Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Our Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Well..... this will be my 19,999th post... so might as well make it about climate.

Needless to say there's a whole gamut of opinions on climate change. If "climate alarmists" or doomsayers were at 100, and total (and defensive) climate deniers were at 1..... Saddo'ers (as well as the general public) would be all over the map. But let's put aside for a second what you may or may not think about climate change. Let's check our emotions at the door, sort to speak.

Is it wrong to want less environmental pollution? Is it wrong to want more renewable energy, given the advanced stage of our technology? Is it wrong to want to conserve the resources of our surroundings?

Why in the hell do people fight so much over this? I know, I know..... it's called special interests. The same special interests that cause the insane argument on just about every other sensitive, controversial issue. Shit.... it's like poking a healing scab on someone when you talk about these things. OUCH!!! WTF?!?

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the climate, or man's ability to change it, accelerate it, nudge it, or not at all...... why is protecting our environment such a "bad word?" I swear, aliens looking in at us through their super-duper surveillance would be rolling on the floor laughing at the human race. We can't seem to discuss ANYTHING without it becoming a totally polarized issue. We fucking RUN to the extremes and shoot spit-wads at the other side. Why?

It's not like we have to give up our way of life in order to embrace new technologies. Doesn't it bother anyone that there are patches of microplastics in the Pacific the size of Texas? Or did I just mention some Fake News? Someone please tell me, because like most mortals, I haven't flown over the Pacific to see it for myself. I depend on SOME sort of news to know what the hell is going on. I also haven't been to the Arctic to either confirm or debunk the claims about sea ice and polar melting.

Difference between me and an alarmist is that I don't go running off half-cocked shouting at the top of my lungs "the sky's falling... the sky's falling." I read..... I listen..... I watch..... and I try to practice discernment and a little common sense. On the other hand, I don't "knee-jerk condemn" any information that comes down the pipe concerning the environment. I believe the environment IS important.... and good practices are important because there's an ever-increasing number of people in the world.

Oh well.... that's a long enough rant. For 20k I'll try to make it about boxing.
    Early congrads I am sure you can whip off 1 more post for your 20G target Mr. TitoFan.My 2 cents on this world being slowly killed off by auto, factories, smog, smoke, coal, nucular, carbon footptints, carbon tax, rocket exaust, plastic and styrofoam, and all, we can't just drop technology now, we came too far, we can't slow down, we can put down their iphones? We can agree to disagree. But that Gretta is a puppet and made me sick with htat ugly sneering and nasty nasty face, so fake and so staged, and nothing new at all, same old same ol the sky is falling, and now the 16 year old is gonna lecture me that we destroyed her future. How did we destroy her future? Loks like only her face was destroyed.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Well..... this will be my 19,999th post... so might as well make it about climate.

Needless to say there's a whole gamut of opinions on climate change. If "climate alarmists" or doomsayers were at 100, and total (and defensive) climate deniers were at 1..... Saddo'ers (as well as the general public) would be all over the map. But let's put aside for a second what you may or may not think about climate change. Let's check our emotions at the door, sort to speak.

Is it wrong to want less environmental pollution? Is it wrong to want more renewable energy, given the advanced stage of our technology? Is it wrong to want to conserve the resources of our surroundings?

Why in the hell do people fight so much over this? I know, I know..... it's called special interests. The same special interests that cause the insane argument on just about every other sensitive, controversial issue. Shit.... it's like poking a healing scab on someone when you talk about these things. OUCH!!! WTF?!?

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the climate, or man's ability to change it, accelerate it, nudge it, or not at all...... why is protecting our environment such a "bad word?" I swear, aliens looking in at us through their super-duper surveillance would be rolling on the floor laughing at the human race. We can't seem to discuss ANYTHING without it becoming a totally polarized issue. We fucking RUN to the extremes and shoot spit-wads at the other side. Why?

It's not like we have to give up our way of life in order to embrace new technologies. Doesn't it bother anyone that there are patches of microplastics in the Pacific the size of Texas? Or did I just mention some Fake News? Someone please tell me, because like most mortals, I haven't flown over the Pacific to see it for myself. I depend on SOME sort of news to know what the hell is going on. I also haven't been to the Arctic to either confirm or debunk the claims about sea ice and polar melting.

Difference between me and an alarmist is that I don't go running off half-cocked shouting at the top of my lungs "the sky's falling... the sky's falling." I read..... I listen..... I watch..... and I try to practice discernment and a little common sense. On the other hand, I don't "knee-jerk condemn" any information that comes down the pipe concerning the environment. I believe the environment IS important.... and good practices are important because there's an ever-increasing number of people in the world.

