Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  110
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins Anthony Joshua or Oleksandr Usyk

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2

surprised he's left Ukraine. Though he'd feel he should stay. Wonder what others who have to remain think.

Then again a Usyk win could give the nation a bit of a lift - albeit in a very very small way when weighed up against whats going on.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tottenham ‘really want’ to stage Joshua vs Usyk 2 reveals Eddie Hearn after holding talks with Levy over rematch venue

TOTTENHAM 'really want' to stage Anthony Joshua's rematch with Oleksandr Usyk.

Promoter Eddie Hearn has already held talks with Tottenham chief Daniel Levy about staging the fight and says he would 'love' to use the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium again.

It comes as Usyk and his manager touched down in the UK to discuss the venue for the rematch - which is set for May or June.

Usyk was last in Britain when he dethroned AJ of the WBA, IBF and WBO unified belts at Spurs' north London home in September.

And after failed talks for an undisputed title decider with Tyson Fury, the Ukrainian is now left to rematch Joshua.

Hearn has already held talks for a mega-money site deal in the Middle East.

[IMG][/IMG]

Oleksandr Usyk is in the UK to discuss a venue for his rematch with Anthony Joshua

But with Usyk returning to the scene of the crime for negotiations, Joshua could be set to have home advanatage once again.

Hearn told DAZN: "I’ve just come back from the Middle East.

It comes as Usyk and his manager touched down in the UK to discuss the venue for the rematch - which is set for May or June.

Usyk was last in Britain when he dethroned AJ of the WBA, IBF and WBO unified belts at Spurs' north London home in September.

And after failed talks for an undisputed title decider with Tyson Fury, the Ukrainian is now left to rematch Joshua.

Hearn has already held talks for a mega-money site deal in the Middle East.

But with Usyk returning to the scene of the crime for negotiations, Joshua could be set to have home advanatage once again.

Hearn told DAZN: "I’ve just come back from the Middle East.

"We’ve had numerous meetings with different countries in the Middle East to stage that fight.

"Had a call with Daniel Levy from Tottenham which was where the first fight was at, they really want to bring the rematch back there, I love the idea of that as well.

"Egis Klymas and Oleksandr Usyk are actually in the UK this week so we’re going to sit down with them and just talk through everything."

Joshua, 32, immediately invoked his right to a rematch with Usyk, 35, after his 12-round loss last year.

But at the same time, Saudi backers were fronting cash and talks for Fury, 33, to step in and unify all the belts instead.

Negotiations went down to the wire, but ultimately a step-aside deal for AJ collapsed, meaning he will instead fight Usyk.

Meanwhile, Fury will proceed in his WBC mandatory title defence against Dillian Whyte, 33, on April 23, likely at Wembley.

The undisputed talks meant AJ was left in the lurch and as a result, means his rematch with Usyk could be backdated as far as June.

Hearn said: "We’re getting to a stage now where we’re going to start thinking about securing a date which will be the end of May or June.

"There’s nothing that’s going to stop Anthony Joshua from taking that fight."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17736...oshua-rematch/
    @Master I know you are the mod and I mean no disrespect but I just gotta say unless a fight has been officially announced that's the only time someone should be able to do an official fight thread. Otherwise it should have been a "If Joshua and Usyk fight again. Who do you think will win and why ?" This fight is far from over the line and I have my doubts if it will ever happen.

But if it does happen and I hope I'm wrong but ? Immediate rematch = Matchroom funeral.......Or it should be called Rematchroom

Usyk wins easier this time. This will just be round 13, and Joshua almost got knocked out in 12, and he had a 7 second early bell that saved his ass. I am still of the belief, that Usyk does not have any single GREAT attribute. He has no attribute that intimidate's his competitors, he is just solid all around.

Joshua needs to watch the Holyfield v Tyson 1, Ricky Hatton V Tsysu fight to find good strategies. He needs to tie up Usyk, back him up and impose not so much his size, but his will to win on him. Then walk him back a lot, throw rapid fire combinations when possible and be the bully in there. He cannot keep a distance from Usyk during the fight because he will get jabbed to death and picked apart with short punches. He may take a few coming in but if he employs these bully tactics he will come out ahead in the long run. This has to be an alley fight for Joshua.

