Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo vs Charlo?

Why is this taking so long?!

Right, who do you want Canelo to fight next in 2022?

Give me your next x3 fights for him and justify them.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo vs Charlo?

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Why is this taking so long?!

Right, who do you want Canelo to fight next in 2022?

Give me your next x3 fights for him and justify them.

Cheers.
    Personally, I’d like to see him fight Bivol. And I reckon that fight could get made at SMW, LHW or somewhere in between.
    Whoever Canelo fights, he’s gonna get criticised by some. But to be fair to him, he fights champions every fight. Now you question the merits of some of those, but I don’t see anybody else out there doing that. Certainly not Crawford for example.
    And please note, this is coming from someone who isn’t a big fan of Canelo and IS a big fan of Crawford.
    You have to give respect and say it how it is sometimes.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like Canelo to get beat and his biggest threats would be a Beterbiev, Bivol and Charlo.
    Last edited by Master; 01-31-2022 at 09:26 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to see Canelo fight Charlo. At this point I would like to see Charlo fight any top fighter, he has been brought along very slowly and remains untested in my opinion. Back to Canelo, I agree with the Bivol and Beterbiev Fights being top choices, but my number one fight is Benavides. In my perfect world Canelo fights Benavides while Charlo fights Andrade. Winners fight each other before moving up and fighting Bivol/Beterbiev.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charlo v Canelo in Texas would be really massive. But I need to see Canelo beat the naturally bigger and deserved Benavidez first. Same with Beterbiev. All this talk of Canelo 'cleaning out' 168. Nope, not so. There are top fights for Charlo at 160 before coming up, it's almost been flipped as the time was hot before Canelo left to 175 and settled at 168. Should Charlo go right up and fight like he did v Montiel against Canelo he gets stopped. Same for Andrade imo.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo should fight david b next to clean out one sixty eight. ideally artur & dmitry would fight around the same time so canelo can knockout the winner next & then on to knockout trevor bryan
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez’s coach wants Jermall Charlo fight NEXT with plan to return in May before September Mexico homecoming

CANELO ALVAREZ has been urged by his coach to fight Jermall Charlo next in May before a Mexico homecoming in September.

The Mexican superstar is coming off a blockbuster 2021 in which he claimed the undisputed super-middleweight crown.

Free agent Canelo has since been offered a pay-per-view return by Al Haymon's PBC banner against middleweight champion Charlo.

But Eddie Hearn put forward a two-fight deal, starting with a shot at Dmitry Bivol's WBA light-heavyweight title and a trilogy bout with Gennady Golovkin.

The man in charge of mapping out Canelo's next move is trainer and manager Eddy Reynoso.

And he is leaning towards unbeaten American Charlo, due to his favoured marketability.

Reynoso told Fight Hub TV: “I think a Charlo fight is more media-friendly.

“Charlo is a fighter that sells more, a fighter that more people follow, and because of that, it’s a more attractive fight."

If Reynoso has it his way, Canelo will welcome Charlo to the 168lb division in Vegas for Cinco de Mayo weekend, Mexico's annual celebration on May 5.

But for the first time since 2011, he wants the four-division king to return to Mexico and the national team's 87,00+ seater Azteca Stadium.

Reynoso said: “We are looking to fight in May or September in the US and the last one in Mexico.

"Let's see if we can fight in Azteca Stadium. We are in Canelo's best moment of his career. Hopefully, we get a chance to fight there.”

Charlo, 31, is the current WBC title holder at middleweight, but would have to jump a division to contend for Canelo's belts.

Reynoso said: “Canelo is at the level where he can fight with anyone. I think the difference will be the weight and we have to be careful with that.

"He's fighting in weight classes where he feels strong and 168 is where he feels strong.”

Golovkin, 39, in 2017 was unfortunate to only walk away with a draw against Canelo, 31, before losing the rematch a year later.

He has since remained at middleweight but would also need to move to super-middle to secure a trilogy with his great rival.

Reynoso added: “Let’s see if something can happen in May or September.

"Truth is, Golovkin has raised his hand recently to fight against Canelo. There’s intent there for a trilogy.

“Yeah, 168. If [Golovkin] wants he can come up. Saul can’t go down. He can't make 160 anymore.

“We are going to be working with the promoter that has the best fighters and best fights for us - let's see who we can have a good fight with."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17511...rn-may-mexico/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everybody seems to want Canelo vs Charlo... but at what weight??