Oh well.... that's a long enough rant. For 20k I'll try to make it about boxing.
    Early congrads I am sure you can whip off 1 more post for your 20G target Mr. TitoFan.My 2 cents on this world being slowly killed off by auto, factories, smog, smoke, coal, nucular, carbon footptints, carbon tax, rocket exaust, plastic and styrofoam, and all, we can't just drop technology now, we came too far, we can't slow down, we can put down their iphones? We can agree to disagree. But that Gretta is a puppet and made me sick with htat ugly sneering and nasty nasty face, so fake and so staged, and nothing new at all, same old same ol the sky is falling, and now the 16 year old is gonna lecture me that we destroyed her future. How did we destroy her future? Loks like only her face was destroyed.
    Brock.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Brock.
    Beaner still paranoid am I still Frodo or whoever you said I was. Who the hell was that you and miles thought I was I can’t remember

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Brock.
    Beaner still paranoid am I still Frodo or whoever you said I was. Who the hell was that you and miles thought I was I can’t remember
    That was Bilbo. Beanz is convinced everyone is someone else.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah yes bilbo. I would have liked to met him. I will be honest I did think Baal was Brock when he first joined but Baal is a genius in the Asian boxing scene. I also think Gandalf is a famous celebrity who comes here for anonymity and see how regular people live

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can someone please clarify what is happening? Greta and a connection to the Hobbit? 🤔. What si Baal, Brock, Bilbo and Frodo, if not?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can someone please clarify what is happening? Greta and a connection to the Hobbit? 🤔. What si Baal, Brock, Bilbo and Frodo, if not?
    We had this guy here named Brock. He was a screaming liberal and refused to admit there were only two genders. He was very gay, not saying there is anything wrong with that but the man loved being gay. Beanz is homophobic and petitioned master the mod to ban him. Now every time someone new comes along bffbeaner thinks it’s brock in disguise or a different gay man.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah yes bilbo. I would have liked to met him. I will be honest I did think Baal was Brock when he first joined but Baal is a genius in the Asian boxing scene. I also think Gandalf is a famous celebrity who comes here for anonymity and see how regular people live
    Bilbo was a funny chap. A workshy individual but clearly very intelligent and capable despite the tree growing in his anal cavity. I liked him even though we disagreed a lot. I put it down to him being older before I was and he was free of Gretaism's.

I think everybody is Brock and I think it is sensible to approach life that way. I encourage all the Brocks to germinate and flourish, to flower the forum with seasonal bowel movements of excrutiating awkwardness.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We had this guy here named Brock. He was a screaming liberal and refused to admit there were only two genders. He was very gay, not saying there is anything wrong with that but the man loved being gay. Beanz is homophobic and petitioned master the mod to ban him. Now every time someone new comes along bffbeaner thinks it’s brock in disguise or a different gay man.
    What? Wow. Complicated, and I feel like I got stopped by a cop! Wrong man. Sounds like a tricky history here? Not complaining just .... Surprised.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Bilbo was a funny chap. A workshy individual but clearly very intelligent and capable despite the tree growing in his anal cavity. I liked him even though we disagreed a lot. I put it down to him being older before I was and he was free of Gretaism's.

I think everybody is Brock and I think it is sensible to approach life that way. I encourage all the Brocks to germinate and flourish, to flower the forum with seasonal bowel movements of excrutiating awkwardness.
    I hope you're not angry because I said your idea was weird and wild was not the way I saw it? I'm not getting any of this. Guess I'll stick to the other part of the site.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope you're not angry because I said your idea was weird and wild was not the way I saw it? I'm not getting any of this. Guess I'll stick to the other part of the site.
    this is a good part though we have a lot of fights over politics and other interesting topics. Don’t run off we are all accused of being someone plus you get some funny stuff around here.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am angrier than a stage prepped Greta. How dare YOU! It's okay. I will dead within 12 years. As will all of you! Raargh!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My gawd..... everything is a copy of a copy of a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

WHERE

HAVE

I

HEARD

THIS

BEFORE?

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Yes @Fenster part of why I don't believe the Climate Alarmists is that I remember being taught how humans were killing the planet way back in the 90's and Global Warming and holes in the Ozone layer (what happened to THAT scare tactic?) and Acid Rain (what happened to THAT?!?!) and sea levels rising, and all that sort of shit and having lived through the decades since then I look back and see it for what it is.....

