Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default HW prospects..

16-0 Kubrat Pulev, gold medallist and holder of the EBU title:

Mike Perez 18-0, cuban, southpaw, won the International Prizefighter tournament:

30-0 denis boystov:

Robert helenius 17-0 (kayoed 3 former world champs and was injured in a gift decision over chisora so benefit of the doubt given):

20-0 joe hanks:

Seth Mitchell 26-0:

Rakhim Chakhkiyev 14-0 won gold at the 08 0lympics and silver at the 07 WABC's:

13-0 david price, won commonwealth gold and a bronze at the olympics:

Bryant Jennings 14-0:

Just a few to keep you going....which one's do u see doing big thing's in the future? Personally i don't see any of them touching the klitschko's right now (or ever in fact) and povetkin would be a stern test for all of them too. But they are certainly contenders for the post klitschko era along with chisora, chambers etc.
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 07-02-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson fury should be in that list too

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: HW prospects..

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I rate price as a better prospect.

El Kabong Guest

I like Joe Hanks, he's got fast hands, he's a likeable character, he's respectful, but at the same time he's confident. He has good power, and he looks comfortable in the ring. I can't wait until he moves a little farther up the heavyweight ladder.

Deontay Wilder should be mentioned, but I understand he's taking things rather slowly.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I rate price as a better prospect.
    Yes price is probably better at this stage, I would rate price above. But
    You have to think at 23 Fury still has a lot to learn and with heavyweights easily fighting until their 40's nowadays you have to think Fury is going to have a good chance of being a champion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good thread/list. I'll add a few more.

Vyacheslav Glazkov 12-0, 9 Knockouts

He's an Olympic bronze medalist from Ukraine. Good size at 6'3 225ish. Defeated Price as an amateur by ref stoppage.

Magomed Abdusalamov 14-0, 14 Knockouts

2005 & 2006 Russian amateur heavyweight champion. Training in Oxnard with one of the Garcia brothers. Fighting Maurice Byarm this Friday on ESPN2.

Bogdan Dinu 7-0, 4 Knockouts & Andy Ruiz Jr 14-0, 9 Knockouts

These two I don't know much about...but I've seen both in action and they appear to be decent. Dinu has great size at 6'5 230. Ruiz is one of those quick-fisted chubby guys. Promoted by Top Rank so I think we'll get to see more of him in the future.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    Good thread/list. I'll add a few more.

Vyacheslav Glazkov 12-0, 9 Knockouts

He's an Olympic bronze medalist from Ukraine. Good size at 6'3 225ish. Defeated Price as an amateur by ref stoppage.

Magomed Abdusalamov 14-0, 14 Knockouts

2005 & 2006 Russian amateur heavyweight champion. Training in Oxnard with one of the Garcia brothers. Fighting Maurice Byarm this Friday on ESPN2.

Bogdan Dinu 7-0, 4 Knockouts & Andy Ruiz Jr 14-0, 9 Knockouts

These two I don't know much about...but I've seen both in action and they appear to be decent. Dinu has great size at 6'5 230. Ruiz is one of those quick-fisted chubby guys. Promoted by Top Rank so I think we'll get to see more of him in the future.
    Edmund Gerber, Andrzej Wawrzyk are two more. The truth is they are all worthy prospects and possible contenders.

Derreck Chisora (although he proved himself unlike some of the others) is still relatively young so he should be there i suppose too! It's hard to think of him as anything other than a top heavyweight now though rather than a prospect...he lost to fury ihn a close one but was in terrible shape, outboxed helenius and was outclassed by vitali in a very game performance, the chisora that fought vitali beats fury! I wouldn't be suprised if he walks through haye either...

GREAT SIG BY THE WAY.
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 07-05-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I like Joe Hanks, he's got fast hands, he's a likeable character, he's respectful, but at the same time he's confident. He has good power, and he looks comfortable in the ring. I can't wait until he moves a little farther up the heavyweight ladder.

