Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: All about Broner (arrest in MIA, Stripper pic & vid, flushing $ in the toilet & more)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: All about Broner (arrest in MIA, Stripper pic & vid, flushing $ in the toilet & m

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    He can flush the money down the toilet or burn it..who cares, thats his money and he earned it in the most dangerous sport on earth.
    @imp Not that it probably matters but just to be clear that's against the law...

The people behind broner are loving all this attention. This all makes loads of money and alot more headlines and interest - good or bad.

Tyson fury is about the same age and he acts like an asshole as well and im sure it will sell more tickets for him..thats how some of these boxers promote themselves and it seems to be working.

I like andre ward. Hes a great guy.
    But pretend he had an identical twin with the same skillset.
    The twin that acted exactly like broner or fury will get the most money everytime.
    @imp I def. see your point but hear me out on this from these names tell me which fighters behaved like Broner to sell tickets or become stars?
    ODLH
    Pacquiao
    Holyfield
    Lewis
    Trinidad
    Hatton
    Cotto
    RJJ
    Wladdy

Go ahead take your time...
    You have got to be kidding me Mick. It will take no time at all. Several of those listed have less then stellar backgrounds. Before them. Greb probably got into more bar fights then he did pro fights. And what of Ketchel's past? Robinsons womanizing and Ali's? Have a close look at Dixons career or Jimmy Wildes. None of the above and I could list many more had to deal with this micro second reporting on living. Thank whatever god for that.

This guy manufactured this shit and made a video flushing cash. He then has a photo circulating of him at a strip club? Does anybody actually believe that this was some chance encounter of seeing Adrien Broner at a strip club? You are being played. Haymon is buying property based on Broner demand. Half of which is probably people that want to see him starched on the canvas.
    @IamInuit so let me see if I understand this correctly. You are saying that those guys like Greb, Ketchel, SRR and the rest did those things to sell tickets?

My response to @imp was in regards to him saying Broner was doing that to sell tickets.

I'm well aware of all the things some of these boxers did on the side. As well as Jack Johnson, JCC Sr. and Monzon to name a few. However you can not tell me they did these things to sell tickets. Which is what my response was intended for.

I don't think it's an act I've been around him several times now and see how he has treated fans already. I really think it's him he's trying to be like his big brother PBF.

What I'm saying is they don't sell him in this "form" to the people in order to be successful because there have been many successful boxers who sold huge numbers on PPV without having to resort to those antics.

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I'm just gonna come out and say it... I just don't get "black culture" hahaha
    It's more about being between 20 and 30. IMO
    I agree with @beenKOed it's not a race thing but a mindset/age thing...
    He's living the life.

Look at Danny Garcia he's not black and he does some wild shit from what I've been told. @Beanflicker

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Just ignore historic fact and continue with the hateathon.
    funny you're the one who ignored exactly what CutMeMick wrote, and listed fighters that he didn't even mention as examples, get your nose out of Broner's ass, call me old fashioned but a fighter's marketability should be based on how he performs in the ring, the rest of his antics and bullshit behavior out of it doesn't make him a star, it just shows what kind of a person he is out of the ring, Broner's behavior every time shown portrays that he's an arrogant stuck up self entitled little bitch, not even an original one at that, even the man whom he tries to portray (Mayweather) shows a clear difference between Floyd the person and Money the character, all it sounds like to me is we have a new Taeth =/
    I never ignored squat. I said that many listed had less then stellar pasts be it Oscar wearing nylons, coking out with hookers or Holyfields 30 kids with about 8 different women. I merely assumed that most knew what "less then stellar" means. I listed the others because many many fighters throughout history make Broner look like a boy scout.
    @IamInuit I'll say it again as far as selling tickets/big numbers ODLH or Evander didn't do those things to sell tickets. Which is what my response was about...
    I know boxers have a life aside from boxing and most aren't perfect that's not what I'm debating. I'm saying is that this is not an act. Broner really is an idiot.
    And you don't need an "act" to sell tickets if you are as talented as you claim to be.
    Go in there get the job done and that itself will sell tickets.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: All about Broner (arrest in MIA, Stripper pic & vid, flushing $ in the toilet & m

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    He can flush the money down the toilet or burn it..who cares, thats his money and he earned it in the most dangerous sport on earth.
    @imp Not that it probably matters but just to be clear that's against the law...

