Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jury Duty

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Jury Duty

...I just got selected for jury duty today...I was in court from 8:30 til 5:00....now mind you I work for a law firm where I go to court anyways but I get paid significantly more than the $12 a day(yes a mother fucking day) the county is giving me for my time....I have to go back tomorrow, I'll be able to disclose more information at a later date as it wouldn't be in good taste to discuss the case right now but I will say.....

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN OR HEARD MORE WORTHLESS PEICES OF SHIT THAN THE PLANTIFF AND DEFENDANT AND THEIR WITNESSES!

music suggestion for the courtroom today [youtube=425,350]MEzQ8-wwggg[/youtube]

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jury Duty

AH hah a ha!!!

I just did jury duty on the 18th... last week (Monday)

It was my 1st time....

I had to go to the Compton Court House got there at 7:40 and it took me 15 min. to make it past the detectors and 15 min. to get on an elevator to go to the 2nd floor.... (Theres no stair ways in the court house)
    Sat in that big ass room and waited.... They put on 'Ghost Rider' on the Big Screen but I was soo far back the room the TV looked miniture... Anyway!! I was fwocken tired so I turned on my I-Pod and I reclined my chair and leaned against the wall and fell asleep.... So I slept from about 8:45 until around 11:30 when a lady shook me and told me they were calling my name (along with others) to go to room 11-D in the 10th floor. We take our asses to the 10th floor which took 10 min. get there stand outside the court room until 12:15 and then this lady walks out and says leave to lunch and return after lunch here. WTF? we stood there like idiots all this time... We left to lunch (Cafetiria food sucks ass it's probably as worst as Jail food) I walked up and asked the lady "Excuse me whats that?" she said "Potatoes" she then grabs the spoon and scoops it around as to make it look appealing to me.......
    WTF? That shit! looked like yams....
    I buy a bagel and a OJ...
    We go back to the court room and stand outside for like about 1 hr and a half... They call us in and we do the whole right hand up then they start calling the 20 names up to the jury seats... Guess whos the last name they call in seat #20? My ass....
    Hello your honor my names _________
    I'm single
    No kids
    I work ________
    I have been a victim of a crime and I have been a witness of a crime.

This case was a drug charge.... SO the judge, DA and Plaitiffs lawery cross examen you with question after question the questions are to make sure that the person being charged is getting a fair trial and that your NOT in favor of the law nore are you in favor of the person being charged. At 3:00 they took a recess for 10 min. we came back in the room and all of a sudden they called off the bench 3 people the judge told them thank you for yout time your services are no longer needed. Then he tells me to go over the answer to one of the questions I answered earlier I did. The judge DA and the lawyer huddled up and talked they then turned around asked another person to go over a question she had answered they huddled up again. They all went back to their seats the judge then told me and that other person to stand up and told us we should be proud, and thank you for our time but our services were no longer needed. Sat in the court room until 4:25 answering questions.... and all that...

Here in Cal. you get 15 dlls. a day BUT only on from the 2nd day and on... NOT on the 1st day (The co. I work for pays JD days)
    Good thing is I don't have to worry about this for another year IF that...

By the way Lyle loving the choice of music.....
    I had my I-Pod with me so I had it on most of the time... I watched all the fights I have on my I-Pod...

El Kabong Guest

...you're going to shit yourself laughing once I tell you about the case....TOTAL waste of time and taxpayer dollars.

It would be best if both guys were shot and I was put out of the misery of hearing them talk or even looking at them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    ...I just got selected for jury duty today...I was in court from 8:30 til 5:00....now mind you I work for a law firm where I go to court anyways but I get paid significantly more than the $12 a day(yes a mother fucking day) the county is giving me for my time....I have to go back tomorrow, I'll be able to disclose more information at a later date as it wouldn't be in good taste to discuss the case right now but I will say.....

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN OR HEARD MORE WORTHLESS PEICES OF SHIT THAN THE PLANTIFF AND DEFENDANT AND THEIR WITNESSES!

damn u guys get5 ripped off in the USA!
    in australia the government pay you $80 a day for jury duty plus free breakfast lunch and dinner
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

El Kabong Guest

.....and how much are taxes there

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Troy McClure

damn u guys get5 ripped off in the USA!
    in australia the government pay you $80 a day for jury duty plus free breakfast lunch and dinner
    They keep you over night? WTF?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did a two week of dury service during the world cup last year.

Was so shocked and disgusted to find the case was for 14 counts of sexual abuse.

Some ol perve had been messin with his two daughters and an elder step daughter
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish i got called in to do jury duty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i say fuck jury duty

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can you get out of jury duty?

I'd absolutely hate to be called, would bore the pants off of me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Can you get out of jury duty?

I'd absolutely hate to be called, would bore the pants off of me

When they start asking questions about yourself just give them answers you know they do not want to hear.

El Kabong Guest

OK here's what happened the PLANTIFF (crackhead, ex-con....real class act) got mad at his buddy (who paid rent with free drugs and so on) and his buddies friends and asked them to leave and there was an argument and the DEFENDANT leaves.

The Plantiff stays at the house peering through the window (like A CRACKHEAD) the Defendant comes back throws an UNLIT molitov cocktail through an already broken window and that's what I had to miss work for.....lousy bastards.

You can't think of a crime more fitting of 2 crackheads.....motherfucker, I was sooooo pissed off!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK here's what happened the PLANTIFF (crackhead, ex-con....real class act) got mad at his buddy (who paid rent with free drugs and so on) and his buddies friends and asked them to leave and there was an argument and the DEFENDANT leaves.

The Plantiff stays at the house peering through the window (like A CRACKHEAD) the Defendant comes back throws an UNLIT molitov cocktail through an already broken window and that's what I had to miss work for.....lousy bastards.

You can't think of a crime more fitting of 2 crackheads.....motherfucker, I was sooooo pissed off!
    I've always wondered about Molotov cocktails how you make one. Do you buy them off a seedy underworld sort who sells them out of the boot of his car or do you have to make them yourself?

What's in them?

And do they stick an umbrella in them before they throw them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couldn't you have gone for a a couple deferments or just bull shitted on the questionair? I'm not talking of an obvious lie like you don't speak English, I mean that you have obligations or important appointments. Write under comments that you have a poor elderly woman you have to look after, a funeral, or something like "Two of my friends are crackheads and I might be biased" As long as it looks legit you can get out of it in most cases, who knows maybe you can come up with a real legit reason.

You'll have plenty of opportunities to get out of it, even God forbid you decide to act like a complete idiot in doing so.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

I've always wondered about Molotov cocktails how you make one. Do you buy them off a seedy underworld sort who sells them out of the boot of his car or do you have to make them yourself?

What's in them?

And do they stick an umbrella in them before they throw them?
    It's a glass bottle filled with Gasoline with a rag as a fuse.

I guess it can be filled with anything that catches on fire. Maybe you can get a huge glass bottle and fill it with propane and make your own reenactment of Hiroshima... You could fill it with napalm if you have a friend who's a chemist at a big lab, it just depends on how insane you are.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Thread Information