41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Muhammad Ali to Lead the parade at Olympic openings

http://www.boxingscene.com/muhammad-ali-lead-parade-olympics-opening--55349

What a guy !
    Last edited by Tam Seddon; 07-25-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Muhammad Ali to Lead the parade at Olympic openings the

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post

What a guy !
    I'm probably going to weep watching that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Muhammad Ali to Lead the parade at Olympic openings

Love Ali

But what a waste of money

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a guy !
    Here's the correct way to post that link:

Muhammad Ali To Lead Parade at The Olympics Opening - Boxing News

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

What a guy !

Im on the iPhone, sorry about that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a guy !

It's all good bro, I didn't know if you knew..

I think it's time for some of the people who still show animosity towards Ali to give it a rest. The man has tried his best to make amends over the years for the indiscretions of his youth. He's sick, frail, and likely doesn't have much longer to live, leading the Parade at The Olympics in London could be his way of saying goodby to all of us.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a guy !

I think it's time for some of the people who still show animosity towards Ali to give it a rest. The man has tried his best to make amends over the years for the indiscretions of his youth. He's sick, frail, and likely doesn't have much longer to live, leading the Parade at The Olympics in London could be his way of saying goodby to all of us.
    People always forget the times he grew up in and how he was treated..The man is probably the greatest sportsman to have ever lived for the way he transcended sports.

I do think this will be a sad day though. The last time he made a public appearance at an event was a baseball game and it was quite heartbreaking to see the state he was in. Do a google search for "Ali baseball game" and you should see the video.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post

What a guy !

People always forget the times he grew up in and how he was treated..The man is probably the greatest sportsman to have ever lived for the way he transcended sports.

I do think this will be a sad day though. The last time he made a public appearance at an event was a baseball game and it was quite heartbreaking to see the state he was in. Do a google search for "Ali baseball game" and you should see the video.
    Poor cassius making all those millions, travelling the world and wailing about white devils...

I think a woman working 3 jobs to support her family and save their home is more of a Super Star than a sports figure.
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 07-26-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is good. I remember watching he and Holyfield open the 96' games and that was quality. People who dog him need to get the fook on with living. If we are all held in judgment for the self righteousness and boisterous stubbornness of our youth when we are elderly and frail counting down our days decades later...let the line form to the right!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whenever the subject of Ali comes up, I always think of Joe Frazier.... and of how sad it is that Joe never found it in his heart to finally forgive Ali for all the insults back in the 70's. Maybe I'm wrong... but Joe seemed to find some satisfaction in Ali's condition and probably hinted at how he (Frazier) had at least partially caused that. How sad it must be to go to your grave still holding a mega-grudge like that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Whenever the subject of Ali comes up, I always think of Joe Frazier.... and of how sad it is that Joe never found it in his heart to finally forgive Ali for all the insults back in the 70's. Maybe I'm wrong... but Joe seemed to find some satisfaction in Ali's condition and probably hinted at how he (Frazier) had at least partially caused that. How sad it must be to go to your grave still holding a mega-grudge like that.
    I can understand why Frazier might have hated Ali and held a grudge, but i'm pretty sure Joe had all but forgiven Ali in his final years. That's just my take, forgave, but didn't forget.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post

What a guy !

Poor cassius making all those millions, travelling the world and wailing about white devils...

I think a woman working 3 jobs to support her family and save their home is more of a Super Star than a sports figure.
    Firstly, relax yourself and understand that you're thinking with your 2012 head on. Imagine being called a N***er regularly, your parents not being given the same opportunities as others and looked at as second class citizens as well as not being able to get a seat at restaurant even when you've won a gold medal? Shit, I'd be bitter and call my families oppressors "devils" too.

I have no idea what your second sentences relevance was to what I said? I stated, "The man is probably the greatest sportsman to have ever lived for the way he transcended sports."

I feel that's a fair statement. Where does a woman working 3 jobs come into this? In context of what I said, are you then saying this woman is a bigger sports star than Ali? You make no sense..again, relax, breathe deep and think about it.

There is no doubt in my mind that he was a great, great man though. Refusing to go to war in Vietnam makes him a war hero to me. He was right all along and the atrocities commited in that war are still plain to see today in Vietnam. A real war hero refuses to partake in the act in my book.

He is a polarizing figure, no doubt. Everyone has their own wildly varying opinion of him.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It wasn't a grudge based on some perceived injustice, it was a result of Ali's classless behaviour. For a relatively cosseted Black man from a middle class neighbourhood to call a another Black guy who came from real poverty a Gorilla and Uncle Tom shows a remarkable lack of empathy. Joe's kids coming home in tears because everyone at school had called their Daddy a Gorilla really brings home that callousness. Years later and you are patronizingly pitying Joe for not forgiving Ali.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The N word is a rife on the vast majority of mainstream music CD's eminating from the united states!

My parents were not given any opportunities, they worked hard and forced open doors that were slamed in there faces! They now run there own successful business yet both grew up on council estates! Try being working class in england and then tell me you dont have to struggle to really make it!

Lets not pretend that ali was some unjustly treated slave, he was raised happily and healthily in a quaint town and nurtured by numerous white men like i.e angelo dundee and the community police officer that introduced him to boxing was black! Hardly an ill treated child lacking black role models was he?

I don't mean to be mean spirited but i don't buy the mass media hyperbole that surrounds ali, he's far from the greatest sportsman ever, he's not even the greatest sportsman in his sport or his division! Most ppl, don't even know who boxers charley burley, teofilio stevenson, laszlo papp or harry greb even are! Most 'famous' sportsman ever yes but certainly not the greatest in the sense that i measure them by. I wish him well though and he is a legend no doubt.
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 07-27-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post

What a guy !

Firstly, relax yourself and understand that you're thinking with your 2012 head on. Imagine being called a N***er regularly, your parents not being given the same opportunities as others and looked at as second class citizens as well as not being able to get a seat at restaurant even when you've won a gold medal? Shit, I'd be bitter and call my families oppressors "devils" too.

I have no idea what your second sentences relevance was to what I said? I stated, "The man is probably the greatest sportsman to have ever lived for the way he transcended sports."

I feel that's a fair statement. Where does a woman working 3 jobs come into this? In context of what I said, are you then saying this woman is a bigger sports star than Ali? You make no sense..again, relax, breathe deep and think about it.

There is no doubt in my mind that he was a great, great man though. Refusing to go to war in Vietnam makes him a war hero to me. He was right all along and the atrocities commited in that war are still plain to see today in Vietnam. A real war hero refuses to partake in the act in my book.

He is a polarizing figure, no doubt. Everyone has their own wildly varying opinion of him.
    Ali has prematurely aged, he's frail, his body has been ravaged by pugilistic dementia and he probably doesn't have long to live.
    Love him or hate him, Ali is a hero/icon to many all over the world, and the great old champion deserves respect at this stage of his life.

Thread Information