0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default FROCH vs BUTE ... 2007?

Lucian Bute

Carl Froch

Bute, who currently holds the NABF, NABA, and WBC Continental Americas Super Middleweight titles, is currently ranked NO2 by the WBC - Whilst Carl 'The Cobra' Froch is the current British & Commonwealth champion and right behind him at NO3

Mick Hennessey announced on Friday, that Froch will be likely to face Bute - with the winner to become the Mandatory Challenger to the WBC crown, perhaps early next year, if the EBU title was unavailable.

Bute, currently due to fight tough southpaw Sergy Tatevosyan, a man who only recently KO'd the WBO #1 Contender Rudy Markussen. Bute last fought tough Ghanian James Obede Toney, with a stoppage in 8 rounds.

Whilst Froch, seen off domestic rival Tony Dodson in a packed Nottingham Arena on Friday night in 3 rounds.

Froch, who landed a well-timed liver shot, dropped the tough liverpudlian in only 3 rounds after months of needle between the 2 fighters.

Unbeaten Bute is currently 18w 16ko 0L wheras Froch is also unbeaten at 20W 16ko 0L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: FROCH vs BUTE ... 2007?

probably a fight not likely to happen very soon cos it would appear to be a big money maker fight if the two remain unbeaten and build up their records. they could be big names in the division in the future (i cant see it in froch's case and havent seen the other fela fight). but the politics side of things like to keep fighers like this away from each other to potentially set up a mega fight in the future (a bit like what happened with hatton and witter)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would love to see this fight happen. I'm starting to like Froch more and more. His last two outings have been very impressive to say the least.

Only seen Bute fight once and it was a walkover so really cant gauge him.

But I think Froch can hang with anyone at 168 lb.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    probably a fight not likely to happen very soon cos it would appear to be a big money maker fight if the two remain unbeaten and build up their records. they could be big names in the division in the future (i cant see it in froch's case and havent seen the other fela fight). but the politics side of things like to keep fighers like this away from each other to potentially set up a mega fight in the future (a bit like what happened with hatton and witter)
    imo it should happen...a fight like this would really get froch seen as a man who should have a title. Froch is performing and he needs to get a shot a title soon. After all of these wins he should be able to get a bigger name like this this guy and it will lead on to bigger things. Froch is imo a big name at 168 and people should watch out for this!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really dont think so... Fights like this need to happen in boxing far more often...Why should it be more of a money fight if they both take on some more soft touches when they are clearly showing the potential to be world class. Sooner or later they are each going to need to take a fight that is high risk and not a mega fight, but that's how you make a name for yourself as a contender... THese two should definetly face each other, and from the attitudes of both guys, I really don't see much stopping it from happening.. Froch is obviously confident and willing to fight the best, and Bute is the same way, he has faced very respectable competition for his time as a pro and number of fights.. Great matchup, but I'd strogly favour Bute if it were to come off.. I am really sold on him, he's much more fundamentally sound then Froch and has very good power himself, as well as better speed combinations and accuracy, plus a southpaw to boot. Never know with a big puncher though.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    I really dont think so... Fights like this need to happen in boxing far more often...Why should it be more of a money fight if they both take on some more soft touches when they are clearly showing the potential to be world class. Sooner or later they are each going to need to take a fight that is high risk and not a mega fight, but that's how you make a name for yourself as a contender... THese two should definetly face each other, and from the attitudes of both guys, I really don't see much stopping it from happening.. Froch is obviously confident and willing to fight the best, and Bute is the same way, he has faced very respectable competition for his time as a pro and number of fights.. Great matchup, but I'd strogly favour Bute if it were to come off.. I am really sold on him, he's much more fundamentally sound then Froch and has very good power himself, as well as better speed combinations and accuracy, plus a southpaw to boot. Never know with a big puncher though.
    CC, agree with all of that, including favoring Bute if it came off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More Bute....

Birthplace: Galati, Romania

Hometown: Montreal, Canada

Height: 6ft 2in

Division: Super middleweight

Thirteen fights into his pro career, many observers believe that Lucian Bute is the finest young fighter to grace the Montreal boxing scene in many years. He has already become a favorite of Canadian fans, and he has gained celebrity status in his native Romania. Already a Top 15 contender of two of the major sanctioning bodies, Lucian Bute will face the biggest challenge of his pro career as he gets ready to face the rugged Kabary Salem on September 16th.

A tall, quick and aggressive southpaw, Lucian Bute does not own real one-punch KO power. However, his heavy handed combinations and his excellent body attack have stopped every opponent he has faced since making his pro debut in November 2003, and going only twice past four rounds.

A member of the Romanian national team, Bute won a bronze medal at the 1999 World Amateur Championships. However, the turning point is his amateur career definitely was his dominating performance at the 2001 Francophone Games in Ottawa on his way to a gold medal. Interbox, the same Montreal promoter who masterminded the rise of fellow Romanian Leonard Dorin, brought in Lucian Bute to spar with the former super middleweight titleholder Eric Lucas in 2003. Bute gave the champ quite a work-out, and Interbox was quick to sign him.

After building up a 8-0 record against ordinary opposition by December 2004, he was given his first serious test in faded former titleholder Dingaan Thobela. Normally a sturdy opponent who can take a lot of blows, Thobela gave up after four rounds during which he could not mount any offense under Bute's combinations. Last February, Lucian Bute got his first regional title, winning the NABF light heavyweight title in a 4th round KO of Carl Handy in Quebec City.

In March, he faced Christian Cruz for the vacant NABA super middleweight title. Cruz, a good young fighter who was the first to upset Enrique Ornelas, showed tremendous heart, rising from the canvas four times. However, Bute had the best fight of his young career, showing excellent stamina as he managed to stop Cruz late into the 12th round.

In order to keep him busy and also giving him home exposure, Interbox gave Lucian Bute a homecoming fight in his hometown of Galati, Romania. Despite poor on-site attendance due to prohibitive ticket prices, his bout with Donnie McCrary had most of Romania tuning in. The result was predictable, as McCrary was knocked down three times and stopped by a bodyshot in Round 4.

In June, he fought Jose Spearman in Montreal in the most difficult fight of his career so far. Though he was never wobbled, Bute needed time to figure out his opponent, dropping a round on the scorecards for the first time in his career. And he narrowly avoided disqualification when he knocked down Spearman after the bell ending Round 4. Penalized two points, Lucian Bute nonetheless had taken the advantage and beat down Spearman on his way to an 8th round KO.

Thread Information