Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Deontay Wilder vs Andy Ruiz Jr

Deontay Wilder vs Andy Ruiz Jr set to be ordered as final WBC eliminator to determine next Tyson Fury opponent

THE WBC are set to order a fight between Deontay Wilder and Andy Ruiz Jr, according to President Mauricio Sulaimán.

Wilder returned to the ring after more than a year out on Saturday and brutally knocked out Robert Helenius in the first round.

Sulaimán was impressed with the American's power and revealed he will be ordered to fight Ruiz at a WBC convention in Mexico next week.

The winner of that clash will become the mandatory challenger to face Tyson Fury, assuming the Gypsy King beats Derek Chisora on December 3.

However, Wilder has other targets in his sights including Anthony Joshua.

Wilder's manager Shelly Finkel revealed he had an offer from Eddie Hearn to make a fight between the pair, but he wanted Wilder to get the Helenius bout under his belt first.

Talks in 2018 over a proposed bout fell through but both parties now seem up for it with Wilder eyeing a fight in Africa.

He said: “It’s still the number one fight in the world for everyone. Everywhere I go, people always talk about me versus Joshua.

“We both have roots from there, I think it would be an amazing place to have it, to go back home. To go back to the motherland.

“A continent full of our people. I can just see that being an amazing fight, win, lose or draw.

“I think we’ll get the respect and love from all the people over there.”

Meanwhile, Fury is set to face Chisora in Cardiff and showed he is getting into good shape after working hard in the gym.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20160...bc-tyson-fury/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Andy Ruiz Jr

Would love to see Wilder vs AJ but Wilder vs Ruiz is interesting also. For AJ's career I hope Wilder fights Ruiz next and AJ gets some confidence and rounds under his belt- but from a selfish standpoint I would prefer Wilder fight AJ next. Great/interesting style match up- AJ won't have to worry about being outmaneuvered by Deontay and Deontay won't have to worry about AJ having the mental toughness, engine, elusiveness, and chin of Tyson Fury.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder beats Ruiz with relative ease and stops him just before midway.

I am sure even Wilder will not want to face Fury again and will prefer facing AJ.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah. Zero point in another Wilder-Fury fight. I've always said I'd love to see Wilder vs Joshua, and who knows... it could still happen. Wilder has to get by Ruiz first, and from what I've read, common opponents like Luis Ortiz give Wilder a big edge. To me it depends which Ruiz shows up... but I'd have to give the edge to Wilder also.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I am sure even Wilder will not want to face Fury again and will prefer facing AJ.
    I wonder about Ruiz being easy. Deontay can make anyone look easy if he lands a solid right, but Ruiz is skilled and a sleeper. I may bet on Ruiz for that fight- as dangerous as Wilder is, Ruiz is very skilled and the more complete boxer. This will be an interesting fight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post

I wonder about Ruiz being easy. Deontay can make anyone look easy if he lands a solid right, but Ruiz is skilled and a sleeper. I may bet on Ruiz for that fight- as dangerous as Wilder is, Ruiz is very skilled and the more complete boxer. This will be an interesting fight.
    Ruiz had his day in the sun and was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. He is not a top tier heavyweight and below in the second division with Parker.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post

Ruiz had his day in the sun and was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. He is not a top tier heavyweight and below in the second division with Parker.
    He just beat Ortiz, albeit an old Ortiz. With the exception of AJ, Fury & Usyk, name me any other HW’s with a better name on their record?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does not matter about names for Ruiz, he is second tier.

Joyce beats him, damaged Whyte beats him, rejuvenated Dubois beats him.

The undefeated younger heavyweights will overtake him too given the opportunity.

Ruiz is the Chesney Hawke of the heavyweight division (one hit wonder).

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“Rejuvenated Dubois” next you’re gonna roll out the “He’s a World Champion” line.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    “Rejuvenated Dubois” next you’re gonna roll out the “He’s a World Champion” line.
    Dubois beats Ruiz.

No shame in Dubois losing to Joe Joyce.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dubois beats Ruiz.

If Ruiz comes in a fat prick that’s not trained and been eating burritos for 8 weeks, then Dubois (and loads of other HW’s) have a chance, 50/50.
    But if Ruiz came in with even an average camp behind him, he beats Dubois all day long.
    I’m not even rating Ruiz very highly, but you always diss a foreign guy when comparing to a Brit, and you always overrate the Brit.
    When you say World class, you reckon the World starts in Cornwall and ends in Newcastle.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dubois beats Ruiz.

If Ruiz comes in a fat prick that’s not trained and been eating burritos for 8 weeks, then Dubois (and loads of other HW’s) have a chance, 50/50.
    But if Ruiz came in with even an average camp behind him, he beats Dubois all day long.
    I’m not even rating Ruiz very highly, but you always diss a foreign guy when comparing to a Brit, and you always overrate the Brit.
    When you say World class, you reckon the World starts in Cornwall and ends in Newcastle.

Mate, seriously that is just exposing the massive chip on your own shoulder. What is it with your insistence that being British means you will always over rate the British fighter? Ruiz is far from Shite and I really don't rate Dubois at all, but their place of birth has nothing to do with that opinion, and I don't think it has for Master either.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't lose sight that other than 3 minutes with a tailor made hand picked opponent, there remain legit questions surrounding Wilder. I can see Ruiz trying to keep a turtle shell low approach as Wilder was more than willing to give up ring straight back into the corner. Hooking out of the crouch. And his hand speed remains for him.

Problem is that before Ruiz breaks out and does well in his fights, he has to get into one and gets caught clean first . Always has. That's to his detriment here big time. Maybe Wilder breaks a hand on top of his head. But if Arreola is lining you up for a straight right and dropping you clean, I like Wilder if his stamina and wear and tear do not catch up mid rounds. They have talked about this for a bit and thought it may happen sooner but glad it's happening.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Dubois beats Ruiz.

Mate, seriously that is just exposing the massive chip on your own shoulder. What is it with your insistence that being British means you will always over rate the British fighter? Ruiz is far from Shite and I really don't rate Dubois at all, but their place of birth has nothing to do with that opinion, and I don't think it has for Master either.
    Mate, I’m not saying it’s a racist thing, what I’m saying is that it is believing the constant tub thumping of guys on our own doorstep, just because we know more about them and see them more.
    Before Crawford beat Ricky Burns, nobody over here knew much about Crawford. But put there names together now and it’s almost laughable.
    @ronswanson makes a fair point when says about another “British World Champion.”
    It’s the business side of things , the governing bodies put more people into title fights because their fights might make more money for the commission.
    Example , at one time the WBO was nicknamed the “Warren Boxing Organisation” because of his “special” relationship with them. The only person outside the U.K. that used to get WBO belts was Manny Pac, much for the same reasons.
    It’s all about the ching ching.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dubois is a “regular” World Champion. Now there are 4 governing bodies , say they each had a proper champ and each had a “regular” champ. That’s 8 guys max. And Infact the proper belts are held between 2 men, so that means 6 “champions” max.
    Can you honestly say Dubois is one of the 6 best HW’s in the World?
    He was manoeuvred into that position by his management and promotions team. It’s been going on forever.

Thread Information