Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  51
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Choco-Srisaket II/Inoue-Nieves/Cuadras-Estrada - Sept 9 Great Card!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Choco-Srisaket II/Inoue-Nieves/Cuadras-Estrada - Sept 9 Great Card!!!

Cuadras v Estrada was a cracking fight, I had it a draw with Cuadras having a handy lead. Why he kept on going southpaw and being so erratic I do not know but it cost him the fight.

The wrong scoring at the end was a joke.
    Last edited by Master; 09-11-2017 at 05:22 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Choco-Srisaket II/Inoue-Nieves/Cuadras-Estrada - Sept 9 Great Card!!!

Hell of a card that lived up to all expectations.

Cuedras - Estrada was very competitive early but for me Estrada figured Cuedras out and just outworked the guy in the accuracy of shots landed. He never let Cuedras reset and should have won a bit wider on the cards (once Buffer had sorted it out )

I want to be a bit wary claiming along with many others that Inoue is something special this early, but though Nieves is not the stoutest of measuring sticks you can't really pick a lot of holes in his short career so far. He is a spiteful hitter that never relies on one shot or his favourite punch and so represents real danger to anyone at the weight. Amazing variety and a fight with Srisaket could be a modern classic.

Choco never looked like he really believed he won the first fight here tonight and he was made to look like very average for somebody with his kind of portfolio. A combination of age, lack of desire and being mentally shot with the most important factor being Srisaket's self belief and determination to fight his own fight. It was so one sided that you would have to conclude that Choco's head was somewhere else for large parts of it and ended up looking like a very watery Ovaltine come the end. Tempted to say great finishing skills by Srisaket but not sure a lot of other top class operators are going to be quite that open for it.

Brilliant though unexpected end to a great trio of fights with no filler to water them down. Class.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    Inoue will annihilate Srisaket, he's far to open/easy to hit, he'll have no chance walking past Inoue's monster left hand jab/hook and if he does he'll be getting chinned with right hands he never saw coming.

Nobody in this division is taking flush shots off Inoue.
    I think you underestimate Wang. He is a pressure fighter that will be too much for Inoue. Inoue doesn't move his head well coming in. Wangek will stand his ground and force the jap to use plan b.
    Trust me, I love Wang
    LOLZ

Choco looked a completely different fighter to what we are used to seeing, the first fight was close and controversial, there is certainly no question about that one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight and knock out the first fight was fun watch i still can not believe this guy was pound for pound ranked 1 over likes of Ward and Crawford. He just got his career destroyed by a man who for past 10 fights before fighting him was fighting guys with shit records and a lot of them debuting in boxing. Anyway good luck to the guy hope he can find something else to do or moved back down because he look just like another guy in this weight class.
    Last edited by Mr140; 09-11-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Great fight and knock out the first fight was fun watch i still can not believe this guy was pound for pound ranked 1 over likes of Ward and Crawford. He just got his career destroyed by a man who for past 10 fights before fighting him was fighting guys with shit records and a lot of them debuting in boxing. Anyway good luck to the guy hope he can find something else to do or moved back down because he look just like another guy in this weight class.
    I can answer why you think it's ridiculous this man was rated P4P above Ward? First some stats for perspective (seeing as you love boxrec).

44-0 (38 KOs)

FOUR-weight "world" champion.

LINEAL flyweight champion (one of the most decorated/strongest linage divisions in the entire history of boxing).

SIXTEEN consecutive world title fight wins (ALL won/defended on foreign soil/THREE different countries).

NINE victories over former/current "world" champions.

So ignoring his visually brilliant style/skills, accomplishments and treasure trove of silverware - you can't understand why a man that's fought 100% of his title fights outside his own native country could possibly rank above a man that's had the privilege of never leaving home (USA)?

Hmm... I wonder why you're struggling with this concept?
    Last edited by Fenster; 09-11-2017 at 08:52 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't bother @Fenster those that actually follow boxing (not just certain divisions) know how good Gonzalez was. Age, wars and weight have taken their toll.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can answer why you think it's ridiculous this man was rated P4P above Ward? First some stats for perspective (seeing as you love boxrec).

44-0 (38 KOs)

LINEAL flyweight champion (one of the most decorated/strongest linage divisions in the entire history of boxing).

