Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How can I find a friend?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: How can I find a friend?

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I've been living in this new town for three weeks now and I realise that I miss good old fashioned company. I simply don't have any friends. It hasn't been so bad when the wife has been here because she usually just nags me and I am grateful to have someone to argue with (oh how I love to exagerate ), but this week she went to her sisters hospital as she has injured her ankle and next week will spend two final weeks finishing up her notice on her office job in the other city. It's Thursday and my weekend has already begun and whilst I could read a book or kill Zombies on the Playstation, I realise that I am starved of human companionship. It wouldn't be so bad if I was in my old city as I could just call someone up or just head out on my own as I know where people go, but I don't know anyone here. I was so bored that I even did the washing up earlier and that is just weird behaviour.

I wouldn't mind going out on my own to a quiet pub looking for conversation, but that's a bit scary considering that this is a small town and I teach young adults. Where do young adults spend their time? That's right, in the pub. It would be awful to have one of my students see me having a beer alone in a pub. I would look like a right sad old git. I could just spend all my time online annoying you lot and entertaining Bilbo, but likewise typing away on the internet is not the same as having a proper conversation with another human being. After all, a lot of you are shapeshifters and it isn't even clear if some of you are actual people.

So, a simple thread. How can I find a friend?
    Stop being a loser simple.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I've been living in this new town for three weeks now and I realise that I miss good old fashioned company. I simply don't have any friends. It hasn't been so bad when the wife has been here because she usually just nags me and I am grateful to have someone to argue with (oh how I love to exagerate ), but this week she went to her sisters hospital as she has injured her ankle and next week will spend two final weeks finishing up her notice on her office job in the other city. It's Thursday and my weekend has already begun and whilst I could read a book or kill Zombies on the Playstation, I realise that I am starved of human companionship. It wouldn't be so bad if I was in my old city as I could just call someone up or just head out on my own as I know where people go, but I don't know anyone here. I was so bored that I even did the washing up earlier and that is just weird behaviour.

I wouldn't mind going out on my own to a quiet pub looking for conversation, but that's a bit scary considering that this is a small town and I teach young adults. Where do young adults spend their time? That's right, in the pub. It would be awful to have one of my students see me having a beer alone in a pub. I would look like a right sad old git. I could just spend all my time online annoying you lot and entertaining Bilbo, but likewise typing away on the internet is not the same as having a proper conversation with another human being. After all, a lot of you are shapeshifters and it isn't even clear if some of you are actual people.

I am a loser because I have moved to a completely new city and haven't met any friends in the few weeks that I have been here? Erm....okay....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a loser because I have moved to a completely new city and haven't met any friends in the few weeks that I have been here? Erm....okay....
    With all the friends (enemies) you have here, what do you need more for?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plain white envelope on the counter....wait...whaa

ICB Guest

And people say i don't get sarcasm on here LOL, i didn't even read any of your posts on this thread. I was just joking with you mate because its first funny thing that popped into my head.

You know your cool in my book, but you was an English teacher so you lose brownie points for that one.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And people say i don't get sarcasm on here LOL, i didn't even read any of your posts on this thread. I was just joking with you mate because its first funny thing that popped into my head.

You know your cool in my book, but you was an English teacher so you lose brownie points for that one.

Ahh, use the smiley's then dammit!

I am very sensitive about the fact that I am Billy No-mates, but I am not too bad now. I just wanted a drinking buddy, but once you get past friday night and start getting into the familiar routines of the weekend life is quite alright. I have been very productive today.

ICB Guest

Ahh, use the smiley's then dammit!

I am very sensitive about the fact that I am Billy No-mates, but I am not too bad now. I just wanted a drinking buddy, but once you get past friday night and start getting into the familiar routines of the weekend life is quite alright. I have been very productive today.
    I was like that when i left school early on, i didn't really have many friends. But i started doing activities i liked. And i met people who obviously had the same interest's as me.

And i made some good friends out of it, i think your best bet is to join a club. Or go do a certain hobby you like to meet people.

That way atleast you both have something to talk about, and you both share the same hobby whichever that maybe.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My Father In Law moved to a new city when he was younger to shack up with his now wife. He too didn't know anybody so joined his local pub's football team, now he has loads of mates.

To be honest Miles I'd prob be a lot like you in your situation, keep myself to myself. Even so it's probably a good idea to join or partake in some sort of activity you enjoy, great for meeting like-minded friends

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    My Father In Law moved to a new city when he was younger to shack up with his now wife. He too didn't know anybody so joined his local pub's football team, now he has loads of mates.

To be honest Miles I'd prob be a lot like you in your situation, keep myself to myself. Even so it's probably a good idea to join or partake in some sort of activity you enjoy, great for meeting like-minded friends
    Is there loser clubs?

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Are.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'd have picked it straight away, Miles is an English teacher!

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Preme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Do you dance?

Don't know what you like to do except talk politics and religion with Bilbo.

Do you like to fish? Shoot pool. (Snooker)

Join a club. (RSL)
    Why have you put (Snooker) after pool. Do you think what we call snooker you call pool?
    Nope, what i call pool is either 8 ball or 9 ball. Played on smaller tables with bigger balls.

Snooker is played on a bigger table with smaller balls.

As I am currently in Australia, where they make a point of clarifying which type of pool you are speaking about, it has become some what of a habit when talking to people from the Common Wealth to include the word (Snooker).

Ok?
    This reminds me when I was in University and needed to make some friends so I thought I would go to the Pool room, as I am good at pool and at the previous University I made some good friends. Anyway saw a bunch of lads and start walking towards them but they were staring at me in such an unfriendly way as I was walking towards them that I had to walk past them and pretend that I wanted to read some information on the wall just behind them. Felt such a prat.

Classic
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had therapy after that and got over it until you brought back memories of it again.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jesus christ, I assumed this was a new thread made as a joke. @Gandalf why on earth did you leave, posting here might be the only way for you.

Thread Information