Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nasty Weather Thread

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: The Nasty Weather Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Nasty Weather Update:

We're bracing for any possible impact from Tropical Storm Dorian due to be coming around the neighborhood late Wednesday to early Thursday.

On a side note, Dorian is female, which is the gender it was assigned at birth.
    Hunker down.....got your booze rations ready? Those are vitally important!!!! Power could be out for days, you could get bored!

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nasty Weather Update:

We're bracing for any possible impact from Tropical Storm Dorian due to be coming around the neighborhood late Wednesday to early Thursday.

That is not what Oscar said
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Nasty Weather Update:

Hunker down.....got your booze rations ready? Those are vitally important!!!! Power could be out for days, you could get bored!
    Oh shit I hate those days without power it is a good time to catch up on reading though I hope it’s not to bad for u and yours

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good luck with Dorian. Looks like a scrambled shit but as normal due to intensify. Last storm I talked shat about ended up destroying two family homes and leaving them homeless so maybe I should take them more serious. No but really fuck you Dorian. I am really tired of watching these things every year. Locally I've come to the conclusion that parts of Louisiana will be uninhabitable in maybe 8-12 yrs. it takes one heavy rain storm of maybe 30 minutes and we've got major flooding in areas that have never seen it. Had schools flood yesterday and so many impassable roads. Everyone always blames 'the pumps the pumps' but I think it's the inevitability of living in a soup bowl below sea level. If things go to shat city officials will open-close gates accordingly to save the tourist districts etc but the outer regions will be written off. Not to be fatalistic but seems fairly obvious.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey thanks guys. As "luck" would have it, it's now curling north and every 3-hour bulletin has it more and more as a direct strike on Puerto Rico. Now we're just left with the hopes that it doesn't intensify.

I'll see that "fuck you Dorian", Spicoli, and raise you several dozen fucks. Yeah... it's getting pretty tiring to look upon August, September (the worst), and October with weary eyes and crossed fingers.

There are STILL places here that haven't fully recovered from Maria two years ago.

But yeah, I'm probably gonna be without power for days on end, so at least you guys will have a respite from my LGBTQ posts.

I may have pissed Dorian off by my earlier quip about it having had its gender assigned at birth. It'll probably stall right over my house.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If anybody's interested... I survived Dorian unscathed. Cat 1 hurricanes are child's play to me now (just kidding).

No... actually... I talked really sternly to Dorian and she veered off and barely skimmed us in the NE corner of Puerto Rico.

So I still got power, and it looks like you guys won't be able to get rid of me that easily.

Feel sorry for the folks in Florida though. Dorian is supposed to strengthen over the next couple of days, and it looks like Florida is its next target.

Lyle and Spicoli, I hope neither of you has to bother with Dorian.

Just once I wish a hurricane would spawn in the Caribbean and go over to West Africa and bother THEM. Damn place is a hurricane factory.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dorian is one ugly behemoth. It's sitting stock still and really needs to turn it's arse North already and let's hope the East coasts biggest problem are some high winds and surge while the eye stays over water. Needs to get moving though.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Dorian is one ugly behemoth. It's sitting stock still and really needs to turn it's arse North already and let's hope the East coasts biggest problem are some high winds and surge while the eye stays over water. Needs to get moving though.
    Have you heard how far up the east coast it’s supposed to go

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    By the looks skirt right along till Cape Hatteras but predicting these is a lot like predicting the next dominate heavyweight champ. For a minute..what seems like 2 weeks ago .. I was convinced it would shoot across the panhandle.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    By the looks skirt right along till Cape Hatteras but predicting these is a lot like predicting the next dominate heavyweight champ. For a minute..what seems like 2 weeks ago .. I was convinced it would shoot across the panhandle.
    It’s weird when they say east coast I always think New England. On occasion a storm will do something hang out over water and hit us.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What Dorian has done to the Bahamas is horrific. All that massive destruction and loss of life and still pedantic anal fucking idiots are arguing about semantics and taking some kind of twisted pride in boasting that they will never change and that the man made warming of the oceans that fuel these huge hurricanes is just a conspiracy as they promote fossil fuels and the entire petro/chemical military industrial complex that perpetuates and exacerbates the situation. No wonder they are so allergic to any kind of personal responsibility or notions of social justice when they back the forces that orphan children and flatten countries.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    What Dorian has done to the Bahamas is horrific. All that massive destruction and loss of life and still pedantic anal fucking idiots are arguing about semantics and taking some kind of twisted pride in boasting that they will never change and that the man made warming of the oceans that fuel these huge hurricanes is just a conspiracy as they promote fossil fuels and the entire petro/chemical military industrial complex that perpetuates and exacerbates the situation. No wonder they are so allergic to any kind of personal responsibility or notions of social justice when they back the forces that orphan children and flatten countries.
    There has always been hurricanes there will always be hurricanes. The people that live in the Bahamas understand that, the people who live on the coast in my state know that.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is someone here doing that or you are just ranting about “other people” who’s ideas you dislike? Must you make every thread a shit sling. Some guys here are dealing with it that’s why it was brought up

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    There has always been hurricanes there will always be hurricanes. The people that live in the Bahamas understand that, the people who live on the coast in my state know that.
    You are part of the problem. Nobody said there were never hurricanes. You have a history of adding fuel to any fire so it is no surprise that you would deny anything and claim to be an expert in order to never change a thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...floods-bahamas
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

You are part of the problem. Nobody said there were never hurricanes. You have a history of adding fuel to any fire so it is no surprise that you would deny anything and claim to be an expert in order to never change a thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...floods-bahamas
    Well when are YOU giving up fossil fuels etc?

I took one look at who wrote that article and didn't bother reading anything else....Michael Mann ....you STILL believe that guy?

Thread Information