But this time Joshua won't be just fighting a man.. He'll be fighting a country. A man that wants to lift his country. For the first time in his professional boxing career he'll truly be the underdog in this fight.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 03-24-2022 at 07:01 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the twelfth round of the first fight was three minutes long from bell to bell
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko offer Oleksandr Usyk support ahead of Anthony Joshua rematch

Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko have spoken in support of Oleksandr Usyk after the heavyweight champion left Ukraine to train for a rematch with Anthony Joshua.

Usyk had been aiding his home nation’s defence against the ongoing Russian invasion, as have the Klitschko brothers, but the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO champion has taken the opportunity to leave the country and prepare to defend his belts against Joshua, whom he dethroned in September.

The unbeaten Usyk outpointed “AJ” in London, leading the Briton to trigger a rematch clause. A second bout between the pair was expected to take place in spring, but the fight was thrown into doubt as Usyk, 35, returned to Ukraine to assist its war effort. The champion confirmed last week, however, that he would be leaving to begin preparations for a defence against Joshua, which is still expected to be held in May or June.

The Klitschko brothers, both of whom were heavyweight champions during their professional boxing careers, have both addressed the situation in an interview with The Daily Telegraph.

Vitali, who has been mayor of Kyiv since 2014, said: “A very important message could be carried through an event like this. We do not know if in three months we will exist.

“I actually have plans to speak to Oleksandr Usyk to give him advice if he decides to make the fight, to have some special messages that he can put out there.”

Wladimir, meanwhile, said: “There are pros and cons, and it’s a hard decision to make for Oleksandr Usyk, But to have the Ukrainian flag raised and our anthem played and one of our ambassadors of our country out there in the world with the right mindset could be more positive than negative.

“We need support. Since the beginning of the war, the economy is down to nothing, but please don’t forget we are defending democratic principles of freedom and free choice.”

Like Usyk, Vasiliy Lomachenko returned to Ukraine to aid its defence against Russia’s invasion. The former multiple-weight champion will remain in the country for the foreseeable future, though, missing out on a lightweight title shot against George Kambosos Jr as a result.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...4c57ac6f1b0518
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua's world title rematch with Oleksandr Usyk will take place in Saudi Arabia at the end of June, according to reports.

Joshua lost his heavyweight titles to former cruiserweight king Usyk last September. A rematch between the pair has been sought ever since, but it was recently put in jeopardy after Usyk returned to Ukraine to help fight against Russian attacks in the country.

Matchroom Boxing boss Eddie Hearn insisted that the rematch would still take place despite the ongoing crisis. Their second fight looked to be heading to London with Wembley and the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium being potential candidates to host the bout.

But Saudi Arabia has now forked out a reported £90million to host the rematch with June 25 being the frontrunner date, as claims MailOnline. The price tag for the fight is a third more than the £60million Saudi paid for Joshua's rematch with Andy Ruiz in 2019.

Both fighters recently hinted the rematch would go ahead, with Usyk writing on Instagram: "I decided to start preparing for a rematch with Anthony Joshua. A large number of my friends support me, all the rest of the good and peace, Thank God for everything."

Usyk's training announcement came just three weeks after he put a rematch against Joshua in doubt by stating: "I really don't know when I'm going to be stepping back in the ring. My country and my honour are more important to me than a championship belt."

Joshua has good memories of competing in the Middle Eastern country, having won back his titles against Ruiz in Diriyah. 'AJ' lost his unified titles to short-notice replacement Ruiz six months before their rematch in a huge upset.

Joshua will look to become just the sixth three-time heavyweight champion in boxing history by avenging his loss to Usyk. The Brit has promoted assistant coach Angel Fernandez to his head trainer after being encouraged to ditch longtime coach Rob McCracken after losing to Usyk.

He had been pictured in Dubai training with Anthony Wilson and in the US training with the likes of Virgil Hunter and Ronnie Shields during his search for a new coach. Hearn also admitted he thought it was time for Joshua to "move on" from McCracken ahead of the rematch.

Joshua was being encouraged to step aside from his rematch against Usyk earlier this year to allow an undisputed fight between Tyson Fury and the Ukrainian. Talks of the undisputed clash fell through at the last minute and Fury will now fight WBC mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte next month.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...590917a475ec04

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With the current world climate holding events there is taking the piss and selling out. But they'll hide behind the 'sport is helping to bring attention' argument bollocks.

