Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Timothy Bradley appears a done deal for 14th September 2013

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Timothy Bradley appears a done deal for 14th September 2013

Marquez: I'm Facing Tim Bradley on 9/14 in Las Vegas - Boxing News

Wow, JMM followed through with his word. Good man. There aren't many fighters I respect more in the ring than Marquez and the fact he stayed true to his word and turned down the 5th Pacquiao fight for a new challenge only raises him higher in my estimations. Bradley is no slouch though and this could be another Chris John.

The fight is said to be in Vegas.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Timothy Bradley appears a done deal for 14th September 20

I don't see Marquez being robbed like he was in the John fight. He's gonna beat up Bradley. And beat him up bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Timothy Bradley appears a done deal for 14th September 20

Great fight! Marquez is going for the kill in terms of legacy. He should be able to take out Bradley and if he follows up maybe two more marquee fights he could end being this generations 2nd best fighter behind Mayweather but ahead of his cheif rival Pacquiao.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    I don't see Marquez being robbed like he was in the John fight. He's gonna beat up Bradley. And beat him up bad.
    I would tend to agree but when a fighter is fighting at the age of 40 you never really know if he will still perform to his best. Marquez is all kinds of world class and while Tim isn't world class is any area, he is a pretty well rounded fighter with a good engine. Could go either way.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In my opinion he lost to John but damn man John's no bum so no shame in that. I am curious to see if he can keep Bradley off him the same way he did Diaz. He's much older now.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be honest, think Bradley should have to do more to get this as hes off two fights he lost from my eye. But I think Marquez has him all figured out and will do a number on Bradley. Irony is he'll need to go slugger on Marquez because he ain't hanging with Marquez trying to box. Marquez too sharp, too accurate, too deep.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Marquez: I'm Facing Tim Bradley on 9/14 in Las Vegas - Boxing News

Wow, JMM followed through with his word. Good man. There aren't many fighters I respect more in the ring than Marquez and the fact he stayed true to his word and turned down the 5th Pacquiao fight for a new challenge only raises him higher in my estimations. Bradley is no slouch though and this could be another Chris John.

The fight is said to be in Vegas.
    This still looks early days. Talks have just started and is nowhere near a done deal. Pacquiao v Alvarado is another one in talks which would be an absolute awesome fight.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would tend to agree but when a fighter is fighting at the age of 40 you never really know if he will still perform to his best. Marquez is all kinds of world class and while Tim isn't world class is any area, he is a pretty well rounded fighter with a good engine. Could go either way.
    You did see what the limited, crude Provodnikov was able to do to Bradley right? He couldn’t miss him. One of Marquez biggest weapons has always been his accuracy. i see Marquez forcing a stoppage around the 7th or 8th round

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You did see what the limited, crude Provodnikov was able to do to Bradley right? He couldn’t miss him. One of Marquez biggest weapons has always been his accuracy. i see Marquez forcing a stoppage around the 7th or 8th round
    The Provo fight was the first time Bradlleys defence looked bad, I agree and think Marquez would be able to stop Bradley but he aint gonna get hit as easily as he did against Provo. Hell fight this fight in his usual horrible to watch style.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this fight happens it would be for Bradley's WBO welterweight title.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don't understand how someone can score John over Marquez in their fight. Marquez won clear. I think he beats Bradley , possibly by ko , but most likely a comfortable points decision. bradley will be on his ass at least once

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley has the heart of a lion.
    Bradley beats marquez and sticks to the boxing.
    Marquez is a legend in the game but hes 40 years old and powder puff bradley will fight alot smarter this time.
    Everyone counts out bradley but he still seems to scrape through and that is what will give him the extra push with marquez.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM by KO/TKO imo

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Marquez is a legend in the game but hes 40 years old and powder puff bradley will fight alot smarter this time.
    Everyone counts out bradley but he still seems to scrape through and that is what will give him the extra push with marquez.
    This is the first time that @imp and I have agreed. If Bradley can box like he has before, he has a good chance at beating Marquez. Prior to the Provo fight, Marquez's trainer didn't want Marquez to face Bradley because he was worried about the styles match-up. It was only after Bradley slugged it out with Provo that Marquez's team even considered the Bradley fight. If that is the new Bradley, Marquez knocks him out. If Bradley reverts to his old self, he outboxes Marquez.

I hope they have VADA testing for this fight.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    This is the first time that @imp and I have agreed. If Bradley can box like he has before, he has a good chance at beating Marquez. Prior to the Provo fight, Marquez's trainer didn't want Marquez to face Bradley because he was worried about the styles match-up. It was only after Bradley slugged it out with Provo that Marquez's team even considered the Bradley fight. If that is the new Bradley, Marquez knocks him out. If Bradley reverts to his old self, he outboxes Marquez.

I hope they have VADA testing for this fight.
    Cant agree with you fellas. I think Marquez turns him into a pin cushion. Bradley has never really met a significant counter puncher but he will soon experience it. Timmy is a rinse and repeat fighter and that is a counter punchers wonderland and he walks straight in also. Winner meets Manny I bet.

Thread Information