Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazier

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This scumbag deliberately tortured Ernie Terrell and Floyd Patterson in the ring when he could have knocked both of those guys out six or seven or eight rounds earlier in the fight. He deliberately string them along and pulled back on his punches to inflict the maximum amount of torture and to allow the fighter to continue going without actually stopping the fighter. This is completely unsportsmanlike and when you add to the fact that people who sat in the first row and people who are near the microphone were appalled and disgusted by ali's use of the N word 2 Floyd Patterson and Ernie Terrell as well as to Joe Frazier George Foreman Ken Norton and Larry Holmes who all said that all these curses and his rampant and constant use of the N word and the F word was so shocking that it was disgusting in there at times to be in with a person shouting those obscenities during the fight.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Probably about the same time that the world's butt hurt for people like Adolf Hitler will be cured
    Hardly interchangeable are they? Brockton / Bill.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Probably about the same time that the world's butt hurt for people like Adolf Hitler will be cured
    Muhammad Ali

It's easy to become famous. All you have to do is behave like a 'Fucking Ass-Hole'.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

Ali is famous for what he did in the ring and what he achieved is untouchable.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Not comparing the specific individuals per se. I'm saying that when people perceive something to be evil, they will probably never "get over it". Its a subjective call per the individual. Bill's and my perception of the depth of the hurt and emotional damage and the intentional cruelty of Ali towards Frazier and other blacks is that it falls into the category of evil. There are varying degrees of evil. But evil is evil.

That was the meaning of what I wrote, Beanz. Not what you may have had in mind.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Muhammad Ali

When he called Joe Frazier 'The Gorilla' >

He called 'all' dark-skinned African-Americans a 'Gorilla'.

There was more to it than just calling Smokin' Joe that.

Muhammad was letting all the black people know, that he {and only he} was the only Black man
    that could be with, and deal with 'Whitey'.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Paxtom View Post
    Muhammad Ali

When he called Joe Frazier 'The Gorilla' >

He called 'all' dark-skinned African-Americans a 'Gorilla'.

There was more to it than just calling Smokin' Joe that.

Muhammad was letting all the black people know, that he {and only he} was the only Black man
    that could be with, and deal with 'Whitey'.
    Not only that Bill but on a psychiatric level it also reveals a bit of self hatred that Muhammad Ali had. Why would a black American who is championing black power and black rights have to call other black people who are in his very own profession monkey and gorilla and beast and bear and Uncle Tom ? And very poor ----Joe Frazier's parents were sharecroppers. Sharecroppers were basically one little tiny step above slaves. Why would he have to call him denigrating remarks and compare him to animals like gorillas and call him ugly and make fun of the shape of his nose and make fun of the shape of his ears and pretending that he alone Muhammad Ali was so beautiful and his face was so pretty.?
    He called Sonny Liston an ugly bear he made fun of Archie Moore and Ernie Terrell he called Floyd Patterson a rabbit he called George Foreman a mummy and made fun of the way he walk. This f****** hypocrite went to Africa where he was supposed to be champion in black rights and to connect with his black roots and all he could do was make fun of his fellow blacks with denigrating and cruel depictions like gorillas and monkey and Uncle Tom and n*****.
    This was one f***** up and confused individual who had plenty of hate in his heart towards himself and his own people. He is a disgrace and he should never be remembered for championing human rights or black power at all.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

~ The Muhammad Ali ~

Was a self absorbed hypocrite.

An interesting item, is that at the beginning of the 'Thrilla in Manila' promotional tour,
    Smokin' Joe was not at all upset about the 'Gorilla' moniker.

Smokin' Joe accepted it as a 'gimmick' to get the ball rolling.

But then 'The Scum Bag' took it too far, and would not let up.

Look at 'The Scum Bag' trying to be funny for the left-wing 'Scum Bagger' media.

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 10-11-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ACTUALLY Muhammad Ali was the Uncle Tom if anybody was.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    And, the 'Left-Wing' Media

When the 'Scum Bag' Muhammad Ali made this statement, and gestured to punch out a Gorilla Toy.

They all 'Fucking' laughed.

Not one, a single one, had the 'balls' to call out Muhammad Ali.

The 'hypocrite' Mother Fuckers.

Even Howard Cosell licked Ali's ass-hole.

Oh Muhammad > "Please Shit In My Mouth".

Ive got one question Bill Have you ever met Ali & have you ever met Joe Frazier
    I'd bet the answer to both is NO!!!! When I met Ali I got lucky enough to be still around when the crowd had gone. Ali's demeanor changed dramatically all the bragging & bravado was gone. He sat there showing 3 young kids magic tricks like a favourite uncle. I also met and talked to Joe in Dallas at a black tie dinner at the Wyndham Anatole Boxing was the cabaret lol I was sat by Joe Frazier, Earnie Shavers & The Bronx Bull Jake La Motta. I didn't get the 5 course dinner they did though lol Both Joe & Earnie agreed Ali was dynamite in the ring and they had great respect for him
    C/J. Rock,

The answer to your question is ......... YES, I have met them both, and several times.

Now, what is the next question ?

Sorry I do not believe you or you would never say the things you do. Like Master said We would all love to know what Ali did to you to incite such hatred
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate him too. Joe Frazier's children were bullied for 3 years in school because Ali kept accusing Joe of being an Uncle Tom. In '72 Frazier had asked him to stop for the safety of his kids but Ali just continued with the uncle tom stuff. It was NOT to sell fights.

Frazier lent Ali shitload of money in 1970 AND helped him reinstate his boxing license.

Ali thanked him by publicly calling him "a flat-nosed ignorant Negro" then on TV "a flat-nosed pug".

Later that same month with Howard Cosell he mocked Joe Frazier's ears and nose and made fun of him and said his ears were like a deformity because they were not even and one was hanging lower than the other one.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ali is famous for what he did in the ring and what he achieved is untouchable.
    Yes, he was a great fighter and he changed boxing in some good ways and some bad ways. My question has always been, "Why did he have to be such a prick while doing it?"
    One small example. When Ali KO'ed Foreman, he could have said, "We outsmarted him!", "We had a better plan.", or "He couldn't take the heat." Instead it was all about 'Rope a Dope'. This was post fight, so please don't talk to me about fight hype. Just one small example added to many others, before and after, have left me with a healthy dislike for Ali.
    Master, I see pictures of Ali setting in his wheelchair, withered and probably suffering and I don't feel an ounce of compassion for the man. I am not proud or ashamed.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel EXACTLY the same.

Fuck 'em.

Somebody give that Parkinson's patient some dopamine or somethin'!

(" somebody give that old Negro a pension or something"

-- Muhammad Ali about Archie Moore before their fight)

If it was fair game then and awfully funny then it sure is now too!

We're gonna name Muhammad Ali "The Shaker"--
    No I got a better one how about "The Mumbler".

Yeah that's it: the Mumbler in the Jungler!

@Bill Paxtom

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali is the greatest heavyweight ever and he gave us some of the greatest fights and moments in history.

All your hate will never take that away.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ali is the greatest heavyweight ever and he gave us some of the greatest fights and moments in history.

All your hate will never take that away.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the above statement.

Thread Information