Both fighters should refuse.

I must be getting old as hypocritical shit like this beginning to bother me a lot....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red face Re: Anthony Joshua v Oleksandr Usyk 2

Been away for about 3 months, hospitalised, ok now. Wether its Tottingham or Saudi is worthy of discussion, what completely mystifies me is why is this being paid 50/50? Forgive my naivity but didn't Usyck comprehensively beat AJ for 3 alphabet titles Do the promoters and their 'favoured' fighter call the payday shots? I know there is a lot of money involved but to give Usyck anything other than a majority purse is both insulting and immoral, perhaps the promoters would have been better bribing the judges (like Wilder Fury 1) to get a draw, thus keeping boxing in the corrupt shithole it has descended to. Its easy to say but if I was Usyck I wouldn't chase their dirty dollars, I would quit all the alphabet titles and relax whilst watching AJ get beat in one of the many eliminators. I'm sure Master can explain this situation with a quick call to one of his promoter mates...........

Sorry to sit on the fence

Geoff
    Last edited by nuggetdotcom; 03-30-2022 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fighting for the title and agreeing the Champions terms for rematch and % purse I am sure could be challenged in court by Usyk but it is far easier to accept the conditions of the contract if you can not get better elsewhere.

Rahman was forced to rematch Lennox when he clearly did not want to.

Ruiz accepted the rematch because he was not going to get anything more from Wilder or others.

50% of this purse is more than what Usyk will get anywhere else. Besides if AJ is damaged after the first fight it could be easy money for him.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleksandr Usyk claims soldiers shot at his house and dragged his neighbours away

Oleksandr Usyk has claimed Russian soldiers dragged his neighbours away after shooting at his house.

Usyk was fighting on the front line against the Russian invasion of Ukraine, but has left his home country to prepare for his world heavyweight title defence against Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia this summer. During his time involved in the war, he witnessed a number of horrific occurrences, including watching his neighbours being taken from their home.

He will face Joshua in late June, with the current expected date being June 25 in a purpose-built Saudi Arabian arena after recently deciding to leave the war effort. His fellow fighters Vasily Lomachenko and Yaroslav Amosov both opted to stay in Ukraine and turn down world title fights against George Kambosos Jr and Michael 'Venom' Page respectively.

"I know [Russian soldiers] shot at our house, broke down the gate, and dragged away some of our neighbours," Usyk said in an interview with Czech outlet Profiboxing. "But I don’t know what it looks like there now. We can’t get in touch with anyone. It’s terrible when you run to hide in the basement at every rustle."

Usyk denies having ever shot the AK-47 he was pictured with when he joined the war effort, which took place when he returned from fight negotiations in London back in February. It had looked for a time like Joshua would have to face an interim opponent, but Usyk eventually agreed to the fight after his time on the front lines.

“I came back via Poland," he explained. "It took a day to get to Kyiv. Then another two to see my family and I calmed down a bit. I may have picked up a gun, but that doesn’t mean I would use it, I didn’t think for a moment that I would stay there. This fight ( Anthony Joshua rematch) will be special for me in that respect."

Joshua and Usyk fought in London back in September, with the Ukrainian easily winning by unanimous decision in front of a packed out Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Joshua as champion had negotiated a rematch clause for the fight, and immediately triggered it days later to push through the rematch.

There had been talk of a possible undisputed world heavyweight title fight between Usyk and Tyson Fury in Saudi Arabia, but that fell by the wayside. In the meantime, Usyk returned to Ukraine, where he said that he would be willing to do anything, including "killing if necessary" to defend his home country.

"If they will want to take my life, or the lives of my close ones, I will have to do it," Usyk said during a CNN broadcast. "But I don't want that. I don't want to shoot, I don't want to kill anybody, but if they will be killing me, I will have no choice."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...16c4916d34432d

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garbage having this is Saudi Arabia. Last time I heard of over 80 prisoners being publicly executed via mass beheadings it was with those Isis fellas. Belongs in the U.K end of.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe they're taking some of that Saudi money and giving it to Danny Williams so he doesn't have to fight any more?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua has been told by former rival Andy Ruiz Jr that he must be more aggressive if he is to beat Oleksandr Usyk in their rematch.