I think Canelo beats anyone from 160 on down. Why? Weight gain... that's why.

Jermall has fought exclusively at middle. He's never fought above middle. Any bets on how much Charlo would be outweighed at fight night? I'm tired of these 30-pound differences courtesy of rehydration and weight shenanigans.

At the same weight... Charlo might have a fighting chance. With a bulked up Canelo in there... not so much.

Someone said they'd like to see Canelo fight Bivol?

Yeah... and I would like to hit the lottery tomorrow and win a million dollars. Neither is going to happen. Not Bivol... not Beterbiev.

So sign me up for Canelo vs Benavidez. As much as I've always hated the "Canelo Hype"..... Benavidez is a plodder and I think he gets taken out by Canelo.

Gotta admit that the man finally found his niche at 168.

From there he can pot shot at guys both below (weight advantages) and above (cherry picking).......... when the time is right.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo should go straight for trevor bryan next
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    canelo should go straight for trevor bryan next

You should also post this in the "lame zebra" thread.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Jermall has fought exclusively at middle. He's never fought above middle. Any bets on how much Charlo would be outweighed at fight night? I'm tired of these 30-pound differences courtesy of rehydration and weight shenanigans.

At the same weight... Charlo might have a fighting chance. With a bulked up Canelo in there... not so much.

Yeah... and I would like to hit the lottery tomorrow and win a million dollars. Neither is going to happen. Not Bivol... not Beterbiev.

So sign me up for Canelo vs Benavidez. As much as I've always hated the "Canelo Hype"..... Benavidez is a plodder and I think he gets taken out by Canelo.

From there he can pot shot at guys both below (weight advantages) and above (cherry picking).......... when the time is right.
    Tito! You are usually the one who has to remind me to not be so harsh…!! This is a rare occasion where I disagree with you, respectfully. I feel like Charlo is a big middleweight- much larger framed and longer than Canelo. I also feel like Charlo is explosive and more athletic, which is why I see this as a good fight. I would like to see Charlo fight a higher level of fighter before the Canelo fight (Danny Jacobs, Andrade…etc.), but will take what I can get at this point. If Charlo loses I think it will be due more to lack of experience than size disadvantage

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Tito! You are usually the one who has to remind me to not be so harsh…!! This is a rare occasion where I disagree with you, respectfully. I feel like Charlo is a big middleweight- much larger framed and longer than Canelo. I also feel like Charlo is explosive and more athletic, which is why I see this as a good fight. I would like to see Charlo fight a higher level of fighter before the Canelo fight (Danny Jacobs, Andrade…etc.), but will take what I can get at this point. If Charlo loses I think it will be due more to lack of experience than size disadvantage

@mikeeod ... and you're one of those guys here whose boxing insight I totally respect. I see your point... and I'd like nothing more than for you to be right. Believe me... I'd gladly lose that bet.

Charlo IS very athletic. Much more so than some of Canelo's recent opponents have proven to be. (The Callum Smith is still seared in my mind because of how woeful an effort it was and how Callum eagerly gave away all of his size advantages in losing that fight in lopsided fashion ). Charlo, I agree would present more of a challenge to Canelo. My problem is the weight gain. I just don't remember having to worry about 25-30 pound differences on fight night in previous years. Dehydration and subsequent rehydration of course have been part of the boxing scene since Day One. But some fighters (including Canelo) have taken it to a new level. It would be interesting to see their individual weights come fight night. Even if as you say, Charlo has the bigger frame... somehow Canelo manages to always look bigger on the day of the fight. I like fighters to meet under equal circumstances, as undoable as that sometimes sounds.

I'm by far the biggest Canelo detractor (and hater of the Canelo hype machine) on the forum... but even I have to admit Canelo's got a great set of whiskers. Which is why he can brush off timid offenses as he concentrates on his own offense. Pot shots aren't going to hurt Canelo. It's going to take a sustained attack from someone who (hopefully the same size or bigger) throws punches offensively... not defensively.

Reminds me of the JCC Jr. days, when he used to outweigh his opponents by a whole bunch. It wasn't until he met Fonfara (finally a guy just as big as he) that he got what he would've gotten earlier against a same-sized fighter.

Well... let's hope the Charlo fight comes to pass. He certainly has the natural gifts and skill set to go up against Canelo. If they do fight, I'll be a nervous wreck.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

caleb would beat jermall. jermall is just sparring for canelo

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information