "dangerous" to Wlad? Dereck has NEVER had punching power, he's got an alright chin, not the greatest, he's not got the fastest hands, and he's not all that physical of a fighter either.....so was he going to tire out Wlad? Was he going to outbox Wlad? Was he going to KO Wlad?

And EVEN IF THAT WAS TRUE.....why the hell would that mean anything at all in regards to Wlad vs Tyson Fury? Tyson Fury isn't Chisora's size, doesn't fight that style....I guess they have the same punching power? Same trash talking style? Same short bus IQ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright, so how was Chisora "dangerous" to Wlad? Dereck has NEVER had punching power, he's got an alright chin, not the greatest, he's not got the fastest hands, and he's not all that physical of a fighter either.....so was he going to tire out Wlad? Was he going to outbox Wlad? Was he going to KO Wlad?

And EVEN IF THAT WAS TRUE.....why the hell would that mean anything at all in regards to Wlad vs Tyson Fury? Tyson Fury isn't Chisora's size, doesn't fight that style....I guess they have the same punching power? Same trash talking style? Same short bus IQ?
    Dont get your knickers in a twist!

Steward was worried about Chisoras activity is how I see it. It was him that said he would rather Wlad fight Haye than Chisora not me

This guy

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Wlad fought David haye instead of Chisora because Haye had been trash talking him and pulling out of fights for about 4 years, so when the time came when Wlad could fight Haye he took it....but you guys think that means Wlad ducked Chisora

Chisora lost to Fury, lost to Helenius(bad judging though it may have been), lost to Vitali, lost to Haye, and lost to Fury again.....but he deserved a fight vs Wlad why again?

Sorry El Kabong you clearly know Steward is wrong

Your such a twat
    I almost feel like I'm ganging up on you here Ross, but your argument is that Steward knows more than El Kabong. Well Wlad disagreed, so are you saying you know more than Wlad? Those sort of lines of reasoning are entirely subjective and it depends what side of the fence you're standing on.
    The facts are that many have tried before Tyson and failed, and many had better records than Fury.
    It's a tough ask for Fury, one which I personally think is beyond him, but good luck to him.
    I just wish I could understand your confidence in Fury , bordering on Arrogance.
    Wlad ended up doing as he was advised by Steward and pulling out of the Chisora bout.

Chisora had a busy awkward style that Steward feared Wlad would struggle with as he intimated he hadnt faced anyone like that in a long time. Wlads opponents have mostly been plodders. Steward saw Haye as an easier option than Chisora because Haye is not as busy or aggressive and wouldnt have made Wlad work as hard.

Tyson is going to exhaust Klitschko. Yes I agree with Al that if Wlad lands Fury will get hurt but also, the same visa versa. Pretty much the same as if Tszyu lands on Hatton he hurts him or Liston lands on Clay (that was dropped by Cooper) he hurts him. Will he be able to la d while hes preoccupied with what Fury is throwing his way and not able to hold or lean to break the action because of Furys size?

Fury is the perfect storm to Wlad.
    Ross,
    do you honestly believe that Wlad was scared of Chisora?
    I can believe that he had a bogus injury because he wanted the Haye fight which was more commercially rewarding, but not because he thought Haye was an easier option.
    Let's not forget that is exactly what Fury did with Pulev when the Haye fight came up, and the Pulev fight was a final eliminator! does this mean Fury was scared of Pulev?
    Also , as I've said before Fury was supposed to fight Price for the British title , but instead went for a 40 year old taxi driver in order to win the Irish Title. does that mean Fury was scared of Price?
    And before you copy and paste that bullshit quote from Peter Fury (who I regard highly btw.) about offering £125k blah,blah,blah, let's not forgot that Tyson keeps saying "It's not about the money, It's not about the titles, I'll fight anyone because I'm A fighting man!!!!"
    My personal opinion was that Wlad was very confident of beating Haye,Chisora and now Fury. and justifiably so! all he sees is a load of Gobby brits that he can dangle about on a string and then wipe the floor with them in the ring . Easy money and because they're brits there's more money!
    Wlad saw the Haye fight for big bucks, because they pissed Chisora about, they kept him happy by letting big brother beat him easily and made even more money.
    and as for Haye being scared of Fury, that's just plain bullshit! before Haye fought Wlad, Every HW opponent he faced was better than any opponent that Fury OR Chisora has EVER faced!!!!!!
    And don't forget, when Haye fought Wlad, it was a Unification fight, he was already a World Champ, something we don't know if Fury will achieve, so less of the "Haye shit himself" bollocks.

and Breathe.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad fought David haye instead of Chisora because Haye had been trash talking him and pulling out of fights for about 4 years, so when the time came when Wlad could fight Haye he took it....but you guys think that means Wlad ducked Chisora

Chisora lost to Fury, lost to Helenius(bad judging though it may have been), lost to Vitali, lost to Haye, and lost to Fury again.....but he deserved a fight vs Wlad why again?

Sorry El Kabong you clearly know Steward is wrong

Your such a twat
    I almost feel like I'm ganging up on you here Ross, but your argument is that Steward knows more than El Kabong. Well Wlad disagreed, so are you saying you know more than Wlad? Those sort of lines of reasoning are entirely subjective and it depends what side of the fence you're standing on.
    The facts are that many have tried before Tyson and failed, and many had better records than Fury.
    It's a tough ask for Fury, one which I personally think is beyond him, but good luck to him.
    I just wish I could understand your confidence in Fury , bordering on Arrogance.
    Wlad ended up doing as he was advised by Steward and pulling out of the Chisora bout.

