Boxing Forums



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Keith Thurman next fight..

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,898
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    905
    Cool Clicks

    Default Keith Thurman next fight..

    So he says he wants to fight in November...really?!

    Who would you want to see Keith "Quite a few times" Thurman fight next.?

    Porter? Khan? Pac? Brook/Spence?

    Give your reason for each choice..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    62,627
    Mentioned
    1632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2938
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Keith Thurman next fight..

    I want Thurman to fight and beat Floyd. Thurman is regarded as the best at the weight right now, earned his status by beating the best welterweight, Floyd is old and been out of the ring and this makes the fight interesting and tough challenge.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,367
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    619
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Keith Thurman next fight..

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I want Thurman to fight and beat Floyd. Thurman is regarded as the best at the weight right now, earned his status by beating the best welterweight, Floyd is old and been out of the ring and this makes the fight interesting and tough challenge.
    @RuThLesSRocco, Here we have the TRUTH! you actually WANT , no NEED Floyd to fight again! You supposedly hate the guy, but you bring his name up at every opportunity , despite the fact the guy is RETIRED! it just don't make sense. if you hated him as much as you claim to, you should be chuffed to bits that he's no longer around and you don't have to talk about him. anyway, I digress from the OP. I will post my answer when I have a bit more time later.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    62,627
    Mentioned
    1632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2938
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Keith Thurman next fight..

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I want Thurman to fight and beat Floyd. Thurman is regarded as the best at the weight right now, earned his status by beating the best welterweight, Floyd is old and been out of the ring and this makes the fight interesting and tough challenge.
    @RuThLesSRocco, Here we have the TRUTH! you actually WANT , no NEED Floyd to fight again! You supposedly hate the guy, but you bring his name up at every opportunity , despite the fact the guy is RETIRED! it just don't make sense. if you hated him as much as you claim to, you should be chuffed to bits that he's no longer around and you don't have to talk about him. anyway, I digress from the OP. I will post my answer when I have a bit more time later.
    I hope you win the bet as I would love for Floyd to never fight again.

    However I know he will come back because he is an egotistical maniac and I do not want him handpicking a fight against someone who has never boxed professionally. I would love for Floyd to be silly enough to try and fight GGG but he is not that stupid. However there is a very remote possibility that even he would not want to beat a novice for his 50th and the best and most realistic test for him would be Thurman.

    Just saying.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,898
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    905
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Keith Thurman next fight..

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I want Thurman to fight and beat Floyd. Thurman is regarded as the best at the weight right now, earned his status by beating the best welterweight, Floyd is old and been out of the ring and this makes the fight interesting and tough challenge.
    Your hate for mayweather may be hazardous to your health.

    He will never loose and is filthy rich.

    50-0 coming up very soon..just accept it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    62,627
    Mentioned
    1632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2938
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Keith Thurman next fight..

    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I want Thurman to fight and beat Floyd. Thurman is regarded as the best at the weight right now, earned his status by beating the best welterweight, Floyd is old and been out of the ring and this makes the fight interesting and tough challenge.
    Your hate for mayweather may be hazardous to your health.

    He will never loose and is filthy rich.

    50-0 coming up very soon..just accept it.
    It should not count if it is McGregor and makes Floyd look like the plastic ATG that he is.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gotham/Batcave
    Posts
    5,857
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    519
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Keith Thurman next fight..

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I want Thurman to fight and beat Floyd. Thurman is regarded as the best at the weight right now, earned his status by beating the best welterweight, Floyd is old and been out of the ring and this makes the fight interesting and tough challenge.
    Your hate for mayweather may be hazardous to your health.

    He will never loose and is filthy rich.

    50-0 coming up very soon..just accept it.
    It should not count if it is McGregor and makes Floyd look like the plastic ATG that he is.
    Woah hold your hosses there Master, are you saying that if Mayweather fights McGregor then it doesn't count therefore also meaning that you have lost the bet?

    I believe you may want to record that statement before I get my legal eagles on the case to rewrite the terms and conditions of the contract.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,605
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    552
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Keith Thurman next fight..

    If he doesn't fight until November, he should fight the winner of the Brook Spence fight. It makes no sense why he is waiting so long to fight though. He is extremely inactive. There is no reason he shouldn't fight at least 3 times a year at this point of his career.

    I wouldn't mind a porter rematch. Then the winner fights Spence (who will beat Brook).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    62,627
    Mentioned
    1632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2938
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I want Thurman to fight and beat Floyd. Thurman is regarded as the best at the weight right now, earned his status by beating the best welterweight, Floyd is old and been out of the ring and this makes the fight interesting and tough challenge.
    Your hate for mayweather may be hazardous to your health.

    He will never loose and is filthy rich.

    50-0 coming up very soon..just accept it.
    It should not count if it is McGregor and makes Floyd look like the plastic ATG that he is.
    Woah hold your hosses there Master, are you saying that if Mayweather fights McGregor then it doesn't count therefore also meaning that you have lost the bet?

    I believe you may want to record that statement before I get my legal eagles on the case to rewrite the terms and conditions of the contract.
    It does count, i am saying it should not, but it will.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,367
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    619
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I want Thurman to fight and beat Floyd. Thurman is regarded as the best at the weight right now, earned his status by beating the best welterweight, Floyd is old and been out of the ring and this makes the fight interesting and tough challenge.
    Your hate for mayweather may be hazardous to your health.

    He will never loose and is filthy rich.