The British star is expected to face Usyk in Saudi Arabia on July 23 in a bid to reclaim his unified heavyweight titles. He was comprehensively outboxed by the tricky Ukrainian in London last year and faces a huge uphill battle to turn around his second career defeat.

However the first man to inflict defeat on Joshua, Ruiz wants Usyk to inflict a third career defeat on Joshua due to being a "man of Christ." "I think Joshua could pull it off,” Ruiz Jr told ESNews. I think he needs to go in there and be aggressive, just like how he was from the beginning.

“Not let them dictate the fight. As long as he’s doing the pressure, throwing a lot of combinations, not letting Usyk get comfortable and throwing his little slick shots, I think he can win. But Usyk is a man of Christ, so I’m gonna be going for him.” Joshua's first defeat came against Ruiz back in 2019 where he was brutally stopped during his American debut.

However his rematch plan to outbox the Mexican worked to perfection with his slick display helping him outpoint his rival to regain his titles in Saudi Arabia. Joshua was set to meet Fury in an undisputed clash last summer, but was forced to accept a mandatory defence against Usyk which he lost in dominant fashion.

His tactics were heavily scrutinised after the fight while his trainer Rob McCracken was blamed by several experts for Joshua's 'gun-shy' performance. Joshua began a new quest to find a new trainer and is currently working with coach Angel Fernandez who is preparing him to face Usyk for a second time.

The Ukrainian was forced to delay the sequel while he focused on helping his country defend against Russian invasion, but later elected to return to training to prepare to defend his titles. Heavyweight champion Fury's father John has also backed Joshua to gain his revenge and believes a change of plan should be the key to victory.

“AJ has been beat but he’s got a terrible habit of bouncing back and I fancy him to get the return”, John Fury told iFL TV. “Truthfully, he’s capable of being a three-time world champion, he’s got that about him and, believe me, with a little bit more oil in his camp and the right people around him, I think he can do it.

“In his case, he just had the wrong plan from the off, didn’t he? If he changes his plan around and uses what he’s got to his benefit, I don’t see a problem. I hope he does beat Usyk, I really do, I’m rooting for him,” he added. I’d be sick if Usyk won. Nothing against Usyk, he’s a great guy but my heart lies with the Watford man. If AJ can win, wild horses couldn’t keep Tyson in retirement.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...970e718542291a

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Assuming Joshua can get past Usyk in the rematch... and of course that is a huge IF... I think Joshua and Wilder should meet next.

Not Joshua-Fury... but Joshua-Wilder.

Think about it. This fight could've happened had Fury not stepped in and ended the interminable soap opera that was the Joshua-Wilder negotiations. Pretty much put the boxing public out of its misery from having to suffer through months and months of Joshua/Wilder he said she said without actually getting anything done. For that alone I am eternally grateful to Fury.

But everyone forgets.

Wilder has ONLY lost to Fury. People just ASSUME he's a done deal and wouldn't beat anyone else. Yet we just saw a hapless Whyte turn in a shameful performance against Fury. Wilder would've tore Whyte a new one. So Wilder has only lost to Fury... and AJ has lost to Ruiz (avenged) and to Usyk.

The public still wants to see Wilder vs Joshua. It's sort of like unfinished business. Let's say Joshua not only gets past Usyk... but beats Wilder also. Think about how HUGE a fight vs Fury would be. Joshua would've raised his stock once again... and an all-British HW fight of that magnitude would be huge.

If Joshua goes from beating Usyk to getting beat by Fury, we'll never know who would've won between Joshua and Wilder. We all know that styles make fights... and I can't think of a more crowd-pleasing bout than Wilder vs Joshua. Both beaten, but both still world class (compared to the rest of the field) and dangerous.

I'm hoping Usyk doesn't make this academic, because a Fury-Usyk fight seems like it would be a bit of a stinker.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 05-01-2022 at 11:24 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua is a posing model. He will lose to Usyk again becuse Usyk is a real fighter first, and clown second.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua v Wilder would have been a fight for the ages when they were both undefeated and champion's unifying the division. They both could not agree and wasted the opportunity and I hope they live to regret that for the rest of their lives.

I would see no value in the fight now unless both were rebuilding after losing their last fights and then both would be damaged goods.

Thread Information