Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default anyone visit yahoo.com lately?

Last day or two, whenever I try to access Yahoo! , I get a site that says Yahoo!. Seems kind of odd that there would be the letter m before the www like that. I could understand it being after the www, but not before. Is this happening to anyone else?

edit: OK the URL for Yahoo seems to now be m.Yahoo!. anyone else notice this

edit: never mind. The way Saddos automatically formats URLs is a pain in the ass
    Last edited by CGM; 11-03-2008 at 06:44 PM.

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: anyone visit yahoo.com lately?

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    Last day or two, whenever I try to access Yahoo! , I get a site that says Yahoo!. Seems kind of odd that there would be the letter m before the www like that. I could understand it being after the www, but not before. Is this happening to anyone else?

edit: never mind. The way Saddos automatically formats URLs is a pain in the ass
    The M is for mobile but what you experienced was a test by yahoo who were testing a new site layout/design

Some Yahoo Users Noticing New Home Page Design

It does however look as though they switched back to the old layout, if you can still see the new layout and still get sent to m.Yahoo!
    you might need to clean out history, cookies, cache.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelees_vassal View Post

The M is for mobile but what you experienced was a test by yahoo who were testing a new site layout/design

It does however look as though they switched back to the old layout, if you can still see the new layout and still get sent to m.Yahoo!
    It is a good idea to do this regularly if you have:
    a. a wife
    b. a girlfriend
    c. a parent who checks your PC
    d. a PC that is acting slow, and getting low on memory.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks bud. I still get the new layout with the m on the url. At least now I know there is a reason. Personally, I think that fucking with their own site like this is not good business. IMO it shows a certain disregard for the useers of their site. Oh well, no big deal, I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it's a language setting cause the site's still in English. And I have tried deleting all my cookies and also clearing the cache. And I still can only get m.www,yahoo.com, even when i type in the proper URL, Yahoo!, manually. And I don't like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brucelees_vassal View Post

It is a good idea to do this regularly if you have:
    a. a wife
    b. a girlfriend
    c. a parent who checks your PC
    d. a PC that is acting slow, and getting low on memory.

I would recommend going to FileHippo.com - Download Free Software and getting ccleaner (crap cleaner) making sure you check all boxes and settings have the security passwords to NSA 35.. that will clean your machine - good and hard.

The m(DOT)yahoo.com is a subdomain of Yahoo and is always on and off for beta (testing) reasons.

I would suggest you join Google movement. It does most things in a jiffy and Yahoo is no longer in the same league since they offered microsoft to buy them out after rejecting the first offers.. domain-b.com : Yahoo asks Microsoft to improve takeover offer
    Hidden Content - my fitness and boxing blog!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

M(DOT)Yahoo.com is a BETA subdomain of Yahoo and it is always on and off

Regarding Cache and cookies, get ccleaner from FileHippo.com - Download Free Software and in advanced settings check the maximum security passes deletion
    Hidden Content - my fitness and boxing blog!

Thread Information