Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Sergio Martinez gloating thread

Well...... this is the "Official Sergio Martinez gloating thread", and I'm going to gloat.

Sergio was throwing the equivalent of a "no-hitter" (borrowing from Teddy Atlas' analogies) at Junior until the 12th round, where he got careless and Junior broke up the no-hitter. But the "game" still ended in a shutout.

Sergio showed he's 10 times the fighter and boxer that Junior is. We all over-use the word "exposed" around here.......... but in this case it fits like a glove. Junior got his ass EXPOSED. His "0" was built with a bunch of bums, and he only started to fight credible opposition in his last couple of fights. He's also been getting by on sheer size, by somehow bloating up by over 20 pounds and seriously outweighing his opponents. This takes absolutely no skill or heart. To me..... it's pretty close to cheating.

But tonight he got his cruiserweight ass beaten like a drum by Martinez, who showed him what a REAL champion is. I would say that Junior should move his ugly ass up to light heavyweight so he can get his ass beaten by the likes of Chad Dawson. But after last weekend that probably wouldn't work very well.

Great night for boxing!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jr camp making excuses about not warming up right and wieght

chavez thinks he could score a ko in a rematch lol

talking smack with both eyes closed

Martinez looks untouched
    Last edited by IllegalHit; 09-16-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: m

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Well...... this is the "Official Sergio Martinez gloating thread", and I'm going to gloat.

Sergio was throwing the equivalent of a "no-hitter" (borrowing from Teddy Atlas' analogies) at Junior until the 12th round, where he got careless and Junior broke up the no-hitter. But the "game" still ended in a shutout.

Sergio showed he's 10 times the fighter and boxer that Junior is. We all over-use the word "exposed" around here.......... but in this case it fits like a glove. Junior got his ass EXPOSED. His "0" was built with a bunch of bums, and he only started to fight credible opposition in his last couple of fights. He's also been getting by on sheer size, by somehow bloating up by over 20 pounds and seriously outweighing his opponents. This takes absolutely no skill or heart. To me..... it's pretty close to cheating.

But tonight he got his cruiserweight ass beaten like a drum by Martinez, who showed him what a REAL champion is. I would say that Junior should move his ugly ass up to light heavyweight so he can get his ass beaten by the likes of Chad Dawson. But after last weekend that probably wouldn't work very well.

Great night for boxing!!!
    Its good to hear that recap of the fight and yes ballooning up to 180 for middleweight contests is criminal.

Still wish Chavez hadn't scored that damn knockdown late as now Chavez and his fans have something to rally behind and latch on to after Martinez repeatedly said HE would KO Chavez...

11 out of 12 rounds ain't bad tho and I'll take it ! Martinez did it !

And it was a great night of boxing, the other card was very good as well I thought.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    if martinez wins i think you guys should all get together and circle jerk all over each other's chests then lick each other clean.

if chavez jr wins i know i'll celebrate by eating cereal wearing pink underwear.
    Utter domination. He is multiple classes above Junior. He took Junior to school. He deserves his Cotto/Canelo/Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. Where is @RuThLesSrocco ?

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martinez is on borrowed time, if or when he gets in the ring with Golovkin he's going to get sparked,
    sorry to say it chaps if Jr can hurt him. Golovkin will eat him alive he would not be able deal with his
    power or boxing skills.Sergio may last no more than 6 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sergio totally schooled and outclassed Junior in every sense. He could've skated through that last round and won a complete whitewash. He got caught, like most every fighter gets caught eventually. But he didn't run. He kept trading with Junior, risking it all. He showed some balls tonight. He also proved that he's stratospheres above Junior in boxing class.
    sergio was not fighting carefully in the last round and got caught. Not being careful in two respects: 1-he wasn't planning on just taking the round off and trying to put 180 seconds in the books, 2-he moved away with his hands down (as he always does), but he didn't do so with any real purpose. He got complacent for a second and forgot he was fighting a very big guy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Sergio's performance is more impressive to me now, since finding out that he broke his left hand in the 4th round, and tore knee ligaments. You never heard him say a word about it in his corner, and fought through it like a true champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    if martinez wins i think you guys should all get together and circle jerk all over each other's chests then lick each other clean.

if chavez jr wins i know i'll celebrate by eating cereal wearing pink underwear.
    Utter domination. He is multiple classes above Junior. He took Junior to school. He deserves his Cotto/Canelo/Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. Where is @RuThLesS rocco ?

