Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Groves vs Eubank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    @Primo Carnera Groves isn’t that slick, Froch had no problem finding him and Carl isn’t that quick (he never found Ward or Dirrell) he only found Taylor when Jermain’s gas tank ran out.
    Did you see the Froch v Groves fights? I'm not talking about the KO punch, I'm talking about all 16 or 17 rounds. Don't forget, at the time, Froch was the champ and widely seen as top dog in the division (not counting Ward because he was hibernating) and Groves made him look like a novice for long parts of those fights.
    And if Eubank is so quick , why couldn't he lay a glove on Saunders for 6 rounds?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor and Dirrell made Froch look like a novice for large parts of their fights against him. Eubank wasn’t really throwing for the first six rounds, it’s not like he was being made to miss a lot. He just wasn’t being active.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor and Dirrell made Froch look like a novice for large parts of their fights against him. Eubank wasn’t really throwing for the first six rounds, it’s not like he was being made to miss a lot. He just wasn’t being active.
    But WHY Wasn't he being active? Do you think he thought "I'll skip the first 6 rounds". He wasn't active because he couldn't pin Saunders down. He couldn't work him out. It made him look like an amateur.
    As for Froch, his biggest strength is that he stays in there, and is difficult to put away. Nobody is saying Froch was a great Boxer. Fuck me, I was one of his biggest critics on here..........but the only person who beat him easy became the best fighter in the World.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    But WHY Wasn't he being active? Do you think he thought "I'll skip the first 6 rounds". He wasn't active because he couldn't pin Saunders down. He couldn't work him out. It made him look like an amateur.
    As for Froch, his biggest strength is that he stays in there, and is difficult to put away. Nobody is saying Froch was a great Boxer. Fuck me, I was one of his biggest critics on here..........but the only person who beat him easy became the best fighter in the World.

He was an 18 fight novice at the time and he’s improved a lot since then. Saunders appears to have gotten worse to be honest. Maybe making 160 affected him or maybe he just gave Saunders too much respect early (I don’t know) but BJS is avoiding a rematch and any serious fight for that matter.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was an 18 fight novice at the time and he’s improved a lot since then. Saunders appears to have gotten worse to be honest. Maybe making 160 affected him or maybe he just gave Saunders too much respect early (I don’t know) but BJS is avoiding a rematch and any serious fight for that matter.
    Maybe, maybe, maybe. Exactly my point. No doubt he's improved, but we won't know by how much until he beats somebody better than Saunders. They're different weights now , so they ain't fighting, although I completely agree with what you said about Saunders.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why did Eubank jr move up to 168?

Was it a mixture of avoidance from BJS? A fresh start? Or was he struggling to make weight?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Was it a mixture of avoidance from BJS? A fresh start? Or was he struggling to make weight?
    More opportunities. BJS was not giving him a rematch, he could not work with Hearn/Eddie and he had a chance to win a super middleweight title.

I am sure Junior can go down to middleweight.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he was struggling to make weight but only he knows for sure

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair to him, I'm amazed he made MW for so long with his frame and physique . He probably could make MW because he clearly trains like a dog, but why kill yourself doing it.
    All this avoiding stuff is rubbish. I reckon Eubank Jr. would fight anyone , and I don't even like him.
    The reason fights didn't get made is because his Dad is a deluded fucking idiot who thinks he's a sharp businessman when in reality , he's thick as pigshit!
    I heard Sr. in an interview the other day saying "after these next 3 fights, Jr. will be a multi Millionaire."
    If he hadn't been such a cunt in negotiations with Golovkin , that fight alone would've made him a multi millionaire.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 10-11-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair to him, I'm amazed he made MW for so long with his frame and physique . He probably could make MW because he clearly trains like a dog, but why kill yourself doing it.
    Especially when the better opportunities are up in weight. He can stay home and make big money fighting the likes of Groves and DeGale

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Groves v Eubank jnr

This is gonna be a belter of a fight.
    Hearing it's gonna be January 2018 in a London football stadium.
    Both fighters are on fire and it's hard to pick a winner.
    Is Eubanks relentless output too much and leave GG gassing or does Groves do a Saunders and box clever.
    Eubank Seems to have more power at SMW.
    Can't wait for this... who you picking?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Groves v Eubank jnr

Can Eubank jr handle a decent bodyshot?

His body is always in perfect condition.

I like Groves and was happy for him when he won the world title...I just feel as though he won't get any better but Jr is on the rise in prime.

Groves is the better boxer and surely has the power...Jr has the combinations and seems to have a better engine.

I will happily pay for this one and both fighters deserve it.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Groves v Eubank jnr

Can Eubank jr handle a decent bodyshot?

His body is always in perfect condition.

I like Groves and was happy for him when he won the world title...I just feel as though he won't get any better but Jr is on the rise in prime.

Groves is the better boxer and surely has the power...Jr has the combinations and seems to have a better engine.

I will happily pay for this one and both fighters deserve it.
    I'll pay for this one as well, I'm just hoping that they keep it at £10 but you know they will up it to £20

Thread Information