Chicken Little and/or The Boy Who Cried Wolf...the fear mongering works people up into a frenzy and gets the lefties all riled up and EMOTIONAL and then they vote accordingly. With bleeding hearts and soft brains rather than question what they are taught, rather than use logic and reason, rather than balance their emotions with those attributes they act on pure blind emotion....which is why they use children because when people question the children there's an immediate EMOTIONAL response to that as well and it builds upon itself.

What do the Climate Alarmists want when it gets down to brass tacks? Control. They want to control what you eat, they want to control where you go, they want to control how you get there, they want to control all aspects of your life. CO2 is their key villain, human produced CO2 specifically....guess what...ALL humans naturally exhale CO2 meaning I guess if you're a bad enough person or a heavy enough breather then you'll need to stop that as well. I've yet to hear/read/see anything from ANY Climate Alarmists on the FACT that plants breathe IN CO2 and exhale (if you will) Oxygen and CO2 is CO2 it doesn't change from a molecular standpoint if it's emitted from exhaling or from a car exhaust or what have you....but hey why start thinking about pesky facts like that when you should PANIC!!!! OMG PANIC! PANIC PANIC!!!!! WHY AREN'T YOU PANICKING!?!?!?! Little Greta says the house is on fire, PANIC!!! Do what the child says!!!!

I'm for clean air, clean water, and conservation of wildlife. But it's ME who should change MY life and not Al Gore or Barack Obama or whatever virtue signalling celebrity jet setting around the globe living in beachfront mansions shouldn't change theirs? Rrrrrrright

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Record Ice

In 2014 there was record sea ice in Antarctica in fact a global warming expedition got stuck in it. Arctic sea ice has also made a nice comeback in 2014. The Great lakes had record ice Lake Superior only had 3 ice free months in 2014. You’d think that in the hottest year ever that ice would be melting like Al Gore said.

2. Record Snow

2014 saw record snowfall in many areas, remember when they said that global warming would cause snow to disappear and children won’t know what snow is.

3. Record Cold

In 2014 we saw all kinds of cold records remember the Polar Vortex? You’d think that we’d be breaking all kinds of heat records in “the hottest year ever”

4. Oceans Are Rising Much Less Than Predicted

Al Gore predicted that oceans would rise 20 feet by 2100, it looks like were on track for about a foot. 80% of the tide gauges show less rise than the official “global average”. Many tide gauges show no rise in sea level, and almost none show any acceleration over the past 20 years.

5. Polar Bears Are Thriving

You’d think that Polar Bears would really be in trouble in 2014 “the hottest year ever” but they are thriving.

6. Moose Are Making A Comeback

A few years ago the moose population in Minnesota dropped rapidly and they immediately blamed global warming, then they did a study and found out it was actually wolves that were killing the moose. Wolves have been taken off the endangered species list and are now endangering other species so they opened a wolf hunting season in Minnesota and the moose are coming back. It turns out it had nothing to do with global warming in fact the years when the moose population declined were some very cold ones.

7. 99% of Scientists don’t believe in Catastrophic Man-Made Global Warming

You’ve probably heard over and over that 99% of scientist believe in global warming well the opposite is true. That talking point came from a study where only 75 scientists said they believe in global warming on the other hand over 31,000 scientists have signed a petition saying they don’t believe in Catastrophic Man-Made Global Warming.

8. Nature produces much more CO2 than man

In 2014 NASA finally launched a satellite that measures CO2 levels around the globe. They assumed that most of the CO2 would be coming from the industrialized northern hemisphere but much to their surprise it was coming from the rainforests in South America, Africa and China.

9. It Isn’t Actually the Warmest Year.

If you look at the satellite data 2014 was not the warmest year ever in fact there has been no global warming for over 18 years. The Reason they can say it’s the warmest year is because they are using the ground weather station data which is heavily influenced by the Urban Heat Island effect, many of which are near pavement. Even still they had to cherry pick that data to get at the warmest year ever and it is only the warmest by only two-100ths of a degree within a dataset that has a variability of a half of a degree. The fact they they had to ignore accurate data and fudge sketchy data to push their agenda proves (IMHO) that climate change is a hoax.

10. The Hypocrisy of the Main Players

One of the main reasons you can tell that global warming is a hoax is that the main purveyors of global warming live lifestyles opposite of what they preach, they all own multiple large homes and yachts and they fly around the world in private jets pushing their propaganda. Not to mention some people such as Al Gore actually profit from Carbon Taxes and other green energy laws. If they actually believed what they preached they would be leading quite different lives.

Thread Information