Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will Floyd's personal life be affected if he lost to Pac?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How will Floyd's personal life be affected if he lost to Pac?

It's fairly obvious that Floyd is emotionally fragile and hides behind his money and fame to block out his own frailties.

Now that he's built this aura of invincibility, how would losing this fight affect his life, especially given the fact that he has a clear history of emotional and physical wreckage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How will Floyd's personal life be affected if he lost to Pac?

He will be fine because his bank roll will get even fatter. If floyd lost, they will have an immediate rematch which would be the biggest rematch bout in the history of boxing.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He will need to be on suicide watch.

His entire self esteem has been based on maintaining his coddled "0" for so long now, he would not know how to handle defeat.

I just don't think he is one who could pick up the pieces and forge himself into something better.

As for the loss of A side income coupled with his outrageous spending, he will be broke in a month, no more cars, no more live in hookers... That hotel room window will be looking pretty good for self taught flying lessons, just saying.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

jon09 Guest

He will be taunted his whole life. And when the money runs out that is when it will sink in.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    It's fairly obvious that Floyd is emotionally fraggile and hides behind his money and fame to block out his own frailties.

Now that he's built this aura of invincibility, how would losing this fight affect his life, especially given the fact that he has a clear history of emotional and physical wreckage?
    Haha! I don't think Floyd is anywhere near as fragile as you seem to think. Stop and think for a minute about what this guy has done with his life, and what he has built.
    He does have a problem with anger management as far as women are concerned, but I don't think that's because he's weak mentally or emotionally.
    Truthfully, I don't like Floyd. I don't care for his money man image, his to hell with what everyone thinks attitude, his treatment of women, and a few other things not worth mentioning.
    If you really can't see a tough minded person behind all the BS with a sprinkling of genius in what he has accomplished, you should take another look.
    Myself, I wonder what Floyd dreams about at night. After all the flack and BS he's taken about Manny, does he dream, with a smile on his face, about Manny's head on a stick at his front gate? Maybe he dreams about Manny's smiling head chasing him from room to room through one of his huge estates!
    Hey, he has to dream about something once in a while.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His harem might be thinned out by 2-3%.
    Who knows.... some chicks may be turned on by the "invincible" mystique, and they figure they could find willing, millionaire athletes elsewhere.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The worst part of Floyds career is that he could have beaten ANYONE.

But chose not to take the ricky/very hard fights.

Tarnished him a little in my eyes.

The best thing that can happen to him is to lose to Pacquiao and come back to beat him, then win the rubber.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it would lead his life into a steep decline. He'd gamble away his fortune, turn to drugs, and end up buried in the desert after failing to pay his debts.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO he isn't weak mentally at all, so he handles it with little problems...but unlikely it will occur.

I think he is self-centered, egotistical, narcissistic, narrow minded, shallow, vein, superficial.

But no man to my knowledge can exist in his dwellings of the 50cents, punk azz rappers to strippers & abstain from drugs, alcohol, bad food without having superior WILL power.

I think of when Zab Judah rabbit punched him as well as the family jewels. His uncle Roger got ghetto, everyone went berzerk...but if you listen right before they allowed the fight to continue Floyd can be heard saying :they aint gonna fuck my money up.

That makes me think Floyd is a pretty strong-willed man.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wont loose so it wont happen.

He's worth 300 million.

Floyd has clearly shown you can leave a massive organisation like Top rank and make it work for yourself and be the the highest paid athlete on earth..(pac should have left)

That alone is a massive blueprint for every boxer to follow.

Everyone will say that this fighter never fought this fighter so he isn't this or that!

Name a fighter that fought everyone you wanted him to and still remained undefeated..jeeez.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

He's worth 300 million.

Floyd has clearly shown you can leave a massive organisation like Top rank and make it work for yourself and be the the highest paid athlete on earth..(pac should have left)

Everyone will say that this fighter never fought this fighter so he isn't this or that!

Name a fighter that fought everyone you wanted him to and still remained undefeated..jeeez.
    Slap yourself please.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post

He's worth 300 million.

Slap yourself please.
    Only after you be honest with yourself.

There will always be a fighter in the history of boxing that everyone is entirely not happy with!!

Joe calzaghe is a superb boxer but look at the endless mumbling/rumours of fighters he should have fought and gets discredited for..open your eyes!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It could get real bad for Floyd. Many Americans clown him already for ducking Pac. Losing to Pac would shut any support he has left down and intensify floyd getting clowned even harder. Especially if he was to lose by knockout.

Some of his boys already turned on him. 50cent said floyd ducks Pac cause floyd can fight bums for good money and no risk.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's worth 300 million.

I knew you would come in to be the defender of truth a justice!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's worth 300 million.

Everyone has distractors, haters. Floyd imo relishes it. He handled his loss as an Olympian/amateur well. And wasn't anywhere mature then.
    Pac has a really good punchers chance, yet his inability to knockout Bradley, Rios, JMM,heck he bludgeoned Rito and couldn't get what mosley got against him.
    so it is against the odds Floyd becoming a China chin... then have a nervous breakdown.

Thread Information