Deontay Wilder should be mentioned, but I understand he's taking things rather slowly.
    Hanks is training chisora for haye!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We have a Q&A going for the current EU champ Richard Towers. Bad last showing, but was brilliant before that.

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ml#post1083231

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Mr. Wilder puts it together with a win over Price, he should be in the group. So far, his slow progress has raised eyebrows.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, I think Pulev, Helenius, Boystov and Mitchell have progressed beyond being prospects and are contenders at this point. Frankly, maybe Jennings has too.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post

Hanks is training chisora for haye!
    Awesome, that will be great experience for him. Joe has quick hands and has a bit of pop in his punches as well. He's a well rounded boxer.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Klitschkos have got to be the luckiest sons of bitches on Earth. While not dissing their obvious skills.... it's an inescapable fact that they have ruled the HW division during one of the biggest talent droughts in the division's history. I'm neither a Klitschko fan or a hater, but this should be obvious to the most casual observer. You can talk up Wlad's opponents all day long, but the sad fact is that the division has been dismal during his reign.

Now, there's a slow trickle of new HW blood coming in..... but a dollar short and a day late. By the time they're ready to challenge for titles, the Klits will be long gone. Talk about incredible timing. I for one have enjoyed a couple of Wlad fights. But for the most part, I've been bored stiff. The one fight I was looking forward to in recent times was with Haye. And we all know how THAT turned out. Frankly, hope is dimming that there will be any Klitschko fight worthy of tuning in for..... much less PPV.

Again... I'm not blaming the Klits (Lyle). I'm just stating what I'm sure a lot of us feel. It's too bad, really. It would've been good to see Wlad truly challenged by a great fighter, one who wasn't carrying around some shit in the seat of his boxing trunks.

I'm looking forward for the HW division to be great again someday.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    The Klitschkos have got to be the luckiest sons of bitches on Earth. While not dissing their obvious skills.... it's an inescapable fact that they have ruled the HW division during one of the biggest talent droughts in the division's history. I'm neither a Klitschko fan or a hater, but this should be obvious to the most casual observer. You can talk up Wlad's opponents all day long, but the sad fact is that the division has been dismal during his reign.

Now, there's a slow trickle of new HW blood coming in..... but a dollar short and a day late. By the time they're ready to challenge for titles, the Klits will be long gone. Talk about incredible timing. I for one have enjoyed a couple of Wlad fights. But for the most part, I've been bored stiff. The one fight I was looking forward to in recent times was with Haye. And we all know how THAT turned out. Frankly, hope is dimming that there will be any Klitschko fight worthy of tuning in for..... much less PPV.

Again... I'm not blaming the Klits (Lyle). I'm just stating what I'm sure a lot of us feel. It's too bad, really. It would've been good to see Wlad truly challenged by a great fighter, one who wasn't carrying around some shit in the seat of his boxing trunks.

I'm looking forward for the HW division to be great again someday.

And now Wlad is fighting retreads.
    Oh well.....

El Kabong Guest

Wlad has had 3 rematches: Chris Byrd, Lamon Brewster, & Tony Thompson and even Wlad has admitted he doesn't WANT to fight Thompson because he's already beaten him, but in order to keep all his belts he has to.

ALSO The Klitschko era is no less different than many of the other heavyweight eras where there was just 1 (or in this case 2 great fighters....yes they are great). Joe Louis' era was poor, Marciano's era was poor, Jack Johnson's era was poor, Jack Dempsey's era was poor, the Baer-Braddock years were lean, Larry Holmes' era was bad...wouldn't have been as bad if Larry was older & fought with Ali, Frazier, & Foreman, or if he was younger and guys like Witherspoon, Snipes, et al were more experienced, hell there are extremely few cases of really great eras there's Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Norton, Lyle and there's Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe, Golota, Ruddock, etc.

The point is The Klitschko's are great champions and they can't control who they have to fight against. Wlad wanted Povetkin or Arreola but Povetkin will NEVER fight Wlad and Arreola will be thought of as "washed up" just because of a loss to Vitali & Adamek and it shouldn't be the case, he's a good fighter. People are too fucking picky these days.

Thread Information