Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default odlh:"pacquiao couldnt have hurt me"

Oscar De La Hoya blog: Pacquiao-Cotto

"Cotto has a good chin and a big heart. He’s a natural welterweight who hits hard and is also smart and fast. Pacquiao doesn’t hit hard enough to knock anyone out in the welterweight division. I’m basing that on my fight against Pacquiao. I could’ve stood there and put my face in front of him and he couldn’t have hurt me"

what do you guys think of this statement from delahoya.. i think he is a sore loser coz the cotto pac fight is with in top rank and he aint getting a penny out of it.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: odlh:"pacquiao couldnt have hurt me"

Quote Originally Posted by josef4334 View Post

"Cotto has a good chin and a big heart. He’s a natural welterweight who hits hard and is also smart and fast. Pacquiao doesn’t hit hard enough to knock anyone out in the welterweight division. I’m basing that on my fight against Pacquiao. I could’ve stood there and put my face in front of him and he couldn’t have hurt me"

what do you guys think of this statement from delahoya.. i think he is a sore loser coz the cotto pac fight is with in top rank and he aint getting a penny out of it.
    His face looks like he got mug by 5 men. I know it hurts!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Delahoya was a punching bag, and Pac was seemingly cutting him down step by step, but there was no sign of huge one punch knock out power in that fight. It was more an accumulation of buzzsaw combinations.

I'm not convinced that Pac is a big puncher at the higher weights, despite what happened to Hatton. Hatton has been getting hurt a lot in recent fights. Collazo is no puncher and he rocked Hatton. Lazcano wobbled him twice and Mayweather got him out of there. It seems Hattons conditioning and ability to eat punches with his face has led to him becoming progressively less resilient and it culminated in the Pac fiasco.

I don't think Pac is going to be able to stop Cotto. Certainly nothing like the Hatton fight.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im looking forward to this fight , and I may well be way off the mark , but i have a feeling Pacman wins early. I think he is to fast , i think his main chance is by early blowout.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Delahoya was a punching bag, and Pac was seemingly cutting him down step by step, but there was no sign of huge one punch knock out power in that fight. It was more an accumulation of buzzsaw combinations.

I'm not convinced that Pac is a big puncher at the higher weights, despite what happened to Hatton. Hatton has been getting hurt a lot in recent fights. Collazo is no puncher and he rocked Hatton. Lazcano wobbled him twice and Mayweather got him out of there. It seems Hattons conditioning and ability to eat punches with his face has led to him becoming progressively less resilient and it culminated in the Pac fiasco.

I don't think Pac is going to be able to stop Cotto. Certainly nothing like the Hatton fight.
    I just saw the hbo replay bact to back of pac-dlh & cotto-clottey, the speed difference is too much for cottoto overcome. Pac by domination stoppage again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac wore Oscar down with a culmination of punches...and we all know Oscar was weight drained. Say what you want about Oscar...but the guy has a great chin...and he has taken on bigger punchers than Manny and stood his ground. At this weight...i don't see Pac having KO power...but he can use his speed against slower opponents to wear them out. Cotto has to fight smart to offset Pac's speed. The worst thing Miguel can do is to come into this fight looking to brawl or chase Pac...if he does this...he will lose and maybe lose badly. He needs to use his great jab, draw Pac in, counter him, and set up for the power shots. Pac, for all of his improvements, basically fights one way...jump in with flurries. It is incredibly important that Cotto does not allow Manny to get off to a fast start. Cotto needs to control the pace of the fight early. Whether Cotto and his team can pull this plan out will remain to be seen. There are question marks about Cotto: has he physically/mentally recovered from the brutal Margerito fight? will coming in at 145 have any effect on his stamina? And will having an inexperienced corner man hurt him? Cotto has the skill to beat Pac...but how will react mentally and physically in his first big fight since the Tony match is unclear. Pac has momentum. But i think many people have bought in to much into his wins over Hatton and Oscar. He has improved his skills...but as Marquez has shown, a skilled counter puncher can expose him. If Cotto can implement that style...he also has the power to hurt Pac badly. Hopefully it will be a great fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand what DLH was saying and I believe it to be true. DLH's marked face is from too many punches. With that many punches landed DLH should have at least went down. DLH didn't even buckle once in that fight. All solid power punches hurt to some degree but I know what he was saying. Pacquiao landed a ridiculous amount of punches against DLH and DLH was never really hurt. It was all a complete punch output domination. DLH wasn't going to win and the punches kept landing. Every round looked the same. I didn't think Pac looked powerful against DLH at all. He was fast and threw punches all over the place. But Cotto's chin is not the same as DLH and DLH hasn't been war ridden like Cotto. I think Pac does have the capability to KO a welterweight but he is not as powerful as many probably believe. Pac can overwhelm Cotto because Cotto will be there a lot to exchange and take chances. Pac isn't weak at welterweight or anything but he is not a one punch monster Roach is trying to get everyone to believe. That is a mental tactic of Roach, who is very clever with it. At every weight Pac has mostly overwhelmed and/or worn his opponents with barrages. What he did to Hatton is not typical, what he did to DLH is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar probably wouldn't be with us today if he continued in that fight. He was going to get ko'd or worse, in the next round anyway. He looked terrible. Pac didn't have the one punch ko power but he would have ko'd dlh with acculative blows if the fight continued.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacdbest2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

I just saw the hbo replay bact to back of pac-dlh & cotto-clottey, the speed difference is too much for cottoto overcome. Pac by domination stoppage again.
    Perhaps.Perhaps not. Cotto did look somewhat sluggish against Clottey and Pac is extremely quick, but I think Cotto can make this a very good fight if he can keep it technical. Marquez is significantly slower than Pac, but he was able to time him well. Cotto will be looking to do the same thing. Barrera/Pac 2 is another template of how it should be done. Barrera didn't have enough output or power to trouble Pac, but with Cotto being much bigger and stronger I can see Cotto taking more risks and hurting Pac when he does so.

A lot of variables concerning this bout, a fascinating match up. I can't wait.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair to Oscar he never seemed hrut off one single shot but he must have taken about 500 "good" shots in that fight and they took their toll on the golden boy.

To me though this sounds like he might be trying to steel Cotto away soon, I may be wrong but I wouldn't be at all surprised!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Cotto knocks Manny out. I don't even see Manny being that competitive to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by josef4334 View Post

If Pac couldn't have hurt him, why did the dumn bastard quit?
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar wouldn't have made it 12.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DLH was never really rocked badly in the fight, and like many have said it came from an accumulation of punches, and it was against an old, shot, weight drained DLH, i have no doubt in my mind that Pacquiao's punches against a prime Oscar would have been nothing more than mosquito bites, and that Pacquiao wouldn't have lasted 5 rounds

Cotto isn't shot, he's not gonna kill himself like DLH to make weight, and he's a natural welterweight

IMO DLH picking Cotto over Pacquiao has nothing to do with not being included in the promotion, he already made a killing in Mayweather/Marquez, he's just giving his opinion, Hopkins keeps jumping back and forth, he's been recorded picking both fighters , dunno why so much flack

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar is still having trouble accepting the beating he took. Trying to rationalize it...

"Yea, well he didn't hit me that hard...bla bla bla...it's just my butt got stuck to the seat between rounds and the words no mas accidentally slipped out..."

Whatever happens with Cotto/Pac happens. But it sure makes no difference on the embarassin' beatdown Oscar took.

Thread Information