The people behind broner are loving all this attention. This all makes loads of money and alot more headlines and interest - good or bad.

Tyson fury is about the same age and he acts like an asshole as well and im sure it will sell more tickets for him..thats how some of these boxers promote themselves and it seems to be working.

The twin that acted exactly like broner or fury will get the most money everytime.
    @imp I def. see your point but hear me out on this from these names tell me which fighters behaved like Broner to sell tickets or become stars?
    ODLH
    Pacquiao
    Holyfield
    Lewis
    Trinidad
    Hatton
    Cotto
    RJJ
    Wladdy

Broner isn't a heavyweight, isn't Hispanic so doesn't get mass support from boxing's biggest demographic and isn't white. That leaves RJJ and Manny on your list. RJJ never did anything special on PPV and Manny only became a superstar when he moved up in weight and beat Fishnets. If Broner ever does fight and beat Floyd in a big PPV event then he'll go on to do Floyd-type PPV numbers too.

And that's what this is about. Taking a black kid from the projects whose commercial potential is greatly limited by those and other factors and turning him into a money machine that makes him and his handlers hundreds of millions of dollars. Broner would make videos of him eating his own shit if it was going to get him where he wanted to go.
    @Kirkland Laing So now being White is a an advantage as far selling tickets goes? I was not aware of that... Here I thought it was being an excellent boxer who was exciting to watch.
    Can you tell me what White boxer is doing huge numbers who is not a HW?
    I'm sure Broner can do all that but what he's doing now is not an act to sell tickets. He really is that arrogant.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guys guys guys, this is not a hill that I am prepared to die on. Yes he's an arrogant tool and yes he makes a fool of himself but try to imagine if others of the past were even close to being as micro connected as we are today. And I'll say this again that the things people are fixating on here are minor compared to what others have done. People who dislike Broner and have since before these acts came to light are simply going to like him less and make this molehill into a mountain. Ike is a scumbag. Monzon is a scum bag. Valero ditto and Ayala. Broner is a juvenile delinquent in a 20 something body.
    Now I will politely back out of this thread hands at my side.

El Kabong Guest

@Kirkland Laing So now being White is a an advantage as far selling tickets goes? I was not aware of that... Here I thought it was being an excellent boxer who was exciting to watch.
    I'm sure Broner can do all that but what he's doing now is not an act to sell tickets. He really is that arrogant.
    DUH....apparently you missed out on just what a big fucking deal Lou Savarese was

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guys guys guys, this is not a hill that I am prepared to die on. Yes he's an arrogant tool and yes he makes a fool of himself but try to imagine if others of the past were even close to being as micro connected as we are today. And I'll say this again that the things people are fixating on here are minor compared to what others have done. People who dislike Broner and have since before these acts came to light are simply going to like him less and make this molehill into a mountain. Ike is a scumbag. Monzon is a scum bag. Valero ditto and Ayala. Broner is a juvenile delinquent in a 20 something body.
    @IamInuit like I said that's NOT what my response was in regards to...
    imp said it was an act to sell tickets and I said you don't need an act and listed those names.

I agree Ike, Valero and Ayala are all scum but we're not talking about those things.

We are talking about putting on an act to sell tickets. That's what imp & I were talking about.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@IamInuit like I said that's NOT what my response was in regards to...
    imp said it was an act to sell tickets and I said you don't need an act and listed those names.

I agree Ike, Valero and Ayala are all scum but we're not talking about those things.

We are talking about putting on an act to sell tickets. That's what imp & I were talking about.
    I understand that @CutMeMick.But these kinds of threads morph and it seems pretty clear to me that the kid is being crucified for things similar to that which we have all done in some form or another. I have never had it alleged that I gave face to a stripper at a strip club but I hired a hooker in Acapulco. I have never literally flushed cash down a physical toilet but I have flushed thousands of dollars down all kinds of other toilets over the course of my life. Broner probably had a pail underneath a p-trap collecting the money. Had my share of bar fights over the years. Broners was minor.