I think @ruthless rocco had a sudden dentist appointment he couldn't get away from.
    And the effects of the novocaine will probably last for a week, or at least as long as it takes for the post-fight buzz to quiet down.

Oops....... did I insinuate something there?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Well Sergio's performance is more impressive to me now, since finding out that he broke his left hand in the 4th round, and tore knee ligaments. You never heard him say a word about it in his corner, and fought through it like a true champion.

Wow..... are you kidding me?!?

Think of what he would've done without those injuries.
    I found it strange he didn't go for the KO when he had Baby Huey backing up in the late rounds. Because I know it was a personal thing with Martinez toward Baby Huey. I gotta think that without the broken hand, Martinez would've KTFO'ed him.

And although Martinez did the sportsmanship thing at the end of the fight and sort of hugged Baby Huey...... I'm glad he didn't give him too much credit in the post-fight interview, only to say that he (Junior) gave it his all. That's so people won't say he's just a hater.

I would've been a lot less gracious.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Utter domination. He is multiple classes above Junior. He took Junior to school. He deserves his Cotto/Canelo/Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. Where is @RuThLesS rocco ?

I think @ruthless rocco had a sudden dentist appointment he couldn't get away from.
    And the effects of the novocaine will probably last for a week, or at least as long as it takes for the post-fight buzz to quiet down.

Oops....... did I insinuate something there?

Ever notice how ruthless picks pugs to win that the rest of want to see lose. He wants to be the only one that was right so he can tell us what a fucking genius he is.

<~ ruthless ~>

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What?? Martinez only made half of what JCC JR made?? Fucking criminal

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post

Yep. It's bullshit.

But Sergio said before the fight, that it wasn't about the money to him. Taking back his title and showing that Chavez didn't deserve it was what was important to him.

Now that he's done that, he better start getting the big money and bigger fights. The guy more than deserves it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep. It's bullshit.

But Sergio said before the fight, that it wasn't about the money to him. Taking back his title and showing that Chavez didn't deserve it was what was important to him.

Now that he's done that, he better start getting the big money and bigger fights. The guy more than deserves it.
    The problem is he's Argentinian. If he was Mexican he'd be a massive PPV star but he's got no serious fanbase in America and he doesn't speak English, he isn't outrageous or a nutter outside the ring and he doesn't do a lot of trash talking. If he fights people like Golovkin or Geale then he's the left side of the poster but it isn't such a big fight. If he fights Mayweather, Canelo or even Cotto then they're going to make the bigger chunk of the split. If he fights JCC again he'll probably make the biggest part of the split as he owns the belt and the win over Chavez but Chavez will still be the main selling point of that fight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Yep. It's bullshit.

The problem is he's Argentinian. If he was Mexican he'd be a massive PPV star but he's got no serious fanbase in America and he doesn't speak English, he isn't outrageous or a nutter outside the ring and he doesn't do a lot of trash talking. If he fights people like Golovkin or Geale then he's the left side of the poster but it isn't such a big fight. If he fights Mayweather, Canelo or even Cotto then they're going to make the bigger chunk of the split. If he fights JCC again he'll probably make the biggest part of the split as he owns the belt and the win over Chavez but Chavez will still be the main selling point of that fight.

This..... unfortunately..... is 100% correct.
    Totally unfair and undeserved.... but correct.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Yep. It's bullshit.

This..... unfortunately..... is 100% correct.
    Totally unfair and undeserved.... but correct.

And this is why most non Mexicans hate on Mexican fighters
    The key is Self-discipline.

Thread Information