Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If I were Pacquiao

Last night's decision for Bradley has pretty much killed my interest in boxing. That was a straight up mob orchestrated payoff/fix in Vegas. The "outfit" is alive and well, I imagine they made millions off the 4-1 odds. Everyone else can think what they want, but there's no way Bradley came even close to winning that fight last night.

If I were Pacquiao, i'd tell boxing it can fuck off and never lace up another pair.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 06-10-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If I were Pacquiao

Maybe we should be looking at it another way. Maybe what we need is one or two more incredibly ridiculous decisions, so that even the casual fan and those on the fringes of boxing sit up and take notice. Hopefully the outrage would be so much that someone with some power would actually take some meaningful steps to fix this shit. Hell... I don't know. A sense of desperation is starting to come over me and I hope over a lot of other longtime boxing fans. The sport is killing itself... and the majority of us feel helpless in what the hell to do about it.

Lately, fans and forums such as these have been reduced to hand-wringing and "oh dear me... what a terrible decision", and then in a week it's all forgotten and on to the next robbery/fight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If I were Pacquiao

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Maybe we should be looking at it another way. Maybe what we need is one or two more incredibly ridiculous decisions, so that even the casual fan and those on the fringes of boxing sit up and take notice. Hopefully the outrage would be so much that someone with some power would actually take some meaningful steps to fix this shit. Hell... I don't know. A sense of desperation is starting to come over me and I hope over a lot of other longtime boxing fans. The sport is killing itself... and the majority of us feel helpless in what the hell to do about it.

Lately, fans and forums such as these have been reduced to hand-wringing and "oh dear me... what a terrible decision", and then in a week it's all forgotten and on to the next robbery/fight.
    I can't say i'll stop watch boxing, but this decision pretty much has killed/ruined my interest in it for the time being.
    It's like you can't watch a fight anymore without wondering if the fix isn't in, or the boxing commission, judges or ref isn't totally incompetent. Boxing has gone in the toilet.

Like I said, I hope Pacquiao tells boxing to fuck off, he's way too good of a human being and a fighter to deserve this shit.

Thread Information