I agree with Imp. His negative publicity will amount to more ticket sales just as it has in the past. History repeating itself. Floyd sitting at ringside at the Manfredy fight with Chico telling his wife to leave the abuser and then being charged himself for the first time shortly thereafter. I don't condone this stuff but these guys are not the top of the moral food chain. They are not role models and its borderline naive to expect such at this level.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    Adrien Broner Puts His Tongue Inside Stripper's Coochie + Makes It Rain Throwing $15,000! (*Warning* Must Be 18yrs Or Older To View) - World Star Uncut

Yeah. Suspiciously good quality recording. If Haymon isn't responsible for this I'd be surprised. Maybe Broner is just supernaturally gifted when it comes to image-making.
    This kid might get exposed in the ring soon enough. Some people forget...Floyd wasn't "Money" Mayweather early in his career. He was just a supremely gifted professional in the ring. The outlandish persona came later. Early in his career he was coming off a great amatuer/Olympic career (something Broner does not have) and took care of business in the ring without the media attention exploits that would come later. Broner is getting by right now on his physical gifts and some kind matchmaking. While he is doing a fine second rate version of Floyd's current persona...he doesn't have Mayweather's pedigree and skill.
    I'm not really arguing with anything you said but I don't think we know exactly how good--in the ring--Broner is yet.
    Broner dreams big, he doesn't want to be like Floyd, he wants to go far beyond Floyd's image. IMO
    He doesn't have Floyd's skill set or professionalism at the same stage of their careers. Broner could dream as big as he wants...but if he gets sparked and loses...no one will care about his act. I am not hating on the guy for being a douche bag to sell tickets. That is business. I am just reminding people that Floyd was already a supremely skilled and accomplished fighter before he became "Money." Broner is untested and already thinks he is the heir apparent. We shall see.
    Floyd is a couple of steps above other fighters.
    Broner could be a step below Floyd and still go undefeated. I'm not saying that's going to happen but it is possible.
    I don't see anything wrong with the progress Broner is making, he doesn't seem to be avoiding anyone and he certainly is moving up quickly.
    We will know a lot more after Paulie.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adrien Broner Puts His Tongue Inside Stripper's Coochie + Makes It Rain Throwing $15,000! (*Warning* Must Be 18yrs Or Older To View) - World Star Uncut

Yeah. Suspiciously good quality recording. If Haymon isn't responsible for this I'd be surprised. Maybe Broner is just supernaturally gifted when it comes to image-making.
    This kid might get exposed in the ring soon enough. Some people forget...Floyd wasn't "Money" Mayweather early in his career. He was just a supremely gifted professional in the ring. The outlandish persona came later. Early in his career he was coming off a great amatuer/Olympic career (something Broner does not have) and took care of business in the ring without the media attention exploits that would come later. Broner is getting by right now on his physical gifts and some kind matchmaking. While he is doing a fine second rate version of Floyd's current persona...he doesn't have Mayweather's pedigree and skill.
    I'm not really arguing with anything you said but I don't think we know exactly how good--in the ring--Broner is yet.
    Broner dreams big, he doesn't want to be like Floyd, he wants to go far beyond Floyd's image. IMO
    He doesn't have Floyd's skill set or professionalism at the same stage of their careers. Broner could dream as big as he wants...but if he gets sparked and loses...no one will care about his act. I am not hating on the guy for being a douche bag to sell tickets. That is business. I am just reminding people that Floyd was already a supremely skilled and accomplished fighter before he became "Money." Broner is untested and already thinks he is the heir apparent. We shall see.
    Floyd is a couple of steps above other fighters.
    Broner could be a step below Floyd and still go undefeated. I'm not saying that's going to happen but it is possible.
    I don't see anything wrong with the progress Broner is making, he doesn't seem to be avoiding anyone and he certainly is moving up quickly.
    We will know a lot more after Paulie.
    Yet he still hasn't really faced anyone

