Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Badgers

My old mate @VictorCharlie would eat those badgers after clipping 'em. Trust me.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The minister trying to justify the cull said they do the same thing in Australia, US, etc and shoot them and then control the numbers from there.
    I think he is telling lies mate, we dont have badgers out here, never seen one.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never heard of a badger cull but we don't get many in Texas. We do occasionally have beaver and nutria culls. For animals that aren't regularly hunted or have a healthy natural predator population the best thing for the overall health of ecosystem is a cull. GB let me know if you need my skills across the pond but I'm not sure how I'm going to get my rifle through customs. Oh and I'll probably never shoot another one but for now VC - 1 Bobcat - 0

Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    @IamInuit I realise they are an important part of the natural habitat but the maneged cull in the UK is to slow down the rapid increase in cases of Badgers passing on TB to cattle. I think if you care about animals then putting what people who don't know otherwise, and see as somehow cuddly creatures above 20 000 cows put down or killed by TB last year makes a mockery of the protesters claims to be interested in animal welfare. I live on the border of Devonshire and Cornwall which is pretty rural and full of wild moorland, woods and farms, surrounded by coast. If you are a farmer you can't afford to be sentimental.
    ha, you live on the Devonshire/Cornwall border?
    Yeah. I can see it across the water and take a boat, ferry or drive to it across the Tamar Bridge or I can drive across the moors and get there that way. I probably have as many friends in Cornwall as in Devon. We have a separate North and South coast unlike any other English county ( Cornwalls are Joined at Lands End ). We are just across the water from Breton which is quite different than the rest of France and share a common ancestry with many place names and words reflecting this. The Bretons, Cornish , Devonians and Welsh are basically the same crew originally and we used to be known as West Wales.
    youre almost french
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    The minister trying to justify the cull said they do the same thing in Australia, US, etc and shoot them and then control the numbers from there.
    I think master may mean New Zealand.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Greenbeanz is the beach as good for fossils as they say?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@IamInuit I realise they are an important part of the natural habitat but the maneged cull in the UK is to slow down the rapid increase in cases of Badgers passing on TB to cattle. I think if you care about animals then putting what people who don't know otherwise, and see as somehow cuddly creatures above 20 000 cows put down or killed by TB last year makes a mockery of the protesters claims to be interested in animal welfare. I live on the border of Devonshire and Cornwall which is pretty rural and full of wild moorland, woods and farms, surrounded by coast. If you are a farmer you can't afford to be sentimental.
    ha, you live on the Devonshire/Cornwall border?
    Yeah. I can see it across the water and take a boat, ferry or drive to it across the Tamar Bridge or I can drive across the moors and get there that way. I probably have as many friends in Cornwall as in Devon. We have a separate North and South coast unlike any other English county ( Cornwalls are Joined at Lands End ). We are just across the water from Breton which is quite different than the rest of France and share a common ancestry with many place names and words reflecting this. The Bretons, Cornish , Devonians and Welsh are basically the same crew originally and we used to be known as West Wales.
    youre almost french
    So says Eric the Viking.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember the facts are Badgers carry and spread TB, simple we have a large badger population,
    the larger the population more chance, there are of a greater number being infected and spreading
    TB.Weather you like in or not cattle that are infected, are slaughtered the meat does not go into the
    human food chain.

We must all remember nobody wants TB, prevention is what we need if a cull is needed so be it
    PS, Packman spreads HIS own opinion, THE SMUG GIT.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it probably was who ate all the badgers in Australia?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Never heard of a badger cull but we don't get many in Texas. We do occasionally have beaver and nutria culls. For animals that aren't regularly hunted or have a healthy natural predator population the best thing for the overall health of ecosystem is a cull. GB let me know if you need my skills across the pond but I'm not sure how I'm going to get my rifle through customs. Oh and I'll probably never shoot another one but for now VC - 1 Bobcat - 0

That is cruel, I hope you ate it afterwards.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Greenbeanz is the beach as good for fossils as they say?
    I remember you saying that your lad likes fossil hunting. East Devon is good but the best part of the Jurassic coast for fossils is really in Dorset. Be careful though the red sand that makes up the cliff is very unstable so stay away from any cordoned off bits or beaches temporarily closed due to erosion. For swimming and beauty though Devon and Cornwalls are far better. Thems proper ansum me booty.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is that cruel?
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is that cruel?
    That is a domestic cat.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it probably was who ate all the badgers in Australia?
    Roos are plaque proportions in our area fully protected species so they runhop rife.

We've never had badgers, squirrels or bob cats or any other wild cats other than ex pet escapees that have interbred, mostly small but nasty still. Got the odd black panther in one area I think a smaller version again but they are very remote and only caught on film once every ten years or so when cattle go missing and bits are left they seem to get the blame.
    Last edited by Andre; 09-08-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information