Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 287 of 311 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4663

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

I loved Endgame. My head afterward; I was a mess.

Absolutely thrilling. I saw it in IMAX 3D.

@ Batman
    Plot Reveal
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 04-30-2019 at 09:37 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    OK then here are my problems with End Game

that may be a garbled mess and not the most coherent of posts but that is in keeping with the film in my opinion
    I agree with all that.

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

I've been partaking in a miniseries on Leon Trotsky. Commies sure do love themselves some tedious bullshit. They like setting schedules, printing and handing out leaflets, giving speeches, anything to do that is like play acting what real life actually is. Thank God Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses or Scientologists with OCD aren't Commies or we'd be fucked.

The American Revolution is so easy to understand and so easy to learn about....other revolutions are so fucking convoluted: France, Mexico, Russia....America had the common decency to win the war and then go about the business of setting up a permanent government fairly quickly even taking their time to work through the Articles of Confederation rough draft start to the nation until we got most worthy documents in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Mexico kept fighting and shuffling leaders, France did a complete 180 then kept fighting, and Russia wanted the entire world to join them in their communist bullshit.

It's an intriguing series and well acted even if there are parts which are fabricated. I don't like Trotsky in the series, you're not supposed to, and it works well due to that. 'Downfall' with Bruno Ganz was excellent as well, 'Last King of Scotland' was so-so I don't get their politics or history either. I've yet to see anything on Mao or Stalin or Lenin or Franco or Mussolini or Pinochet or anyone else but always welcome watching something that gives me something to research a bit. I haven't seen anything on Napoleon either.....sad thing is Stanley Kubrick was going to make a movie on him with Jack Nicholson starring as Napoleon. It was going to be epic and after watching Barry Lyndon I think it would have been an amazing movie. I like trying to understand dictators and other world leaders. I want to know how they know they'll lead a nation, I want to know what makes them think they can control the thinking masses.

Anywho watch it it's alright.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 05-01-2019 at 03:25 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Finished up the Trotsky miniseries what an asshole.

Watched 'The Lives of Others' again.... I just can't understand commies. Why would anyone follow that? Even if you do well in communism you're never going to be as free or have as many opportunities as you would in a capitalist nation!

For the life of me I can't understand commies. I'll try til my dying day, but I just don't see the point of it all.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How to train a dragon 3 was not good and this should be the last one now.

Although I thought that about Toy Story 3 and I hear they are making another one of those.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

End Game - I should have read the spoilers before watching (would've made it better), I got a bit bored at times but don't really have a clue about the plot, or give a funk what happened to anyone.

Spoilers*

I liked the start with pony Bourne and family.

The PC shit at the end had me rolling my eyes too (I didn't know who half the birds were though).

When Thanos became the underdog I was rooting for him.

I hated the Hulk/Banner hybreed.

I loved Thor doing Jeff Bridges/Lebowski, especially when he got with the Gaurdians.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Doubt - starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, and Viola Davis.

What a hunk of shit that movie is. It's well acted but of course it would have to be with Hoffman and Streep, but the story is so weak. A priest who also works with the Catholic school MAY be having an illicit affair with the school's first black student. That priest could also just as well have been helping that child adjust to being at a new school full of white kids. That priest could also be gay, know the child is gay (which is indeed the case) and just be mentoring him not molesting him. We never fully know what happened or what happens. All we get is the hints.

I get that the focus of the movie is just that, but I believe it was shoddily written and poorly put together. It could have been so much more than it was.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's Do it Again. an old flick with Sydney Poiter & Bill Cosby pre-spanish fly...I hope!

Cosby, one of the few who didn't need profanity to be funny. And Jimmy Walker (from Good Times) played a sorry skinny sap of a boxer named Bootney Farnsworth who got hypnotized into thinking he was the greatest MW boxer.

Spoiler- the final scene; watching a bunch of black gangsters running in 3 piece suits and big brim hats, chasing down Bill & Sydney was priceless. Although it was done during the black-Xsploitation era, this was just a good comedy.

James Evans the father from the sitcom Good Times &(father in Coming to America) was also in this movie, he was one of the gangsters who took bets on fights & figured out that he got shafted. aka Kansas City Mack!

if you want to remember Bill Cosby of old, this is the movie!!!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

El Kabong Guest

Bill Cosby being a rapey bastard has now ruined my childhood...can't very well watch 'Fat Albert', 'Kids Say The Darndest Things', 'The Cosby Show' or 'Leonard Part 6' and even hope to enjoy them anymore. Thanks a lot Bill! Thought oddly enough Michael Jackson seems to have been restored and his accusers debunked which should all give us pause for when the media goes after somebody with the torches and pitchforks. Bill Cosby threw out the first pitch at a Red Sox game I went to....he got a big ovation....doubt he'll ever be so well received unless some inmates fancy his humor.

Anywho it's a big holiday weekend in the United States! Let's fuckin' do this guys!
    (first some music as you read and hopefully also add on to my list)

MEMORIALDAYMOVIES

'Iron Eagle' (My goal to get the missus to watch this over the weekend....she'll be singing 'Road of the Gypsy' by the end you had better believe it)
    'The Dirty Dozen'
    'The Longest Day'
    'Saving Private Ryan'
    'Full Metal Jacket'
    'Red Dawn'
    'The Great Escape'
    'Stalag 17'
    'Patton'
    'Top Gun'
    'Platoon'
    'Good Morning Vietnam'
    'Hunt for Red October'
    'Blackhawk Down'
    'Delta Force'
    'Missing In Action'
    'Rambo:First Blood'

Add to it gentlemen! And for all of you whose friends and relatives served in the American military and alongside the American military and are no longer with us many thanks for their service and God bless

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched happy death day 2 which carries on from the first film and is not that bad.

Also watched Will Ferrell Sherlock Holmes and that was not as funny as it should have been.

El Kabong Guest

Caddyshack, fucking great film for summertime

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hotel Mumbai
    About the big terrorist attacks in 2008.
    Good movie

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Doubt - starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, and Viola Davis.

What a hunk of shit that movie is. It's well acted but of course it would have to be with Hoffman and Streep, but the story is so weak. A priest who also works with the Catholic school MAY be having an illicit affair with the school's first black student. That priest could also just as well have been helping that child adjust to being at a new school full of white kids. That priest could also be gay, know the child is gay (which is indeed the case) and just be mentoring him not molesting him. We never fully know what happened or what happens. All we get is the hints.

I get that the focus of the movie is just that, but I believe it was shoddily written and poorly put together. It could have been so much more than it was.
    Err.. @Lyle, you wanted a film called Doubt, which was all about "doubt," to give you definitive answers? I saw it years ago, however, I remember thinking it was pretty clear the whole idea is WE choose what to believe depending on our own prejudice/feelings/personality.

Was he really innocent? Does it matter? (That sounds weirdo considering the subject, but makes sense if you've seen the film). I remember the Streep Nun clearly didn't like the men/priests and especially hated the "young" modern Hoffman character. She had zero evidence yet was convinced she was right (like belief in supernatural beings - god).

Why did you assume he was gay (I can't remember that being implied? I remember something about him being odd compared to other men because his hands were always spotless?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brightburn - everyone always thought it would be cool to see Superman as a right cunt (how scary was Superman 3 when he went all dirty piss head? Still think i'm traumatised by that) Well these days it's a cert he would have turned out like this.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Brightburn - everyone always thought it would be cool to see Superman as a right cunt (how scary was Superman 3 when he went all dirty piss head? Still think i'm traumatised by that) Well these days it's a cert he would have turned out like this.
    I want to watch it but do not like horror movies. So worth a watch?

Thread Information