Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default PACMAN: Champion with no belt?

People are saying that Pacman is currently the best in the superfeatherweight division. I too would agree to that however he hasn't captured yet the necessary number of belts to cement his legacy. Without those belts, he won't have any legacy. Hope he gets a world title soon, maybe after his fight with Barrera.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PACMAN: Champion with no belt?

Pac and many other fighters have proven that you don't need a belt to prove your the best.
    I remember when Pac, Winky and MAB didn't have a belt and yet they were the top 3 P4P fighters in the world.
    If Pac captures belt's good, if he doesn't it's OK what matters is that he wins fights and beats the best.
    The best don't necessairly have to have belts.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Pac and many other fighters have proven that you don't need a belt to prove your the best.
    I remember when Pac, Winky and MAB didn't have a belt and yet they were the top 3 P4P fighters in the world.
    If Pac captures belt's good, if he doesn't it's OK what matters is that he wins fights and beats the best.
    I fully agree to that. However, belts are for posterity's sake. Future boxing enthusiasts will judge you on the number of belts you have held and the number of weight classes you ruled.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As long as you fight the best fighters around you will be recognised as the best in the world.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    I fully agree to that. However, belts are for posterity's sake. Future boxing enthusiasts will judge you on the number of belts you have held and the number of weight classes you ruled.
    Initially yes
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Ring Magazine very much agree with you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton has no alphabet belts, yet there is no question about his quality, as a jr. welter he is king of his division. Pac similar situation

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft
    The Ring Magazine very much agree with you.
    Ring magazine has actually helped cement the legacy of Pacquaio.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Ring belt and ratings is the best and will last longer than these alphabet titles.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    The Ring belt and ratings is the best and will last longer than these alphabet titles.
    Amazing that.

Weve almost come full circle back to the old newspaper results.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well it'll be up to the people that know belts mean shit (for the most part) to educate them.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Future boxing enthusiasts will judge you on the number of belts you have held and the number of weight classes you ruled."

majority of people doesnt even know what belts muhamed ali won or held, but everyone has heard of him as being the greatest heavyweight boxer.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mnmc10
    "Future boxing enthusiasts will judge you on the number of belts you have held and the number of weight classes you ruled."

majority of people doesnt even know what belts muhamed ali won or held, but everyone has heard of him as being the greatest heavyweight boxer.
    Because there are people who researched and talked about how great he was.There was a movie which was dedicated for him with Will Smith playing his role.If you have Will Smith to play your life, even the kinder grader will know you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But Ali didn need all that, he didn need a movie a documentary or continued media coverage. He got em but only because his legacy is passed down almost like a fairytale among families etc. He didn need to be researched, people new the story, damn near everybody new the story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because there are people who researched and talked about how great he was.There was a movie which was dedicated for him with Will Smith playing his role.If you have Will Smith to play your life, even the kinder grader will know you.
    Will Smith on MIB, kids will surely remember him. Will Smith on The Pursuit of Happyness or Ali i dont think so....

i first heard of ali during the 80's it was the holmes era i think. everytime a heavyweight fight is on, old people will compare or talk about ali on how great he was. there where no internet or cable TV to research on him back then remember? it was all word of mouth from old guys! EVERYBODY KNOWS HIM AS A GREAT HEAVYWEIGHT BOXER! not his ABC belts.

Thread Information