Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Another great article on MAXBOXING regarding Doping in Boxing

Simple Truths

Another thing that caught my eye is that this is the second time I've read about a possible mayweather testing positive and the result being covered up. I have no idea what to think of that, I won't jump on any conclusions. However read the rest of the article as it is somewhat saddening.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couldn't find it on that site but Kim is an Arum puppet, so take everything written by him with a grain of salt, this is a guy who criticized Ward for weight draining his opponent after defending Manny for years.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Another great article on MAXBOXING regarding Doping in Boxing

Well you are right about bias reporting, however the fallout between GBP and VADA was well documented and well they handled it poorly that's for sure.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    Well you are right about bias reporting, however the fallout between GBP and VADA was well documented and well they handled it poorly that's for sure.
    I don't know about the biased reporting allegations, but Gabriel Montoya is the author of this piece.

It is clear USADA does not test for testosterone in the correct way. Also, USADA dropped the ball big time with Morales-Garcia. In my opinion, VADA is the best drug testing agency.

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are a lot of really good points made in the article. The idea that it should be dismissed and ignored because someone who writes for the same site once criticised Ward is symptomatic of a deep malaise that runs through boxing. We might not have any power to influence huge corporations, sanctioning bodies and corrupt individuals who have too many vested interests to implement strict testing, but there is nothing wrong with educating yourself. Having your eyes open while someone tries to distract you with smoke and mirrors at least allows you to realise that this is the entertainment business also and not just an artform and sport. It's sad, It's sad, it's a sad sad situation, and it's getting more and more absurd.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please I read this guys twitter while looking for the article he despises Floyd and Ellerbe, the truth is Manny turned down testing Floyd has embraced it while Manny and his sympathizers said testing was for chickens than cried for testing when it worked to his advantage. Max boxing is like Fight Hype they have a bias and they don't hide it.

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    Please I read this guys twitter while looking for the article he despises Floyd and Ellerbe, the truth is Manny turned down testing Floyd has embraced it while Manny and his sympathizers said testing was for chickens than cried for testing when it worked to his advantage. Max boxing is like Fight Hype they have a bias and they don't hide it.
    That is irrelevant. Even if you take Floyd Mayweather and Manny out of the picture the results are still very cloudy for boxing. When Peterson is allowed to retain his belt even after testing positive, and Morales can fight elsewhere after testing positive, and Olubamiwo has his four year ban revoked for grassing up a fellow doper then testing is quite obviously an unresolved issue in boxing.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    That is irrelevant. Even if you take Floyd Mayweather and Manny out of the picture the results are still very cloudy for boxing. When Peterson is allowed to retain his belt even after testing positive, and Morales can fight elsewhere after testing positive, and Olubamiwo has his four year ban revoked for grassing up a fellow doper then testing is quite obviously an unresolved issue in boxing.
    I don't think you can take Manny out of this picture, because to many people gave him passes. The system is a mess and that is a conversation but anything from Max Boxing is tainted and is not a place worth sighting, it's a step below Manny's buddy Skip Bayless writing this article after doing the chicken dance when Floyd asked for testing.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally had a chance to read the article and once again the sad case overall in this regard to boxing should not surprise anyone. If the operators had their way we would all be wearing togas.

They cant even stop glove shaving.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Montoya has been all over the PED story since the whole Floyd-Manny testing controversy started years ago. No other journalists apart from Thomas Hauser will go near the story except in the most general terms. Montoya is now banned from GBP events and it won't be long before Top Rank ban him too to stop him asking Arum difficult questions.

So far in all of boxing only one guy has volunteered to have year-round random testing despite the fact that VADA are offering it free to all fighters. Res ipsa loquitur.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    I don't think you can take Manny out of this picture, because to many people gave him passes. The system is a mess and that is a conversation but anything from Max Boxing is tainted and is not a place worth sighting, it's a step below Manny's buddy Skip Bayless writing this article after doing the chicken dance when Floyd asked for testing.
    This is completely wrong. What other reporters are doing as thorough a job as Garbiel Montoya for progressing the state of drug-testing in this sport? There aren't any. At some point, you are going to have to get over the Manny-Floyd-Pactard-Flomo mess that was two years ago.

As of now, there is only ONE boxer willing to do every day random drug testing and that is Nonito Donaire. He's the only boxer that has been completely transparent.

Thread Information