SIXTEEN consecutive world title fight wins (ALL won/defended on foreign soil/THREE different countries).

So ignoring his visually brilliant style/skills, accomplishments and treasure trove of silverware - you can't understand why a man that's fought 100% of his title fights outside his own native country could possibly rank above a man that's had the privilege of never leaving home (USA)?

You honestly think that man is the best boxer there is then i have nothing to say to you. Ward is diva but he and Crawford are far more talented then that guy in deeper divisions so no he should of never been ranked that high.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Don't bother @Fenster those that actually follow boxing (not just certain divisions) know how good Gonzalez was. Age, wars and weight have taken their toll.
    Oh i watch a lot of boxing i been watching this sport for sometime but never watched Gonzalez and thought he best in the sport. I do not like Ward at all but he is the best in the sport and craft is on par with Hopkins.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh i watch a lot of boxing i been watching this sport for sometime but never watched Gonzalez and thought he best in the sport. I do not like Ward at all but he is the best in the sport and craft is on par with Hopkins.
    I know you watch a lot of boxing and I can assure you Gonzalez had been absolutely brilliant beating all the opponents and then being seen by US audiences he was put as p4p the best fighter because of the added exposure. These guys are one loss away from losing the title.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I know you watch a lot of boxing and I can assure you Gonzalez had been absolutely brilliant beating all the opponents and then being seen by US audiences he was put as p4p the best fighter because of the added exposure. These guys are one loss away from losing the title.
    Ward is on top of the bunch right now i mean to comeback and stop Kov like he did was something i would never expect. I have never been a fan of the guy but his list of beaten opponents is better then anyone one. Crawford might be early call but when i watch him fight i see generational talent it will be interesting to see how 147 goes. Also biased or not i do not rate all division the same 130-147 is fucking stacked make it there i put you on different place then 108 to 115. There huge difference in talent pool when you fighting between 130-175 then 108-118 more people and more money to be had. Choco was pound for pound top 10 i am fine with that but the best in boxing eh that is pushing it.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gonzalez has said that whilst he is considering retiring he hasn't made a final decision yet but if he does decide to continue he will carry on at the same weight
    Last edited by Batman; 09-12-2017 at 04:30 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chocolatito has beaten some solid fighters though. It's not like he stayed at minimum weight and had no competition. He fought multiple fighters who have been highly regarded even though they are smaller guys.

I'm not saying you have to necessarily have him #1, but you would have to admit that he at least has a good case to be a top p4p fighter because of his skill and resume.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

44-0 (38 KOs)

You honestly think that man is the best boxer there is then i have nothing to say to you. Ward is diva but he and Crawford are far more talented then that guy in deeper divisions so no he should of never been ranked that high.

You stated it was baffling that an unbeaten, multi-weight world champion that had ventured all over the globe winning titles was so revered.

I considered maybe it's because you haven't got a clue who he is? I was right, as you admitted.

i watch a lot of boxing i been watching this sport for sometime but never watched Gonzalez
    Many fans delve deeper into the sport than the popular American fighters. It's a global sport. Fame/money doesn't surpass ability/accomplishment when assessing their quality, there's no extra points for popularity. You don't understand why he's rated so high because you only watch a tiny pool of fighters.
    Last edited by Fenster; 09-12-2017 at 06:19 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    Wangek will stand his ground
    Easier said than done against that fucker. I think he'll have the balls to try it but I don't think he'll be very successful.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

44-0 (38 KOs)

You stated it was baffling that an unbeaten, multi-weight world champion that had ventured all over the globe winning titles was so revered.

I considered maybe it's because you haven't got a clue who he is? I was right, as you admitted.

i watch a lot of boxing i been watching this sport for sometime but never watched Gonzalez
    Many fans delve deeper into the sport than the popular American fighters. It's a global sport. Fame/money doesn't surpass ability/accomplishment when assessing their quality, there's no extra points for popularity. You don't understand why he's rated so high because you only watch a tiny pool of fighters.
    Loved your first post, but this one is the dishonesty that drives me crazy. You are on the right side of the argument, you don't need to pull the weak dishonest crap. Cutting off his sentence to make it seem he said something he didn't is Bush League

Thread Information