Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: This can bring the toughest of men to tears.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default This can bring the toughest of men to tears.

Thinking about the Nigel Benn-Gerald McCellan fight I watched the reunion just recently check out minutes 32-35. Tell me it's not hard to keep from breaking down. Tell me during those 3 minutes this can't bring the toughest of men to tears. Nigel's take on the fight- but once again minutes 32-35 he actually meets McCellan and family.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This can bring the toughest of men to tears.

Yes classic TV and Benn has found religion to deal with his past life and this event which could destroy a man.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes I cried twice during that. it's really the story of mankind in a way the story of life story of tragedy the story of how human beings ultimately can learn to love each other

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    yes I cried twice during that. it's really the story of mankind in a way the story of life story of tragedy the story of how human beings ultimately can learn to love each other
    I got a bit teary-eyed once talking to Micky Ward. I really got to him when I stated that his fights with Gatti had me hoping both of them could walk away with their health.
    At that point, we, or he should I say started talking for about five straight minutes detailing how his hearing got impaired his equilibrium. It was such a special moment for me.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another moment to make a strong dude cry- Tyson always seems to get emotional when talking about Cus.
    The actual induction that Sunday he got too emotional to speak. But the banquet, man I got that recorded -uploaded it to facebook. But can't even find my account name. Do they delete accounts after 3 years?
    Tyson @ the banquet got teary eyed, you could hear it in his voice. But he talke for about 5 minutes about Cus' death, what it did to him.

When he finished you can see people drying their eyes. Gerald McCellan was mentioned and that was really an emotional moment, followed by Jake Lamotta who had to be wheel chaired in.

Ken Norton need a walker to get on stage, just looking at what boxing can do in terms of physical damage. I'm glad Norton lived long enough to see what he meant to the fans.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I got a bit teary-eyed once talking to Micky Ward. I really got to him when I stated that his fights with Gatti had me hoping both of them could walk away with their health.
    At that point, we, or he should I say started talking for about five straight minutes detailing how his hearing got impaired his equilibrium. It was such a special moment for me.
    Amazing connection there in those five minutes how personal he got with you, no attitude problem, just a human being opening his heart to another human being.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agree, it was hard to watch

To all Saddo Pagans,

you see, Benn has become Christian and now pastoring. +1 proof
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Thread Information