Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Maybe Wladimir isn't so bad...

After seeing some of the videos to the build up of his fight against David Haye he has come across as a really nice and funny guy, very entertaining! Now I'm a David Haye fan but I'm almost turning against Haye due to some of his antics and how he is acting towards Wladimir now the fight closes in. Is it just me or are any of you guys falling to his charm?
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Maybe Wladimir isn't so bad...

No I am impressed with him also. I want Haye to win but Wlad certainly has won the promotional battle, "shake the hand" and "I love Borat" blew away Haye.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    No I am impressed with him also. I want Haye to win but Wlad certainly has won the promotional battle, "shake the hand" and "I love Borat" blew away Haye.
    "Shake my magic had" was hilarious!
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

El Kabong Guest

Even Wlad's opponent has to fight back a smile and some laughter (see below)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to say their is nothing I find more boring in boxing than a guy that tries to win over fans by being nice.

I like the bad guys of the sport, always have. They're funny before the fight, their funny if they win and their even funnier if they lose after weeks of big talk.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really like the guy, but I gotta hope that Haye Sparks him from a patriotic point of view.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    I have to say their is nothing I find more boring in boxing than a guy that tries to win over fans by being nice.

I like the bad guys of the sport, always have. They're funny before the fight, their funny if they win and their even funnier if they lose after weeks of big talk.
    That's how I see it too. This is the hurt business, not golf or a game of ping pong. Fighter who go out of their way to be nice like Mosley/pac/wlad bore me to death. IT's even worse when you try to touch gloves every minute to make secret agreements. Bad guys will always sell more.. These guys have more personality, love it or hate it, and people watch them because of it.

I guess Wlad has charmed some people with his latest stuff but I dont find him funny nor witty at all. Looks like he tries too hard and comes with full of cliches.. Haye puts him in his place verbally everytime imo... Wlad never had an edge over him in a war or words..

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post

That's how I see it too. This is the hurt business, not golf or a game of ping pong. Fighter who go out of their way to be nice like Mosley/pac/wlad bore me to death. IT's even worse when you try to touch gloves every minute to make secret agreements. Bad guys will always sell more.. These guys have more personality, love it or hate it, and people watch them because of it.

I guess Wlad has charmed some people with his latest stuff but I dont find him funny nor witty at all. Looks like he tries too hard and comes with full of cliches.. Haye puts him in his place verbally everytime imo... Wlad never had an edge over him in a war or words..
    I'm sorry but Haye appeared a little shook in one of the funny videos with Wlad. Wlad hasn't shown an ounce of fear yet. I hope both sides give credit where it's due regardless of who wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you think Haye put Wlad in his place verbally during the run up to this fight then you haven't watched the videos OR you need to tell your significant other about your crush on Haye.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    if you think Haye put Wlad in his place verbally during the run up to this fight then you haven't watched the videos OR you need to tell your significant other about your crush on Haye.
    Wlad's verbal intimidation/schooling of Haye is all the more amazing since English is his second or 3rd language, Wlad has Haye so fucking flustered, he's afraid to be in the same room.

El Kabong Guest

Wlad's a class act, always has been. The WBA title holder just wants attention....he's going to get it alright

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem with the heavyweight division is NOT the Klitchkos. It is everyone else.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    The problem with the heavyweight division is NOT the Klitchkos. It is everyone else.
    Good point, and a lot of it has to do with the Klitschko's being as good as they are, in fairness to "everyone else", the K-Bros usually have a huge size advantage over their opponents.

El Kabong Guest

Size isn't the issue, the issue is that The Klitschko's take the sport seriously, they train hard, they live clean, and ODDLY nobody seems to be able to challenge them.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Size isn't the issue, the issue is that The Klitschko's take the sport seriously, they train hard, they live clean, and ODDLY nobody seems to be able to challenge them.
    Except for Vitali who was busted for steroids.

Thread Information