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner should fight paulie.
    Come back down and fight ricky burns.
    Then get into the 140 mix.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ODLH
    Pacquiao
    Holyfield
    Lewis
    Trinidad
    Hatton
    Cotto
    RJJ
    Wladdy

Broner isn't a heavyweight, isn't Hispanic so doesn't get mass support from boxing's biggest demographic and isn't white. That leaves RJJ and Manny on your list. RJJ never did anything special on PPV and Manny only became a superstar when he moved up in weight and beat Fishnets. If Broner ever does fight and beat Floyd in a big PPV event then he'll go on to do Floyd-type PPV numbers too.

And that's what this is about. Taking a black kid from the projects whose commercial potential is greatly limited by those and other factors and turning him into a money machine that makes him and his handlers hundreds of millions of dollars. Broner would make videos of him eating his own shit if it was going to get him where he wanted to go.
    What I'm saying is that Broner is a black kid and PPV buyers are almost all either Hispanics or white suburbanites. Very few black people out there who are interested in boxing and have enough dough to ttaend fights or pay for PPVs. He's got no option but to do what he's doing to make himself PPVable. It's not like a black kid from the projects with an extremely unnattractive personality, fifteen kids and an extensive criminal record that includes assault and purse snatching is going to appeal to the aforementioned PPV buyers in any good way. They're only going to tune in due to the hype and controversy or to see him get beat.

And yes what he's doing is all grounded in his personaility and it isn't an act, just like the Money Mayweather persona is just regular Floyd amped up for the TV. But it's all being gradually brought to the public in a very well thought out and professional way indeed.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He flushed sixty dollars down a toilet for fuck's sake. If he keeps on winning people will be viewing that video for years to come. It'll be worth countless PPV buys and it'll have cost him the price of one PPV buy and a few minutes of his time. Like I said, this is being done by people who know their shit.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner should fight paulie.
    Come back down and fight ricky burns.
    Then get into the 140 mix.
    If Broner beats Paulie he would be tempted to face B level champs like Alexander then stay at the weight for a mega fight with the big boys which I see him losing. I do not see the sense in fighting at welter at this stage.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like these conspiracy theories about how this is all to booster ppv buys. Since when does eating some skank's pussy make people want to see you box ?

Broner best be careful frequenting those Miami strip clubs. That is Randall Bailey's turf. Love to see him KO the lil bastard in a strip club brawl

Mind you I fully admit Bailey wouldn't be able to touch him in the ring, but if he did well same result.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I like these conspiracy theories about how this is all to booster ppv buys. Since when does eating some skank's pussy make people want to see you box ?

Broner best be careful frequenting those Miami strip clubs. That is Randall Bailey's turf. Love to see him KO the lil bastard in a strip club brawl

Mind you I fully admit Bailey wouldn't be able to touch him in the ring, but if he did well same result.
    2nd and last time through that door that I was done with. Who's making the big deal of him giving face to some skank? His haters are. What is this a forum of Mormons? Basket weaving?
    Look he is a baby compared to the lifestyles of others throughout history. He is also jumping up 2 divisions to 147 because 135 is a barren wasteland and 140 is rather busy. Who else has done so in history?

People cant continue to change the subject by proxy. Asshole does sell and history proves it in empirical fashion. Its not opinion based.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

2nd and last time through that door that I was done with. Who's making the big deal of him giving face to some skank? His haters are. What is this a forum of Mormons? Basket weaving?
    Look he is a baby compared to the lifestyles of others throughout history. He is also jumping up 2 divisions to 147 because 135 is a barren wasteland and 140 is rather busy. Who else has done so in history?

People cant continue to change the subject by proxy. Asshole does sell and history proves it in empirical fashion. Its not opinion based.
    Is Broner your son or close relative ? You should at least be on the pay roll and part of his entourage with the excessive amount of time you've wasted defending him.

Just forget it. He behaved in a very trashy manner, but your right it has fuck all to do with boxing. However, it does influence how people perceive him as a human being.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information