Chisora had a busy awkward style that Steward feared Wlad would struggle with as he intimated he hadnt faced anyone like that in a long time. Wlads opponents have mostly been plodders. Steward saw Haye as an easier option than Chisora because Haye is not as busy or aggressive and wouldnt have made Wlad work as hard.

Tyson is going to exhaust Klitschko. Yes I agree with Al that if Wlad lands Fury will get hurt but also, the same visa versa. Pretty much the same as if Tszyu lands on Hatton he hurts him or Liston lands on Clay (that was dropped by Cooper) he hurts him. Will he be able to la d while hes preoccupied with what Fury is throwing his way and not able to hold or lean to break the action because of Furys size?

Fury is the perfect storm to Wlad.
    Ross,
    do you honestly believe that Wlad was scared of Chisora?
    I can believe that he had a bogus injury because he wanted the Haye fight which was more commercially rewarding, but not because he thought Haye was an easier option.
    Let's not forget that is exactly what Fury did with Pulev when the Haye fight came up, and the Pulev fight was a final eliminator! does this mean Fury was scared of Pulev?
    Also , as I've said before Fury was supposed to fight Price for the British title , but instead went for a 40 year old taxi driver in order to win the Irish Title. does that mean Fury was scared of Price?
    And before you copy and paste that bullshit quote from Peter Fury (who I regard highly btw.) about offering £125k blah,blah,blah, let's not forgot that Tyson keeps saying "It's not about the money, It's not about the titles, I'll fight anyone because I'm A fighting man!!!!"
    My personal opinion was that Wlad was very confident of beating Haye,Chisora and now Fury. and justifiably so! all he sees is a load of Gobby brits that he can dangle about on a string and then wipe the floor with them in the ring . Easy money and because they're brits there's more money!
    Wlad saw the Haye fight for big bucks, because they pissed Chisora about, they kept him happy by letting big brother beat him easily and made even more money.
    and as for Haye being scared of Fury, that's just plain bullshit! before Haye fought Wlad, Every HW opponent he faced was better than any opponent that Fury OR Chisora has EVER faced!!!!!!
    And don't forget, when Haye fought Wlad, it was a Unification fight, he was already a World Champ, something we don't know if Fury will achieve, so less of the "Haye shit himself" bollocks.

and Breathe.
    Every opponent Haye faced was better than anyone Chisora faced? Vitali? You do need to breath, the hate is clouding your mind and Haye was scared of losing to Fury and still is and is now like a demented retard waiting for the outcome of Furys next fight because when Fury wins hes eclipsed Hayes whole career and it may just make him have a nervous breakdown

Wlad wasnt scared of Chisora but Steward was. Its on record in black and white direct quotes from him and also Francis Warren has stated in a youtube interview with IFLTV that Steward told him the same at a conference somewhere.

Fury did drop the Pulev fight to face Haye but his trainer never went in the media saying Pulev would be too dangerous for him hahaha!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every opponent Haye faced was better than anyone Chisora faced? Vitali? You do need to breath, the hate is clouding your mind and Haye was scared of losing to Fury and still is and is now like a demented retard waiting for the outcome of Furys next fight because when Fury wins hes eclipsed Hayes whole career and it may just make him have a nervous breakdown

Wlad wasnt scared of Chisora but Steward was. Its on record in black and white direct quotes from him and also Francis Warren has stated in a youtube interview with IFLTV that Steward told him the same at a conference somewhere.

Fury did drop the Pulev fight to face Haye but his trainer never went in the media saying Pulev would be too dangerous for him hahaha!
    Oh my days! Ross,Ross,Ross. No amount of smilies or cool emojis will mask your total annoyance and disgust at the slightest critique of your hero.
    Ok, Vitali.... You clearly got me there. so what does that prove? He lost every round and was OUTCLASSED. Haye BEAT all his HW opponents prior to Wlad. And I notice you never mentioned any of Fury's opponents, and after all said and done , it's Fury that's going in with Wlad.
    Now Ross, where have you ever seen me hating on a Fury? I've gone out of my way to say that I LIKE FURY, AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM WIN! I just don't think he's good enough, just because of that , I'm not gonna lie to myself and say he'll win. I'll leave that to blinkered idiots who couldn't see reason and logic if it ran around screaming and kicked them in the bollocks, ok Ross?
    Next thing," Haye is running round like a demented retard waiting on Fury's next result,blah,blah fucking blah." Where do you get this shit from? It's pathetic ! Furthermore, what the fuck Does it matter what Haye does, he's already got beat by Wlad. I told you a long time ago, WHEN Tyson loses, don't start that drawing comfort bollocks from the fact he "did better than Haye." That's consolation for LOSERS WITH A LOSERS ATTITUDE!
    Next, what the fuck does it matter what Steward and Warren think? None of that gives Fury a better chance, stop clutching at straws that don't exist.
    And Fury did drop the Pulev fight, and no amount of "ha ha ha's" will mask that.
    Now , I will say again , I Like Fury , but I'm realistic.
    Now you've been asking @Silkeyjoe for all sorts of odds. Well Silkeyjoe being the oracle on all things betting will be able to confirm that until very recently odds on an imaginery match up between Price v Fury had Price as the favourite. That's the level Fury is at . In the words of Fenster, FACT!
    Now one more time, I DON'T HATE FURY, I LIKE THE GUY. Ok?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye beat all his heavyweight opponents?

Who wouldnt have

If Tyson was to face Barrett, Ruiz, Valuev and Harrison hed get ripped for it

Tyson isnt losing.

Thread Information