Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default DeMarco next victim for Valero

Whether he fights in Japan or his native Venezuela, “El Inca” brings incredible excitement into the ring, and it's as much about his vulnerabilities as it is his skills. Make no mistake, Valero can brawl with the best, but he has undergone a subtle change in that his punches are no longer thrown as loping and wild shots leaving him wide open for straight and short inside work. The old Valero resembled his friend Daniel Ponce de Leon whose wide (and wild), albeit powerful, punches were exploited by Juan Manuel Lopez who moved straight in on him and waxed him in the first round.

No, Valero (26-0) has improved and, along with solid foot movement and balance (which he seems to have learned in Japan), he now uses a jab as a range finder and once he does find the range, he opens up with his straight ahead volume punching designed to knockout or set up his opponent for the kill. In short, Edwin Valero has improved from the bloodied and rugged brawler who beat tough Vicente Mosquera in Panama in 2006.

He will meet Antonio DeMarco (23-1-1) on February 2, 2010 in Mexico with his WBC lightweight title on the line. While Tony will have the height and reach advantage in this fight, it will take more than that to hold off “El Inca's old school relentless pressure backed by deceptively superb conditioning which gives him a distinct edge in stamina in his fights. I say deceptively because he fights with his mouth somewhat open giving the false impression he might be tiring.

DeMarco, who has a fine jab, good skills, late power and is a superb closer, is no pushover and the way he savaged “Kid Diamond” earlier this year was impressive as was his decisive KO of Anges Adjaho in July. And his KO percentage of 68 is impressive but does no begin to compare with Valero's 100%.

Valero is more experienced, has fought against a better level of opposition, has more power, and may be a different fighter than Tony's camp expects or has prepared for. Of course, there are the intangibles associated to his personal life, but these have not impacted his boxing so far.

The Prediction

The slow starting DeMarco (who bears a slight resemblance to Margarito once he has his man hurt), will be caught by the fast starting Valero and hurt early and often until he no longer can take the onslaught and retires on his stool sometime in the mid rounds.

Afterwards

“El Inca”will have some great paydays looming including possible fights with Michael Katsidis, the tall and dangerous Ali Funeka and maybe a somewhat shot Juan Diaz at a lower weight. Of course, moving up to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr and/or Manny Pacquiao,while certainly lucrative, would not be wise choices for someone who wants to remain undefeated.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: DeMarco next victim for Valero

don't think demarco doesn't have a chance because i think he's a very live underdog and wouldn't be surprised if he beats valero. one thing demarco has is a warrior's heart. i also think he's got better boxing skills than valero and he has underrated power as well. not to mention that his defense has improved with each outing tells me he's going to give valero all kinds of hell.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes i would be tempted to pick DeMarco to beat Valero

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DeMarco is a good fighter. He will give Valero trouble and he will go some rounds. I can even see him scoring an early round knock down. But I don't think he'll win. Valero fire power I think will be to much for him

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to have seen DeMarco get one or two more fights under his belt but I'll have to trust his handlers.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valero should win this one. Funeka beats Valero as do other top lightweights, but Demarco will be outgunned.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its easy to side with Valero after all 26 ko's in 26 fights tells you he's got power...

However I think DeMarco wins this fight. If he can mix it up and box from the outside I think he beats Valero.
    Valero is too 1 handed add that to the fact that he's very careless on the defensive end.

I'm siding with DeMarco on this one.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: DeMarco next victim for Valero

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Its easy to side with Valero after all 26 ko's in 26 fights tells you he's got power...

However I think DeMarco wins this fight. If he can mix it up and box from the outside I think he beats Valero.
    Valero is too 1 handed add that to the fact that he's very careless on the defensive end.

I'm siding with DeMarco on this one.

DeMarco seems a decent kid so I'd like to see him do well.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to say this is no walk over for Valero.He has made....some improvements but Demarco has really made strides himself.A bit deceptive in stature,demeanor but that range is killer.Methodical and when he smells you are damaged,he knows how to put them together smartly.

For some off the wall reason....and making no comparison to either fighter so fan-boys ..heel . I can see a crazy scenario similar to Marquez/Pacquiao and that brutal 1st round.Just keep seeing it.Demarco surviving and making adjustments after being damaged very early.....and he will be but overall Demarco has many more gears than Valero.When is the last time either guy has faced a meaningful southpaw??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DeMarco will just be giving Valero some good rounds of boxing, he will from the get-go be in a brawl just what Valero will want. I see hime being KO'd 6,7,8 or retiring in one of those rounds. Comon Valero!
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    DeMarco will just be giving Valero some good rounds of boxing, he will from the get-go be in a brawl just what Valero will want. I see hime being KO'd 6,7,8 or retiring in one of those rounds. Comon Valero!

Finally, something I can put my arm around!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post

Hey you can put your arm around VD also,he agreed with ya...just watch your wallet

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

deMarco will inevitablly get drawn in to trading, whatever point that happens the fight will end quickly.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post

Hey you can put your arm around VD also,he agreed with ya...just watch your wallet

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    deMarco will inevitablly get drawn in to trading, whatever point that happens the fight will end quickly.

Bingo!

Thread Information