    50-0 coming up very soon..just accept it.
    It should not count if it is McGregor and makes Floyd look like the plastic ATG that he is.
    Woah hold your hosses there Master, are you saying that if Mayweather fights McGregor then it doesn't count therefore also meaning that you have lost the bet?

    I believe you may want to record that statement before I get my legal eagles on the case to rewrite the terms and conditions of the contract.
    Like it Batman, good work! 😂👍

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,898
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    905
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Keith Thurman next fight..

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    If he doesn't fight until November, he should fight the winner of the Brook Spence fight. It makes no sense why he is waiting so long to fight though. He is extremely inactive. There is no reason he shouldn't fight at least 3 times a year at this point of his career.

    I wouldn't mind a porter rematch. Then the winner fights Spence (who will beat Brook).
    I agree with the diva part.

    Watching another Porter fight will hurt my brain..

    I like Brook and Spence but would like Spence to win so he can fight Thurman.

    I give kudos to Thurman for beating an undefeated Garcia but would love to see Khan, Pac or Spence as his next opponent.

    If any of us were Thurman it would make financial sense to get a Pac or Khan fight for a massive payday.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,367
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    619
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Keith Thurman next fight..

    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    So he says he wants to fight in November...really?!

    Who would you want to see Keith "Quite a few times" Thurman fight next.?

    Porter? Khan? Pac? Brook/Spence?

    Give your reason for each choice..
    Porter - he got beat fair and square first time round, but he's earnt the right to a rematch, so if it's Porter, we can't argue I suppose.
    Khan - why? Because Khan begged him? Khan is irrelevant and isn't anywhere near as big in the US as he thinks he is. (Any Americans please correct me if I'm wrong.)
    Pac - fun fight, out with the old, in with the new.........but it'll never happen.
    Brook - This all depends on who wins between Brook and Spence. But I reckon this is why Thurman has given himself till November. Plenty of time for both parties to make a megabucks fight. Obviously Thurman would hope for Spence to win as it means a guaranteed US Fight.
    Spence - As above really.
    So ideally , a unification against the winner of Brook/Spence would be great, and 2017 has started to see some decent matchups , but something tells me this will "Marinate" for a while.
    For the record, I reckon Brook AND Spence would beat Thurman as I think atm they're 1 & 2 in the division. We'll soon find out the order they're in.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,742
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    425
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Keith Thurman next fight..

    If Thurman is going to wait until November then the Brook/ Spence winner should be the natural fight. Pac is probably the fight Keith wants as it is against a future HOF fighter and the payday would be one of the biggest. He'd possibly go for Khan ahead of Porter again as Porter is a taxing fight for anyone.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,980
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    560
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Keith Thurman next fight..

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    So he says he wants to fight in November...really?!

    Who would you want to see Keith "Quite a few times" Thurman fight next.?

    Porter? Khan? Pac? Brook/Spence?

    Give your reason for each choice..
    Porter - he got beat fair and square first time round, but he's earnt the right to a rematch, so if it's Porter, we can't argue I suppose.
    Khan - why? Because Khan begged him? Khan is irrelevant and isn't anywhere near as big in the US as he thinks he is. (Any Americans please correct me if I'm wrong.)
    Pac - fun fight, out with the old, in with the new.........but it'll never happen.
    Brook - This all depends on who wins between Brook and Spence. But I reckon this is why Thurman has given himself till November. Plenty of time for both parties to make a megabucks fight. Obviously Thurman would hope for Spence to win as it means a guaranteed US Fight.
    Spence - As above really.
    So ideally , a unification against the winner of Brook/Spence would be great, and 2017 has started to see some decent matchups , but something tells me this will "Marinate" for a while.
    For the record, I reckon Brook AND Spence would beat Thurman as I think atm they're 1 & 2 in the division. We'll soon find out the order they're in.
    I think Thurman is praying Brook wins. Way more money in a Brook fight than a Spence fight. Way more. And Keith doesn't like it to the body and Spence kills the body. Add in we've seen Keith hurt by lighter hitting southpaws.

    It's an interesting dynamic. I think Brook is the worst matchup for Spence, I think Spence is the worst matchup for Thurman and I can't decide who is the worst matchup for Brook. But I have Spence over Brook.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    43,642
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4952
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Keith Thurman next fight..

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If Thurman is going to wait until November then the Brook/ Spence winner should be the natural fight. Pac is probably the fight Keith wants as it is against a future HOF fighter and the payday would be one of the biggest. He'd possibly go for Khan ahead of Porter again as Porter is a taxing fight for anyone.
    It was weird hearing Thurman mention Manny the other night with Spence sitting right next to him. Just don't think ol Arum will ever cash that Manny card out. The lead to a random Jeff Horn has been like passing a stone in how they finally arrived at it. He's also screwed with mandatory in Porter rematch imo. Cannot think of many rematches I'd like to see less . Think it all rides on Brook and Spence with Thurman in spectator role for now, even coming off his biggest win.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Keith Thurman
    By Dark Lord Al in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-12-2015, 12:06 AM
  2. Keith Thurman...wtf was that?
    By Spicoli in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-25-2014, 03:47 PM
  3. Keith Thurman is a dummy!
    By ykdadamaja in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-03-2014, 08:45 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 08:05 AM
  5. Keith Thurman?!? If You Was Al Haymon . . .
    By Ant Live in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 03:54 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Forum | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Saddo Boxing - Boxing